Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lose TOO MUCH weight... is this possible?!

My surgery was 4/14/11. I've had one fill of 3.5 cc's about a month ago. Today when I went to my doctor, he said he was proud of me but told me I was "wasting away" because I lost 21 lbs in the 5 weeks since I last saw him. I was really looking forward to a fill b/c I personally feel like I've been hungrier between meals, but he wouldn't do the fill because he didn't want to "overdo" it. I cheated and ate some carbs while on vacation last week but also did a TON of walking around (we were in Disney). Could this be my sweet spot that everyone talks about? I still have 76lbs until I reach my goal, having lost 51 as of today. I hope this month doesn't prove to be little weight loss and then he does a fill anyways next month. Any advice, or am I over reacting LOL?

Losing 1 - 2lbs per week is generally regarded as a safe rate of weight-loss. It looks like you averaged closer to 4lbs a week. I vaguely remember the pre-op materials saying losing weight too quickly can weaken your heart and cause dangerously low levels of potassium and other vitamins/minerals. Your Doc is just trying to make sure you stay healthy. You'll get rid of that last 76lbs soon enough! Don't worry!biggrin.gif

I wish I had this to worry about

My surgery was 4/14/11. I've had one fill of 3.5 cc's about a month ago. Today when I went to my doctor, he said he was proud of me but told me I was "wasting away" because I lost 21 lbs in the 5 weeks since I last saw him. I was really looking forward to a fill b/c I personally feel like I've been hungrier between meals, but he wouldn't do the fill because he didn't want to "overdo" it. I cheated and ate some carbs while on vacation last week but also did a TON of walking around (we were in Disney). Could this be my sweet spot that everyone talks about? I still have 76lbs until I reach my goal, having lost 51 as of today. I hope this month doesn't prove to be little weight loss and then he does a fill anyways next month. Any advice, or am I over reacting LOL?

Overreacting I think. Quick weightloss in the beginning is common. There were weeks I was losing 10lbs a week, of course, some of that being fat, muscle, and probably a lot of Water weight. It will slow down.

Overreacting I think. Quick weightloss in the beginning is common. There were weeks I was losing 10lbs a week, of course, some of that being fat, muscle, and probably a lot of Water weight. It will slow down.

First of all, super congrats on your weight loss! But how did you do it without one fill? Did they fill it a little during the initial surgery?

What is P90X?

First of all, super congrats on your weight loss! But how did you do it without one fill? Did they fill it a little during the initial surgery?

Thanks!!! According to my doctor, they never did a fill during the surgery, so I've only had one fill. I just try really hard to stay disciplined and visit the gym A LOT... Two days a week I take a Zumba class that incorporates toning, and the other 2 or 3 days I'm there I try to do at least a mile on the treadmill, elliptical for 30 minutes, and some ab/arm work with weights. I'm pretty strict with the diet they gave me too, limiting my carbs big time. Sometimes I will eat some carbs if I'm heading to the gym to use as fuel, but sticking to really high Protein has been working for me. Like I said, I still have a ways to go and hopefully this can be motivating for some of the people out there who are struggling. I guess I shouldn't complain about not getting the fill but I just always have that anxiety of "slipping up" like I have done dozens of times on other diets and such.

What is P90X?

A workout program.

Not sure lol. It was just mind over matter for me. No I have a completely empty band. I read a lot about complications that occur later on when you keep getting fills and unfills. I just wasn't interested in having to deal with that. The band does give me the little hint of restriction I needed, otherwise I think I did most of the work.

Not sure lol. It was just mind over matter for me. No I have a completely empty band. I read a lot about complications that occur later on when you keep getting fills and unfills. I just wasn't interested in having to deal with that. The band does give me the little hint of restriction I needed, otherwise I think I did most of the work.

Same here comgrats Reverie..i only had my surgery for 5 months and i also have NO fills some days are harder than others.. but i also don't want any fills.. had surgery 1/27/11 lost around 107 lbs to date..the heaviest i got was 314lbs.. i lose some gain some!!!!

Same here comgrats Reverie..i only had my surgery for 5 months and i also have NO fills some days are harder than others.. but i also don't want any fills.. had surgery 1/27/11 lost around 107 lbs to date..the heaviest i got was 314lbs.. i lose some gain some!!!!

OMG!!! You lost over 100 lbs in 6 months??! Amazing!! And you are almost at goal without even one fill!

You guys are such an inspiration!!

Super congrats!!

Cliff,

That is awesome!! Congrats a hundred times over. I love seeing people being successful without having/needing a fill. When people talk about restriction its sort of mind-boggling, because I never sought it. I took the band rules, applied them, and have lost flawlessly. Nowadays I really tend to forget about my band, which may or may not be a good thing lol. Opposed to focusing on food so much I just count my calories and move more.

Again, congrats. Your success is definitely amazing!

I think you are fine. I lost 22 lbs. during the two week pre-op diet! I've lost 114 lbs. in less than eight months. There were weeks when I would drop 7-10 lbs. Now, it is a steady 1-2 lbs. a week.

Wow! Amazing!!!! I'm down 80 pounds with no fill. Only 42 left to go!

Wow! Amazing!!!! I'm down 80 pounds with no fill. Only 42 left to go!

that is AWESOME "CheckYes" great job,just stay strong and positive attitude will knock that 42lbs and more right off!!!