Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 fills since March...

I just had my fourth fill August 1st and I've had my band since March 14th. This last fill did absolutely nothing and I feel like I'm hungry constantly. I'm also eating more than I have since being banded. Has anyone else had this problem? When will I finally stop being hungry in between meals?

I have the same problem but only have had 1 fill. I have 1cc in my band and I am more hungry than ever. My weight loss has stopped so not sure what to do. I know if I ask for a bigger fill , my dr will deny it and give me some line about taking it slow. I didnt go through the pain and agony to not be in control over my weight loss. I hate sitting at this stand still. I have a goal for Christmas and at this rate..Im not going to make it. I just wanna be under 200 by Christmas and I am stuck at 236. Not sure when my next fill is, Im thinking first week in sept, but still frustrating. I am trying to eat right, when I feel the urge to snack, I pick low fat Snacks to curb the hunger.(even though I need to fight the urge to not snack). You not alone, we in the same boat and eventually we will make it to the sweet spot. I am trying to stay positive and you should too. Have you spoken to your Dr about whats going on?

Ann

I just had my fourth fill August 1st and I've had my band since March 14th. This last fill did absolutely nothing and I feel like I'm hungry constantly. I'm also eating more than I have since being banded. Has anyone else had this problem? When will I finally stop being hungry in between meals?

How large are your fills? As you can imagine, a .5cc fill will be less effective than a 2cc fill, right? I've had a total of seven fills now, but they were in various amounts. It's the total you have in your band, as compared to what you need, to experience the benefits. So the number of fills is less important than the results of those fills. Everyone has a different requirement, and shouldn't be compared to each other. I have 9.2cc in my 14cc band, and I'm right at my green zone. But right here on LBT there are people who have zero fill and who are doing fine. (I think they're amazing people, but that's just me... :))

If you're feeling hungrier than ever, you may want to have your doctor comfirm how much you actually have in your band. They can do that by drawing out everything in your band, to confirm it's empty, then refilling it to the right level. If you have a leak, you may not be as filled as you think you are. Talk to your surgeon's team about what you're experiencing, and find some answers. No sense being frustrated.

Good luck!

Dave

I feel your pain. I have had four fills since my surgery March 31, 2011. I have lost 25 pds post op. My doc has been putting in 1cc per visit. My last fill was 08/16/2011 and I still do not feel like I am in my green zone, getting close though. My surgeon has left the practice and I saw a different doc last time. He gave me 1cc then told me to come back in 4 months for another follow up??? So frustrating.

The PA never tells me how much Fluid she puts in, but she always draws the fluid out to confirm how much is there and to make sure there's no leak. I called the office a few days ago because I was starting to freak out...I thought I might have a pouch dilation or something. They didn't seem to think so but they said they would do a video esophagram just in case. Hopefully everything is ok.

I have 9cc in a 14cc band now and I still get hungry every two or three hours. I have found that I have to eat 5 to 6 times a day and I am find with that. since I have gotten used to eating more often, I am doing great. We are all so different and finding what works for you is the toughest part. Good luck and just keep moving along and don't worry.