Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Hey everyone...My post-op visit was today and yippeeee I've lost 15% of my access weight so far and my bmi went from 47.6 to 44.5 yipee! AND now I can eat mushies..thank goodness!

Hope everyone is doing well !

Congrats Sherry thats awesome.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my fill moved from March 14th to March 7th due to that I am so hungry sometimes, and don't feel much restriction. So they bumped me up a week. Its only 2 weeks pre-op, but I am sure they know what they are doing! :>

Wow, everyone's doing so great! I love seeing the progress!

I'm back to exercising again. We've been really sedentary for the last year, so it's hurting, lol. I guess it's the pain of learning to live again! :)

I counted my calories this week & was shocked at how easily the liquid calories slide in, lol. I can certainly see why they say no liquid calories after the healing period!

Can't wait to get through our 6 weeks & get started!

PS If I missed updating something, please repost it -- I try, but sometimes I'm simply blind (or blonde, lol).

The movie was great! It showed the band operation itself which is the first time I've seen it being performed. Thanks for posting this.

No problem! I was so happy to find it!

It was the first time I had actually seen the operation performed as well.

I kept wondering why I had these scars in weird places...now I know!:confused:

Hi guys....I was banded at the end of Feb....am 3 days post op today....doing great except for EXTREME left shoulder gas pain...I am moving a lot....but can't seem to get rid of it....I have tried different position changes that work temporarily, pain meds, heat...you name it....I hope it leaves my body soon!!!

hi Dena, I'm sorry I can't help other than to recommend GasX chewables. I didn't have the shoulder pain but sure had alot of gas that didn't want to come out lol

Thanks...I've been chewing on those too.....I am on day three of this severe pain...I am in pain now as I type this...but am trying to stay up and keep walking around in hopes that will help.....

I had quite a bit of pain the first week. I'm 17 days out now and still have pain under my left ribs where they did most of the work. Had my post op visit yesterday and they said that could last another few weeks. I'm just starting to feel like myself again except for that pull/burn feeling in that area. I do hope you feel better soon and the pain meds are helping you. I had to give up my pain meds 4th day out because they started to make me feel queazy. I switched to liquid tylenol.

walking does help but when you're in pain...sometimes it's not so easy :confused: Good luck and best wishes with your new band :)

That is the biggest problem...I know I need to walk...but with this severe pain its hard to keep up. Laying on my left side relieves me of most all the pain. I switched to tylenol liquid during the day, but will continue to take the vicodin at night to help me sleep more comfortably. Pretty much I feel that I could do just about anything right now if it were not for the pain in my shoulder, so at least I know I am recovering well. I am hanging in there...I know this is all worth it!!

Dena,

I went through the same type of recovery. It was little hard cause I had heard about people have such great recovery's that they were out shopping the next day.

The pain in my shoulder now only comes when I eat too much. It's like my own personal warning system. "stop" you've eaten or drank enough....Is what it says to me cause if I keep going the pain goes down my shoulder to my hand and back.

<<I switched to tylenol liquid during the day, but will continue to take the vicodin at night to help me sleep more comfortably.>>

Hey Roxanneroll I just wanted to mention that I found liquid Tylenol PM at my local drug store and it rocks! I took some for muscle pain and sleeplessness and that stuff knocked me OUT! And I didn't have any nausea like with narcotics!

The vicodin doesnt make me nauseated....just druggy....which is why I stopped taking it during the day...I didnt want to feel drugged out all day long...two days of that was enough. It hurts so bad that after I have been up and moving for awhile...I actually start to sweat because the pain gets so bad. I just can't believe how bad it hurts. I have three more days before I have to be back at work.....so it needs to go....there is no way I could work and remain in an upright position all day with this kind of pain.