Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

had pretesting today and the nurse told me I would have a non narcotic pain pump that would send a small steady flow of pain meds Inserted in me, and then after 5 days I could just "pull it out" say whaaaatt? Lol.

Anyone else had a "pain pump" inserted?

Only after my first C-Section!

Ooooh. I had one in the hospital, but not once I got home... lucky!

I had one after my DaVinci hyst, but it was in my spine. I think I would've loved having a pain pump for my band. My post-op pain medication was not sufficient for my needs.

Non-narcotic? What's the point? lol

I've never heard of that for a lapband. All they gave me was the liquid lortab, but the pain wasn't that bad so I stopped taking it after the 1st three days.

you were lucky to get liquid lortab. I got given darvocet which was totally inadequate.

I had a morphine pump in the hospital, but honestly I used it maybe 4 times right before I had to get up and walk or go to the bathroom. I was given liquid hydrocodone and honestly that stuff made me so loopy if I was in pain while I was on it I don't really remember. I preferred the Water filled heating pad they gave me...wanted to take it home with me.

I had liquid Lortab as well

I got the pump!!! Loved it, I was able to go out the night I got discharged and the next two nights. I didn't need anyother pain meds except for the GAS X :D The pull out is easy.

I got the pump!!! Loved it, I was able to go out the night I got discharged and the next two nights. I didn't need anyother pain meds except for the GAS X :D The pull out is easy.

YES! someone else that has had it!! When she told me I could pull it out myself, I was thinking whoaaaaaa I don't think so!!! Lol. Hopefully I won't need it much

I had one for my rotator cuff surgery. Pulling it out was very easy. It was just a tiny tube. Less than half the diameter of a phone charger cord.

I had one too. Loved it. I didn't need extra pain meds till after I removed it. It was easy to remove-didn't feel a thing but it totally grossed my husband and daughter out :)

Ditto

Non-narcotic? What's the point? lol

I've never heard of that for a lapband. All they gave me was the liquid lortab, but the pain wasn't that bad so I stopped taking it after the 1st three days.

you were lucky to get liquid lortab. I got given darvocet which was totally inadequate.

When were u banded? Darvocet has been pulled off the market for a while...