Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters Update

Hi all you May Bandsters

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. We are all either 1 to 2 months into the process depending on your date, and I just wanted to compare notes. I was banded on May 24th and lost 13 in the first week, mostly Water I think and due to the liquid diet. I had my first fill on June 23 and lost another 3 pounds again I think due to the liquid and mushy diet, and the fact that I had just started my period and I always lose a few pounds right after it starts, but since then NOTHING!

I can't decide if my band is too tight, or not tight enough. One one hand I can't eat very much at all at one time, on the other, I VERY hungry only two hours after I eat. So what do you guys think?

Also, my doctor recommends getting fills every 2 weeks for the first 3 fills, and I'm seeing here that most people are getting fills once a month in the beginning.

Please give me your thoughts and feedback!

Thanks!

I was banded May 25th, I am down 21lb since the surgery.I lost 7lbs one week post op but the rest was on me. I had my first fill June 23 and felt restriction. I still fill restriction but some days more than others. I am pleased with my weight loss. I eat right, limits carbs, and exercise 5-6 times a week. The weight is coming off and I am happy!

Personally I think your on the right track. You only weighed 215 when you had surgery. I weighed 272. So your weight loss will be smaller because your closer to your goal weight. I think if your concerned about your restriction then you should talk to your Dr. and maybe he can help you get where you need to be.

I was banded on May 20th and am down 25 lbs. I've have one fill of 2 cc's in a 9 cc Realize band. I'm feeling a little discouraged since my fill, because I feel hungrier than ever! I'm not feeling any type of restriction, and I've let my head hunger take too much control this week. I have a 4th of July cookout to attend this evening then I'm back on track! I just need to remember to be patient with myself.

I was banded May 4 and have lost 20 lbs since my surgery. I have had one fill of 2 ccs. I can say I have been stuck at this 20 lbs for about 2-3 weeks! I, too, get full eating half of a meal (or 3/4) but I am hungry 1-2 hours later. I go for another fill on July 11 and am hoping that helps! I also started working out a gym last week, so hopefully that will do me some good too!

Banded May 25th and I think I was down 20 pounds (including my 1 week pre-surgery diet)...but not sure abou tthis past weekend! I wasn't the best bandester this weekend although I did get a lot more walking in. My first fill was June 22 and that worked for about 5 days...recently I have found that I can eat anything and I do mean anything! Took my mom to Red Lobster and had the Utimate Feast (with bisquits) WTH!!! That was a big slip up. I remember those first few days after my fill and how little I needed to eat. I remember not being hungry-I wantthat feeling back again and I am hoping that I will get it with my 2nd fill on July 22nd! I wish my doctor did fills every 2 weeks!

I was banded on May 26th and as of June 23rd had lost 12.6 lbs. I am only counting the weight from my doctors scales because I don't trust my home scale.. I didn't have a fill on June 23rd because I had such a good weight loss and was staying satisfied up to 4-5 hours after eating. I am going to Water aerobics for an hour 3 nights a week

I was banded May 27th and have lost 20 lbs since surgery (10 in the week before). I have my first fill appt today. Still deciding whether to do it or not since I feel fine now.

Thanks for all the feedback - it's really nice to compare to how people are doing when we are all at about the same stage! I feel encouraged and energized!

I was banded on May 13th and so far have lost near 25 lbs. I started working out a lot, 4 days a week at least. Counting my calories and also given up bread, rice, fried and processed food. Feeling great so far and looking forward to keeping this weight loss journey going.

Oh yeah, my diabetes has never been better, I went from having glucose numbers in the 230-330 range to now in the 90-130 range. Feeling great about that :)

May 5th for me :D I'm down approx. 27lbs. I've had a few fills so far which makes me so thankful that all fills are included for the first year. :lol: I have another scheduled today. Not quite sure if I need it, I feel like I'm on the cusp of the yellow - green zone.

Glad everyone is doing well!

I was banded on May 31st, and I am down a total of 30 lbs. 12 of that was lost on the pre-op diet. I am feeling great and starting to work out more now so I'm hoping that will help as well! I had my first fill on June 28th and I am feeling restriction somewhat but I dont think I have hit my 'sweet spot' yet.

Hello all, I was banded on May 28th and I am pretty much at a stand still, I haven't lost anymore and I haven't gain any either. I don't feel any restriction at this point and I can eat anything. I go for my first fill tomorrow so I can't wait to start loosing some more weight.