Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

places in ontario to have the surgery

I am near London ontario canada, looking for a place close by that do the surgery! I have some questions about cost, but dont want to have to drive hours, for a consultation for something that i will not ever be able to afford. Anyone know of where they do the surgery near here?

Thanks, Tina

I am near London ontario canada, looking for a place close by that do the surgery! I have some questions about cost, but dont want to have to drive hours, for a consultation for something that i will not ever be able to afford. Anyone know of where they do the surgery near here?

Thanks, Tina

Drive to Sarnia and cross over to Port Huron. Dr. Bhesania, who happens to be Canadian also, is awesome. He's been doing Lapband since about 2002 and has done about 2000 of them.

I am in London, Ontario, and am in the same boat. There is nowhere in London that bands, so I called the Bluewater Clinic in Sarnia (the closest location), and inquired about the process. I asked very reasonable questions, like:

• Fees: Is financing available?
  • What is the process like for an out-of-towner for fills, consults, etc?
  • Could I get a ballpark fee figure, instead of driving to Sarnia for a consult, only to find I couldn't afford it?

They were not forthcoming with the fees, ( this was expected) and I was treated very frostily by the woman I spoke with at Blueater, depsite the fact I was warm and respectful, and had (I feel!) very reasonable questions. It was very off-putting...

Is there anyone out there from the London or Southwestern Ontario region who has had a good experience? If so, please respond and share details!

I was banded at the Slimband clinic in Toronto. However, they have sattelite offices and I know they do fills in London (and Kitchener). So, that might be an option for you; I can give you info about the cost etc. if you want. PM me if needed!

I went to SWLC in Mississauga....they are amazinging!!! You can call and talk to Dr Coburn. The surgery is the minor part...driving a few hours for a top itch Dr is worth it. What you need to find out is whetherthere's anyone local who can do your fills. Total cost in 2010 at SWLC was $16,000. I got money back at tax time and if needed there are other payment options

How do you get money back on taxes? I am in to see Dr. Cobourn on April 4 for my procedure. I heard you can report it as a medical expense?? How much can one expect to get back?

It depends on your income and such. I think around 20% you get back

How do you get money back on taxes? I am in to see Dr. Cobourn on April 4 for my procedure. I heard you can report it as a medical expense?? How much can one expect to get back?

Hi there I Amon day 4 today. Dr Cobourn did mine on Thursday. He is a very nice man. The nurses are great too. The facility is very nice. Makes me wonder why we don't have more private medical in Canada for sure. I was treated with the utmost respect and caring. Good luck to you