Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there have a 4cc Band? If so, how are you doing with it?

I was Banded back in 2006. Back then there was only 1 type of Band. I see now, everyone that is Banded, has a different size Band.

I want to know if there are still any of you out there with the 4cc Band? If so,, How do you like it and how was your weight loss with this band?

Only those Banded in the states please, because I have been told that they use that little band in Mexico still, and it's full of problems.

So no Disrespect to the Mexican Bandsters. Just looking for those from the States.

Just out of curiosity what difference does it make if it iis an identical band? If it's an allergan 4cc what difference does it make if it's in the states or Mexico?

Supposedly ! When they started making the newer bands, all the rejects were sent to Mexico, where they are still being used.

Now ! If thats true or not ! ! ! I have no idea. Because I was Banded here, and the band works great.

If they were banded in Mexico,,, I might here that it was junk, and removed.

So just trying to avoid a negative problem.

But someone did comment on one of my posts when someone said "I NEVER HEARD OF A 4CC BAND" thats where they said "THEY ARE OBSOLETE , THEY HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THEM, SO THEY SENT ALL THE REJECTS TO MEXICO, AND THEY ARE STILL USING THOSE BANDS ON THE PATIENTS!"

So just looking to find people in the states, and get a comment.

Again no offense intended at all. So if you are from Mexico, and are doing great,,, Then speak up, and we will see if this theory is true or not.

Hi. I have a 4cc band. Still losing weight when I try! Sometimes I am not doing well, but it is my behavior, not the 4cc band I have from Mexico. I have lost 30ish pounds and happy with it. I love my band because even if my behavior is not causing me to lose weight, my band keeps me from gaining it back. I am trying to refocus because I still need to take off that last 20 pounds!

So, 54Shirley...how has your journey been with the 4cc band since 2006? I would love to hear more because the 4cc band is not used much anymore! Are you happy with it or are you disappointed? What is your progress since 2006?

DRP

Hi:

I'm a former 4 cc band person. I got my 4 cc band on 7/26/07. It slipped on 2010 and had it replaced with the larger band. I had a great weight loss with my 4 cc band (125 pounds in one year including pre-op). I have had my larger band unfilled since November and am struggling at 190'ish. Most of the struggle because of making bad choices and night time munchies.

My surgeon stopped using the 4 cc band quite a while ago.

Best wishes to those who still have their 4 cc band.

Sue

Hi. I have a 4cc band. Still losing weight when I try! Sometimes I am not doing well, but it is my behavior, not the 4cc band I have from Mexico. I have lost 30ish pounds and happy with it. I love my band because even if my behavior is not causing me to lose weight, my band keeps me from gaining it back. I am trying to refocus because I still need to take off that last 20 pounds!

So, 54Shirley...how has your journey been with the 4cc band since 2006? I would love to hear more because the 4cc band is not used much anymore! Are you happy with it or are you disappointed? What is your progress since 2006?

DRP

Well, I lost 145 Lbs or a little more. When my surgeon over filled me, and thought he blew the band....

He wouldn't see me anymore, and swore it was not his problem. He did deflate me though.

So by now were talking laid off, no Ins, and no one to dare touch someone else's mistake.

So we moved , and I got my Medicare, and I thought now,,, I can go in for Revision Surgery.

NO! ONE! would touch me... So I called them up, and they still said it's not our fault.

I posted a add on here saying I want this piece of garbage taken out!

About 15 minutes later, I get a call.... The Bariatric center that I was trying to deal with says we have a appointment

for you, for Fluoroscopy, and maybe a fill, but we have to see what's going on before we do revision surgery.

I went, and saw my band which is in excellent shape. They filled me to the fill line, and I have been on a roll again.

He never blew the band, he put me in the RED ZONE. So he could have, and should have done something about it.

So this poor little thing has been through a lot for almost 5yrs. old, and it works beautifully

Problem was only human, BAD AFTER CARE.

By the way,,, the surgeon that I now see, was once his student...... He is nothing like him at all.

I think he gave him a call to see me, or Coincidence????? What do you think?

54S: congratulations on continuing your Bandster journey despite the obstacles.

I have the 4cc Band, which remains in service since 2004. I've had a few episodes of being 'too tight', and some periods where I thought I was "too loose".

I had been in the 1.5-1.7cc fill volume, but the last few adjustments my provider has refused to tell me the amounts.

2 years ago I had a serious extended episode that concerned me greatly. Finally imaging demonstrated some issues with mucosal thickening and motility issues. I had recently scheduled a new adjustment-probably tiny fill-but consult with my Internist this very week has advised me to not do such.

I remain down a total of over 100#, but of which 'only' 60 can be attributed to the Band. Intended goal was down to 225, which we all now consider an unrealistic idealized goal. I believe I can loose another 20, even though at plateau these past few years. I remain at less weight than graduating high school during the JFK administration, so I am not entirely unhappy.

Relatively few issues worth complaining about.

After 15 years on insulin injections twice daily and CPAP 10 years, I remain on oral meds and no nose hose. My recent blood work is as good as it's been in 40 years.

I haven't managed to slip into size 40 pants yet, but the 42/44s are a satisfactory improvement from the 56/58 day of surgery.

Cheers on our journey!!!

Thank You Jack! I knew when I first came back to this site, and I saw youre Icon,,, It popped instantley on who that was. So it's still nice talking to you now, like it was then.

I lost 20 Lbs. with the band back then. The rest of it was do to 1 year of dieting at 1200 calories.

This time, I still do 1200 calories, but it's all band doing the work too.

Like you, I am in this for the long haul. If it doesn't give up on me, then I won't give up on it.

Thanks for your support, and writing.

Shirley.

That's GREAT! to hear... I go in Monday for a Tweaking, but we will see if necessary, They would like to see more weight loss ( SO WOULD I,,) After being what I have been through,,, I don't want to be to tight.

I am very Happy with this little band.

Thank You for responding Jachut.

Good Health to you, Shirley.

I've had a 4cc band since 2004. I had a slip nearly three years ago, but the band itself was fine so they just repositioned it. I've just had baby #2, and am down about 100 pounds since original banding (babies have slowed the loss). The main thing to keep in mind for fills is to go sloooowly (little amounts at a time), and I always remind my doctor that I still have the old style so he doesn't try to fill me too much!

I'm very happy with my band. The therapeutic range is narrow, so I'm careful with fills, but I don't have any major complaints.

Well, I lost 145 Lbs or a little more. When my surgeon over filled me, and thought he blew the band....

He wouldn't see me anymore, and swore it was not his problem. He did deflate me though.

So by now were talking laid off, no Ins, and no one to dare touch someone else's mistake.

So we moved , and I got my Medicare, and I thought know I can go in for Revision Surgery.

NO! ONE! would touch me... So I called them up, and they still said it's not our fault.

I posted a add on here saying I want this piece of garbage taken out!

About 15 minutes later, I get a call.... The Bariatric center that I was trying to deal with says we have a appointment

for you, for Fluoroscopy, and maybe a fill, but we have to see what's going on before we do revision surgery.

I went, and saw my band which is in excellent shape. They filled me to the fill line, and I have been on a roll again.

He never blew the band, he put me in the RED ZONE. So he could have, and should have done something about it.

So this poor little thing has been through a lot for almost 5yrs. old, and it works beautifully

Problem was only human, BAD AFTER CARE.

By the way,,, the surgeon that I now see, was once his student...... He is nothing like him at all.

I think he gave him a call to see me, or Coincidence????? What do you think?

I think this is a wonderful story, and I am so happy for you! And how totally cool that you posted your problem on this website and you got immediate help!

I've had a 4cc band since 2004. I had a slip nearly three years ago, but the band itself was fine so they just repositioned it. I've just had baby #2, and am down about 100 pounds since original banding (babies have slowed the loss). The main thing to keep in mind for fills is to go sloooowly (little amounts at a time), and I always remind my doctor that I still have the old style so he doesn't try to fill me too much!

I'm very happy with my band. The therapeutic range is narrow, so I'm careful with fills, but I don't have any major complaints.

I'm going in Monday for a fill. I will remember to remind who ever is doing the fill, that it is a 4cc band.

So just a slight fill will do.

Thanks, Shirley.

re: "I will remember to remind who ever is doing the fill, that it is a 4cc band. So just a slight fill will do." yes, usually mere .1 or .2cc worked incredibly effectively on my 4cc band. Once they put .25 in during the early phases & it proved to be too much all at once.

My comment on that old Post, after I got the call was:

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window.

That is so true !