Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lower stomach noises-loud

I am sitting here with the family watching TV and my lower stomach is rolling and talking out loud and I mean Loud! What is going on?? I am not hungry and I have not BM problems? Anyone else out there having their stomachs talking to them?

Tonight, mine only spoke from the left side. :unsure: I don't know why this happens, but in the wrong place it is far from funny.

Tonight, mine only spoke from the left side. :unsure: I don't know why this happens, but in the wrong place it is far from funny.

Well, I have to agree. My kids think its funny, but I certainly don't. But this noise has been going on for at least an hour. From right to left and back again????

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone this evening.

I am sitting here with the family watching TV and my lower stomach is rolling and talking out loud and I mean Loud! What is going on?? I am not hungry and I have not BM problems? Anyone else out there having their stomachs talking to them?

Yeah mine does it also. It can be very embarrassing. I usually just laugh and say I am sorry my stomach is gurgling. I just say that so they don't think the weird sound is anything else body related. Also mine makes weird suction sounds as my food slides down into my pouch and the air moves. I know this is what it is because I can feel it. Oh well take me as I am funny sounds and all:)

mine has been doing that the last 4 days lol

maybe its gas moving around???

Yeah mine does it also. It can be very embarrassing. I usually just laugh and say I am sorry my stomach is gurgling. I just say that so they don't think the weird sound is anything else body related. Also mine makes weird suction sounds as my food slides down into my pouch and the air moves. I know this is what it is because I can feel it. Oh well take me as I am funny sounds and all:)

mine has been doing that the last 4 days lol

maybe its gas moving around???

I have had that problem,lol. This is different though it is in the top of my stomach and is definitely the food. I don't know why it doesn't do it all the time. I think it happens if I take too big of bites or gulp a drink. It is almost like a burp but not. I is just air from my stoma moving up to make way for whatever I'm eating or drinking. I am a weird one:)

Mine has done this for the entire six years I've been banded - and now I have a stoma too (only for two more weeks, yay) so I also cant stop gas escaping from that - sometimes very loudly, exactly the same as it comes out the rear end only I have no muscles to control it. I hate it, with a passion! The stomach noises due the band I could live with but the farting and squirting stoma, man, every time I have an eyebrow wax, a massage, anything where I am in a quiet room with one other person, or whenever there's a quiet spot in a movie - I fart. It is excruciatingly embarrassing and I absolutely cannnot wait to be done with this thing. But lapband tummy rumbles - fact of life I'm afraid.

I noticed that right away after surgery - mine seems to have quieted quite a bit since... the first five days or so it was EPIC - and it was strange having a gurgly tummy while also feeling full. I chalked it up to a combination of gas, and my stomach being "hungry" because it's used to twice as much food (at least). I was imitating the stomach noises to my bff/coworker yesterday and both of us were in fits of giggles. laugh.gif

Mine has done this for the entire six years I've been banded - and now I have a stoma too (only for two more weeks, yay) so I also cant stop gas escaping from that - sometimes very loudly, exactly the same as it comes out the rear end only I have no muscles to control it. I hate it, with a passion! The stomach noises due the band I could live with but the farting and squirting stoma, man, every time I have an eyebrow wax, a massage, anything where I am in a quiet room with one other person, or whenever there's a quiet spot in a movie - I fart. It is excruciatingly embarrassing and I absolutely cannnot wait to be done with this thing. But lapband tummy rumbles - fact of life I'm afraid.

Oh, My! Well I wish the best for you, but I will try and just stick with the little bit of Loud noise that I have been having. If you do not mind me asking, what is the stoma for? I am a real newbie and there is so much to still learn. Is this something I will be looking forward too? Thanks for your reply.

I noticed my stomach gurgled more when I was looser. It doesn't do that anymore. Now, I gurgle from the esophagus when I lay down, so when you are in bed, within 3 minutes there is this constant passage of air up to your throat. That I find embarrassing. Also, it's become much more important that I not eat or drink anything for more than 2 hours before laying down to avoid acid reflux. I think it's all part of the "journey".

I used to not really get a growly stomach, and now it's screamingly loud. I swear you can hear it across a room!!! It's like, "I'M HERE!!! HI STOMACH HERE!!! FEED ME!!"

My stomach made a ton of noises in the beginning. It's gotten a lot less but still makes noises on occasion. Other then actual stomach rumbling hunger.

Oh, My! Well I wish the best for you, but I will try and just stick with the little bit of Loud noise that I have been having. If you do not mind me asking, what is the stoma for? I am a real newbie and there is so much to still learn. Is this something I will be looking forward too? Thanks for your reply.

Oh gosh no, you wont have to look forward that joy! I was diagnosed with rectal cancer a year ago, they took out half my colon and my rectum and created the ileostomy whilst it all heals up. So I've worn a bag for 8 months now, and they're going in to close it up in 2 weeks time, so once again, I will be back to using my rear end to do the business. Well, hopefully it all works anyway!

Oh gosh no, you wont have to look forward that joy! I was diagnosed with rectal cancer a year ago, they took out half my colon and my rectum and created the ileostomy whilst it all heals up. So I've worn a bag for 8 months now, and they're going in to close it up in 2 weeks time, so once again, I will be back to using my rear end to do the business. Well, hopefully it all works anyway!

I am very sorry to here this, but I am very happy to find that you are recovering. This just shows my ignorance but am very thankful to people like you who do not mind explaining. My prayers are with you and I am very excited for you to get to back to the way you wish it to be. Thank you again for the sharing with me.