Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!! Need advice about eating out!

I am at 3 weeks post op and I am meeting my parents for dinner on Wednesday so they can see my son and just spend time with them! I am nervous because i don't know what to order or where to even go! Does anyone have any suggestions? I am off of the liquid diet and on to the 'mushy' stage!

SOUP!

Soup, COTTAGE cheese, BEANS!!!!!!!

Soup, baked potato

Refried Beans or bean dip. tuna or chicken salad if they didn't have things not on list and you could flake up meat pretty well.

Soup, mash potatoes,

I had stuffed tilapia the other day. It was wonderful, very soft and easy to digest. I, also, love to get baked sweet potato. Otherwise, I would stick to a cream Soup.< /p>

Maybe chilli if you're going for fast food like Wendy's or a meatball in sauce if you're going Italian or to a pizza place. Scrambled eggs, fish with a side of mashed pots? Dine's are usually good because there is so much to choose from . I just started eating out again, I will be 6 weeks this Friday. Just take it easy chewing and watch your portions. I share a meal with my 7 year old and I'm still bringing food home LOL!!!! Enjoy it, going out again really made me feel like this is sooo doable and I can enjoy things like a regular person!!

Thanks for all the helpful advice on eating out at mushie stage. Turned down an invite to go out to eat last weekend. Was still on liquids and could not imagine what I would get. Now on mushies it seems doable. You are right we need to feel like we can socialize like a real person. It makes you feel alot better. CAT

This is a wonderful phase on the journey in which to discover a whole NEW way to eating according to what our brain tells us instead of the Belly Beasts continuing to run our lives. Yes, Soups were a whole new food group I belatedly discovered as actually being GOOD!!!

I would suggest that you get something really soft to eat. Maybe a flaky white grilled fish, mash potatoes, pinto Beans, Soup. Lay off dessert because you may not be able to finish your dinner. But if you have to have it. Just a scope of ice cream will suffice.

Its gonna be kinda hard at this point in your journey, so dont over eat. make sure you chew very carefully because you dont wanna get stuck during dinner. Have a great time ;)

Surgery Date 04/11/11

Lapband with Gastric Plication

weight.png