Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 7 months post op... down a little over 40 pounds. Was doing really well in the beginning and kinda fell off track starting in April. I am having a hard time getting myself back into eating well. I guess I got so tired of chicken and the same foods over and over and over that I started gravitating to more "bad foods". I know that I'm eating more carbs then I was before.. rice, crackers,etc.. I still have 40 pounds to lose and I need to get back on track. I don't want/need my band any tighter, its more about food choices and portion size..How can I motivate myself to get back on the right track? I haven't lost anything in 2 months... help! :o

I am 7 months post op... down a little over 40 pounds. Was doing really well in the beginning and kinda fell off track starting in April. I am having a hard time getting myself back into eating well. I guess I got so tired of chicken and the same foods over and over and over that I started gravitating to more "bad foods". I know that I'm eating more carbs then I was before.. rice, crackers,etc.. I still have 40 pounds to lose and I need to get back on track. I don't want/need my band any tighter, its more about food choices and portion size..How can I motivate myself to get back on the right track? I haven't lost anything in 2 months... help! :o

Hi, I can't say I can really give you any advice. I am in the same sort of position. I was banded in feb. and have lost very few pounds. I do well for a wk or two then I also start in with the bad foods. I really think I'm a carb addict and have to totally stay away from them. I'm thinking of going back to the Protein shakes and 1 meal a day like the pre band diet. I lost a lot of weight with that and it will help getting off carbs. Good luck in your endevour. Please keep in touch. I think it really helps to have someone just to talk to.:)

Shelley

Count every calorie that enters your mouth. I use myfitnesspal.com. I know there are several other sites. That is the only way I can keep myself accountable. That way if I want the cookie, I know how many calories I have left for that day.

Agreed with brbm6. I use livestrong.com and the iPhone app. I am with the mindset, I can have a cookie, I just track it and cut back on something else during the day.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I was using myfitnesspal on my phone but unfortunately that too, I have slacked in doing. Maybe if I start tracking again, it will help to see how much more I'm consuming then I should. Shelley, I actually thought of doing the whole Protein Shake thing again. 3 Protein Shakes and one meal a day to get myself back on track and start over fresh, its just hard to get back on that wagon. I say I'll start tomorrow and it just keeps leading to another day and another day and so on. But I will get back on track!! I neeedddd to! Thanks Ladies!

I'm right there with you...but I'm a couple years down the line. I've lost almost 100 pounds, I'm stuck at 86 and frustrated. I've even gained a bit so I am seriously going to go the route someone here suggested...protein shakes and one meal. I honestly think I can do that to re-motivate myself. Since the banding, I don't get hungry as I used to and this would be manageable, I think, no, I know I can do it. I've been hovering at this same weight for a while...wavering up and down about 10 pounds. I want to jump start me weight loss again. I haven't completed my profile yet but my start weight was 425. Ponder that for a moment...I've gotten down to around 340 or so, wavering. I'm happy about the loss but still far from my goal. I'm going to turn this frustration into motivation...which is why I joined this group. I want to motivate and be motivated.

I'm right there with you...but I'm a couple years down the line. I've lost almost 100 pounds, I'm stuck at 86 and frustrated. I've even gained a bit so I am seriously going to go the route someone here suggested...protein shakes and one meal. I honestly think I can do that to re-motivate myself. Since the banding, I don't get hungry as I used to and this would be manageable, I think, no, I know I can do it. I've been hovering at this same weight for a while...wavering up and down about 10 pounds. I want to jump start me weight loss again. I haven't completed my profile yet but my start weight was 425. Ponder that for a moment...I've gotten down to around 340 or so, wavering. I'm happy about the loss but still far from my goal. I'm going to turn this frustration into motivation...which is why I joined this group. I want to motivate and be motivated.

Hi SheriRic...

Congrats on losing almost 100 pounds. That's fantastic! I know there are many people in the same boat as "us". We are only human and all make mistakes. We do good for awhile and its hard to stick to the good habits when going back to junk food is so easy. I think whats important is finding the motivation to get back on track! We know we can do it because we have already done it once. I'm sure you had to work hard to lose almost 100 pounds and therefore you can do it again. I am halfway to my goal so I just need to know that I've done it once, so I can continue to do it. Going back to the Protein shakes and 1 meal sounds like a good start to me. I think i'm going to have to stock up on my slim fast and start again from the beginning.

Good luck to you!

You just have to force yourself, there is no magic fix... yea maybe try getting an app, or signing up for something like FitDay.com. If you don't want to do low carb, don't do low carb.. I don't. I like carbs, if I don't eat them, I will just cheat and eat them anyways haha

Are you excersising? If not, I highly reccomend you start. It has so many benefits, just one being weight loss. Start out slow and gradually increase your intensity/duration. It is a huge piece of the puzzle.

I think doing shakes and one meal is a great way to get back on track, I do that sometimes. Be sure it is a low carb/lowfat shake. I swear by a diet low in carbs and fat and high in protien. I lost 107 pounds in about 10 months.

Good luck!

There are several bandsters on myfitnesspal - you could friend some of us (I'm vickyd205)...many of us have our food journals available for friends to view. Looking at what others are eating may give you some ideas to help with the boredom part.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I was using myfitnesspal on my phone but unfortunately that too, I have slacked in doing. Maybe if I start tracking again, it will help to see how much more I'm consuming then I should. Shelley, I actually thought of doing the whole Protein shake thing again. 3 Protein shakes and one meal a day to get myself back on track and start over fresh, its just hard to get back on that wagon. I say I'll start tomorrow and it just keeps leading to another day and another day and so on. But I will get back on track!! I neeedddd to! Thanks Ladies!

I was banded in August of 2010 lost about 25 pounds and had some financial and personal stuff come up so I got off track. Almost a year later my band is at a 7 and I have never felt that restriction that I was hoping for. I sometimes feel like I can still eat the same amount. I to am addicted to carbs and need to detox from them along with fast food. When I see my surgeon in August I want him to see that I have been trying. I have gained all 25 pounds back. So I think Im going to try that 5 day pouch test and maybe even go down on my fill or maybe not. Im really hoping I didnt stretch out my pouch but we will see. I loved my band right after surgery and couldnt get a whole Protein Shake down. Before Christmas I would like to be 40 pounds lighter. Im only 35 and Im at a high risk of getting diabetes and and I already have high blood pressure. God I hate withdrawning frim carbs. Wish me luck.

There are several bandsters on myfitnesspal - you could friend some of us (I'm vickyd205)...many of us have our food journals available for friends to view. Looking at what others are eating may give you some ideas to help with the boredom part.

Good luck!

quote]

Thanks Vivkyd! That is a great suggestion. I didn't know you could do that. Looking at what other people are eating could help in getting new ideas. I'm def bored of the same thing over and over. I will check it out. Thanks again!

You just have to force yourself, there is no magic fix... yea maybe try getting an app, or signing up for something like FitDay.com. If you don't want to do low carb, don't do low carb.. I don't. I like carbs, if I don't eat them, I will just cheat and eat them anyways haha

I do like carbs too... they actually make me feel good. So maybe I should just limit them instead of having almost none. Yes when i try to deny myself, i just end up over indulging!

Count every calorie that enters your mouth. I use myfitnesspal.com. I know there are several other sites. That is the only way I can keep myself accountable. That way if I want the cookie, I know how many calories I have left for that day.

I completely agree! I use fitday.com and write down every morsal that enters my mouth...sometimes your shocked to see how fast things add up when you thought it was just a "small bite"