Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on the pre-op diet (getting banded July 28th) and I was curious if anyone took appetite supressants while on theirs to curb the hunger pains? I am starving! This is day 3 for me and the first 2 days were fine but today I am sooo hungry! So I was curious if anyone had tried this and if it worked. :unsure:

Thats a good question. I get banded on Aug 25th and my pre op liquid diet starts on the 11th. Looking for some good tips to!!

I'm on the pre-op diet (getting banded July 28th) and I was curious if anyone took appetite supressants while on theirs to curb the hunger pains? I am starving! This is day 3 for me and the first 2 days were fine but today I am sooo hungry! So I was curious if anyone had tried this and if it worked. :unsure:

I am doing the pre-op diet too. I've been doing good. NOT STARVING!! What is your diet plan. Mine is: Protein shake for Breakfast and lunch & dinner is 1 portion meat and 2 veggies or 1 veggie 1 fruit. What I was told it is like doing Atkins. You can eat 1 lean meat and 2 veggies ( all you can eat on veggies) But NO : starches, potato, peas, corn.....all the NO FOODS. No sugar, caffein. I don't over eat I eat about 1-1 1/2 cups veggies. Drink tons of Water through out the day to help feel the void of you eating. Need a little something more than plain Water add lemon or crystal light packets.

As far as an appetitie suppressant? I would think no because most appetite suppressants contain caffein.

What my doctor has told his patients is that he is looking at the liver when he goes in. If he sees that you haven't stuck to the diet he will stop surgery. So I think it is a matter or changing the way we eat before the surgery.

I am doing the pre-op diet too. I've been doing good. NOT STARVING!! What is your diet plan. Mine is: Protein shake for Breakfast and lunch & dinner is 1 portion meat and 2 veggies or 1 veggie 1 fruit. What I was told it is like doing Atkins. You can eat 1 lean meat and 2 veggies ( all you can eat on veggies) But NO : starches, potato, peas, corn.....all the NO FOODS. No sugar, caffein. I don't over eat I eat about 1-1 1/2 cups veggies. Drink tons of Water through out the day to help feel the void of you eating. Need a little something more than plain Water add lemon or crystal light packets.

As far as an appetitie suppressant? I would think no because most appetite suppressants contain caffein.

What my doctor has told his patients is that he is looking at the liver when he goes in. If he sees that you haven't stuck to the diet he will stop surgery. So I think it is a matter or changing the way we eat before the surgery.

My Pre-op diet is about the same as yours. I was told to do the slim fast diet. I didn't know what is in appetite suppressants and that was my biggest concern. It's not on my list of meds that I'm not allowed so I was curious. It probably does contain things that we shouldn't have before surgery. :( I have no idea why I am so hungry today. Maybe it's because of lack of sleep and my body may be trying to compensate for that with food?

Thanks for your response.

My Pre-op diet is about the same as yours. I was told to do the slim fast diet. I didn't know what is in appetite suppressants and that was my biggest concern. It's not on my list of meds that I'm not allowed so I was curious. It probably does contain things that we shouldn't have before surgery. :( I have no idea why I am so hungry today. Maybe it's because of lack of sleep and my body may be trying to compensate for that with food?

Thanks for your response.

I just saw your profile and that you live in Prattville...so do I. I too am being seen by Dr. Mora. I have been to some of the support group meetings. I haven't gotten a surgery date yet but was told to start diet because as soon as I get approved from my insurance company (Tricare) it could take a matter of a day they can get me in so to be ready. They didn't tell me slim fast or Atkins diet. Other patienents at support group meetings told me. My new thought process is BABY STEPS not leaps and bounds!Good Luck and I will watch for you.

I didn't take any suppressants during mine, but what I did do was pad my portions with veggies which have a small amount of calories, but a good amount of volume; and I made Protein rich choices (similar to what I do now post-op), and that helped me feel full longer. Foods high in Fiber will help you too.

Well I found out that what I thought was my stomach burning from hunger was actually burning from stomach acid. I took some mylanta and have felt great since. I'm sticking to my diet and not starving. Guess I better keep antacids on hand though. Probably has to do with my hiatal hernia.

Feeling great today and looking forward to surgery! :lol: