Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast lift with implants

Hello Banders I need your help. I live in Houston Texas and saw about 6 doctors and have decided on one doctor. I was told that I need a breast lift with implant. I wanted to get saline implants because if they leak I will know and it is less of a risk of getting scared tissue and hard breast. But my doctor said I lost so much weight and you can see my chest bone my doctor said if i get saline I will get ripping so he wants me to get silicone. So my question to you guys is what did you get saline or silicone. And did you hear the same thing my doctor told me? How was your healing? Any info you can give me would be great. If you have gotten work done in Houston please let me know.

Thanks in Advance,

I was told the same thing and decided to have itty bitty titties and I love them...no implants to worry about. I ended up a 34C which in the old days probably would be an A+, LOL, but I am happy!!!!

Good luck on your decision making...it is a difficult decision.

Mimi

I didnt get as far as having to choose but I was told a lift alone wouldnt be enough - like you you can actually count the rib bones on my chest and my breasts are empty - there's too much skin for a simple lift so I would need implants.

I'm a 12 C (32 C). I dont consider I have itty bitty titties!!! They are quite a decent size thank you! I did nothing because I dont want big norgs, I dont want to go back to a Dcup or bigger, I think it looks matronly and I was glad to lose my big breasts!! Men might love big plastic breasts but its not my scene, so I live with the sag. They look fine when I"m dressed. A good bra is all you need.

Well i was a D to begin with and i want to be at least a C. right now i am a small sagging B.

I didnt get as far as having to choose but I was told a lift alone wouldnt be enough - like you you can actually count the rib bones on my chest and my breasts are empty - there's too much skin for a simple lift so I would need implants.

I'm a 12 C (32 C). I dont consider I have itty bitty titties!!! They are quite a decent size thank you! I did nothing because I dont want big norgs, I dont want to go back to a Dcup or bigger, I think it looks matronly and I was glad to lose my big breasts!! Men might love big plastic breasts but its not my scene, so I live with the sag. They look fine when I"m dressed. A good bra is all you need.

When I told the surgeon I was concerned about implants because I didnt want to go bigger again, he did sort of seem to treat me like I was a bit nuts - I decided he wasnt the surgeon for me, becuase he didnt appear to understand that I wasnt there to have big melons up to my chin. But he did tell me (in a kind of 'well, if youre sure you're happy to be so small" tone) that when you have a breast lift, you lose size from your bust and the smaller sized implants simply restore you to normal size, but lifted. So you could indeed get a lift and an implant and achieve a nice moderate C cup.

But he sort of was indicating to me that the only way to fill in the loose, floppy skin on the top of my breasts was BIG implants - like back up to a D cup.

The only thing that bugs me about not getting anything done, is that I have to wear a full coverage bra and not show cleavage. Not sure what yours are like but for me, I'm completely flat and empty on the top of my breasts - any sort of push up bra does the job - pushes them up and together but the skin is like a puddle of Water, it ripples and flops and looks extremely unattractive, not the plump rounded look that a pushup bra is supposed to create. For that sort of problem a decent size round implant is what is required.

I was lucky, I had a breast lift and that was all I needed. I went from a 46DDD to a 38C. I feel like Jachut that really big boobs look matronly. I asked about implants and my plastic surgeon (woman) said I didn't need them. I am glad I listened to her.

I'm wondering about this also because I'm planning on getting implants. I see my surgeon next month so I'm waiting to see what he thinks.

Is anyone of y'alls insurance covering your lift and/or implants??? I know my insurance company will cover certain reconstructive/plastic surgeries, it just depends on the circumstances.

I am looking into implants and I am thinking silicone (gummy bear gel). I think it feels more natural and if there is a leak it won't deflate right away. Yes you will have to replace it sooner or later but it has more of a slower leak.

I am already uneven. I don't want to be normal then wake up one morning missing a boob.

I have heard that saline implants are more likely to show "ripples" on the skin. I don't know if that is true but I do have a friend with saline implants and major rippling between her breasts.

I just have to say that for the past week I've been doing some research on implants because I want them really bad. I have the problem that Jachut says she has. I guess we'll call it the puddle syndrome. I'm empty and flat and saggin with a little boobie on the bottom. I still fit into a small D or large C, but I would like for that top portion to be filled up because being 21 and not able to show any cleavage is a little embarrassing and ridiculous in my opinion. Saline implants only ripple when the implants are very large and the skin is really taught on them. In other words it seems to be that the smaller you are, the larger implant the more likelihood of rippling. I am going to get silicone implants because They feel and more more like natural breasts would. =)

I'm getting silicone, under the muscle on October 27! :) Saline feels and looks like Water in a bag. Besides..how in the heck are you worried about silicone when the band itself is...dare I say it........made of silicone? :huh:

Thanks for your help in answering my questions. i finally got my boobs done and i an 2 weeks out still feel sore a little but other than that i am great just waiting for them to drop :-)