Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Banded in Sudbury ON?

They just opened a clinic called the Thin Life in Sudbury, ON and wondering if anyone had been banded there and how was their experience. Thinking of getting it done there as oppose to Toronto since it would be so much closer for me since I am in Timmins to get fills. If someone can give me feedback it would be great. Thanks

I haven't heard of anyone having it done there yet. I was banded in Mississauga at SWLC and live near Timmins as well. I get my fills done here by a nurse that SWLC trained. It works out great and no travelling back and forth after the surgery.

You get you fills in Timmins? I didnt realise there was someone here to do that. How long were you banded?

You get you fills in Timmins? I didnt realise there was someone here to do that. How long were you banded?

Yeah she only does fills for SWLC though so if you go anywhere else, she can't do them. Banded 5 years now.

How as your experience been so far with the band? Some days I want to get it really bad some days I am not sure. I guess I am just scared. And since i am so far away worried if something happends Doctors in Timmins wont know what to do.

How as your experience been so far with the band? Some days I want to get it really bad some days I am not sure. I guess I am just scared. And since i am so far away worried if something happends Doctors in Timmins wont know what to do.

Things have been good, never had a need to rush back to the clinic for anything. Have not encountered any issues with local doctors. I made sure my family doctor understood how it worked so at least he could be in the know. It's completely normal to be scared, it's a huge investment and a big step to take.

Went to SWLC as I heard that the most important thing is that the doc have experience. Dr, Cobour has done hundreds and hundreds.

Went to SWLC as I heard that the most important thing is that the doc have experience. Dr, Cobour has done hundreds and hundreds.

went for a consultation at thinlife last week..still trying to do some research on banding but i was very impressed with the clinic here in Sudbury. I have a phone call appointment with the clinic this Friday because i still have alot of questions. ill keep u posted!

oops sorry one more thing at thinlife there are 2 doctors that preform the surgeries. One of the docs is Chief of staff at the North Bay Hospital and the other doc travels from Toronto once a month. www.thinlife.ca

Hi Newbie, Thanks you for giving me the feedback ? Are you from the sudbury area? Its a big decision! I have moments I want to get it done so badly and other time I say I can do it on my own and after many attempts at weight lost I always find myself back to where I started. Keep me posted on your decision. Do you know if the Toronto doctor who does the procedure has lots of experience under his belt? Thanks

Yeah I'm from Sudbury..I have been going back and forth with the decision. But I finally made up my mind. My surgery date is January 20 2012..I'm looking forward to the hard work that it's going to take but it will be well worth it in the end. I have tried everything under the sun. And yes I did lose the weight but gained it all back. I think this is the help I need to finally be happy.

January 20th was that the earliest they had? I am really thinking of doing this I ve been debating it for way too long.

No they had some openings in December but January works out better for me.

ok cool, I tried calling today but kept getting their voice mail. Will call on monday and set up an appointment finally. I have about given up on everything else. I keep losing and gaining the same 10 lbs over and over and just so tired of this yo yo.