Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the June post-op folks doing!?

So we're three weeks into June - how is everyone doing who had surgery at the beginning of the month?

My surgery is June 29 - so I don't have any post-op words of wisdom just yet. :)

Hey there - your day is gettign closer :rolleyes: I had surgery June 8th and let me tell you I feel awesome~ I was on my stationary bike Day 5- had only a few days of the uncomfortable gas (only lasted a couple of hours thru out each day) I am now on Mushies so far so good - As long as I have Protein as main source of meal I get full and remain full. Love my new band~ :P

So we're three weeks into June - how is everyone doing who had surgery at the beginning of the month?

My surgery is June 29 - so I don't have any post-op words of wisdom just yet. :)

Congrats, Debora! I'm so happy for you! smile.gif Glad to hear it's going well - and good to know about the Protein. I definitely plan on making it my top priority nutritionally.

I was banded June 9th. I was uncomfortable for a couple of days but now I'm doing great! I can eat most things If I chew, chew, chew! I've had on episode of STUCKness! Talk about pain. It was a good lesson. I don't have as much weight to lose as some people because I got on the bandwagon (LOL) early. I knew where I was headed as I was out of control! I am now walking an hour each day and feeling great. **** luck.

weight.png

I was banded June 9th. I was uncomfortable for a couple of days but now I'm doing great! I can eat most things If I chew, chew, chew! I've had on episode of STUCKness! Talk about pain. It was a good lesson. I don't have as much weight to lose as some people because I got on the bandwagon (LOL) early. I knew where I was headed as I was out of control! I am now walking an hour each day and feeling great. **** luck.

weight.png

I had my surgery on June 6 and am thrilled with everything. The first couple of weeks, I was bloated, but all is well now. I have started Water aerobics and other exercise. My husband and I went on vacation last week, and we walked a lot, climbed through rocky areas, etc. I thought the whole time about how much easier it was without an extra 14 pounds on me. I hope you are doing well now that you have had your surgery.

Keep me posted!

i had my surgery same day as you :)

hope all is well for you

I wanted to tell everyone that i had my surgery on June 29..

i had some weight gain. 4 lbs between week 2 and 3... it totally defies the laws of physics! am just a little discouraged about that but i know it cant last.

I think im doing what im suppose to and never go over 1200 calories a day. but so far i feel like a new person already and a ton more enerygy then i had in 20 years. i hope this keeps going like this. biggrin.gif

Hey Vicki!

I'm with you - by some freak act of nature, I was down 31 pounds (!!!) in my first week, and when I went for my 2nd week check up I was up a half a pound. So while I was feeling badly, I also realized that I still have a net loss of 30.5# and I'll take it!

I'm trying to stay within 800-1000 calories (the nutritionist at my office said to stay at 800 unless I'm working out a lot), but I have to say, it's tough! My biggest concern is that I'm not eating enough calories and my body is going to hold on to the weight. So we'll see how it goes! Even though I'm technically in "mushy" phase right now, I've found that I'm able to eat most things - I don't mean like ice cream and Cookies, but rather small pieces of chicken, etc. I've been trying not to push it too much, but I'm also trying to listen to my body.

The hardest part for me so far is getting full on a small amount of food - I find that I want to keep eating - my brain keeps trying to tell me I'm still hungry. There have been a couple times that I've been "satisfied", but kept eating because I thought I should. Sounds weird - but that's been my struggle. Being very mindful when I'm eating has been one of my bigger goals. That, and Protein. It's been a huge focus for me.

Glad to hear you're doing well! :)

I was also banded on 8 June. I've basically stayed the same for a few weeks now. I go the the dr's again on the 25 and hopefully a fill will help. I am struggling with remembering that I am only supposed to eat until i'm satisfied, and I don't need to eat until i'm "fulll" Its hard work but hopefully is going to pay off in the end. I'm also struggling with portion sizes. When I grocery shop, I have to really try to stay away from things that don't come in prepackaged portions (like snaky things like quakes or anything like that to go with my lunch) because I know right now, i don't really feel like I have any restriction, and i don't trust that i'll count them out and not eat any more then what a portion size is.

Hey Mandilou,

wow congrats on the great weight loss!

i am eating more calories then you for sure.. i am trying to keep the limit to 1200. i think.. but am not positive that my surgeon tells everyone the same thing.. eat at least 1000 and not more then 1200. . i think its just gonna take some thinking and planning.. I am really happy i did this. trying to stick to the calories.. I focus on the Protein . try to stay away from the bad stuff.. one thing is i need to find out if I am suppose to be drinking stuff like carnation instant Breakfast or not.? i think the surgeons office said.. dont drink your calories. at this point though.. i had a couple unhappy returns and its so tempting to do that. I had good luck with cottage cheese and chicken. ( LOL NOT Mcdonalds chicken nugget.. tried one and omg bad idea. :)

i am trying to find some things i can get when we eat out . i have to work out of town for a week at a time once in a while.

Cara.. have you had one fill already? let me know when you get one . hope that works for appetite. i am going to have my first fill in one week and then it will only be a partial fill. the next month i get the second one thats suppose to put me where i will stay hopefully. does this sound similar to everyone elses ? looking forward to feeling some restriction.

No, I haven't had any fills yet. I have an appointment on the 25th. I'm assuming I'll get a fill that day. I'm not sure if it will be a partial fill, like you're getting or what they'll do. I am ready for some restriction, and to see more weight come off!!

I was banded on June 6th. I dropped 20lbs in that first week and a half, then I stalled out for the next month. I even gained back 2lbs. But the surgeon and dietician say that's normal and the weight should start coming off again after I start getting fills. My first fill is set for the 28th, so I'm excited and nervous all at once!

I was banded June 7th and it's been going pretty well! I haven't had one episode of tossing my Cookies nor any nausea. I did fine with liquids (so glad to be done with them) and mushies and have segued to normal foods (define normal?). I'm cautious with everything I eat and try to stay under 1 cup of food for every meal. I've noticed that my satiation feeling has diminished so I've scheduled my first fill for August 5. PMS was rough! I was soooo hungry and unsatisfied, but luckily for only a few days. Good to know that I should prepare for that in the future. I barely lost any weight on the pre-op Optifast regimen (2 weeks) but I did start dropping pounds a week or so after surgery. I think the weight loss has slowed down or stopped, so it's probably a good time for a fill. I just started exercising more regularly and am hoping that helps the weight continue to come off (now that I got the okay to get on an exercise bike).