Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok...I have noticed the past few months that I have a runny nose a lot. I read a post this evening from someone saying the way they knew they were full was a runny nose. I did a little searching on here and see some information about this but I am wondering .... are there more of us out there who suddenly feel like they have allergies that they never had before. Call me crazy but I've been thinking I needed to start taking allergy medicine and now I'm beginning to wonder if I am constantly over full?? Is this a common symptom? Would love to hear others input on this! It would sure answer a lot of questions! Thanks!

Happens to me too after I eat. I asked the lap band nurse about it. She said it was a common side effect. I just keep a kleenex stuffed in my bra!

This is one of the common soft signs. It happens to me when I eat one bite too many. Watch for another soft sign that may happen just before the runny nose ........ it may be a hiccup or a sigh ......

Sometimes in the morning there is no avoiding it with me. If I drink my coffee too fast I even have a sneezing fit just like allergies.

Good to know I am not alone! Cindy...good place to keep one :) (tissue that is) I will now pay attention for a sign just before. It seems like the runny nose just happens...now I will be paying attention to exactly when it starts. I don't get the sick feeling when I over eat like many people talk about. Maybe that is because I'm only at 3.5 cc's?? I just feel really full...like I did before...bad part is I don't realize I am that full until a bit later and then it's too late. Hopefully being aware of the nose running will help. What I know happens is a big hiccup when I've eaten too much too fast. But that can happen just as easily at the beginning of the meal as the end of it.

I'm really trying to figure all this out...what I have found is that I'm not very good at paying attention to the way my body feels. It's a good thing to be working on! Thanks for your replies...would love to hear from others too!!

I figured the bra is a good place to keep it since there's so much more room in there these days! LOL!