Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is using a BodyBugg

My hubby surprised me and got me a BodyBugg. Its really cool and it connects right to my phone, so I can upload it at anytime during the day.:D

My question for anyone that has it and used it for awhile is, does it seem to work with your goals that you put in? I put in that I would like to lose 3 lbs a week, but am wondering if I should put in the 2 lbs a week that I know I should do?

If you follow it and get the results that you want according the the BodyBugg, are you really losing the weight that it thinks you should? What I mean is I should have a deficit of 1300 calories a day and consume 1200 calories and burn 2500 per day. If I get to this level, will I lose the 3 lbs per week that it says I should?

Just wondering how accurate it is with the weight loss portion of it?!? The main reason I got it was to keep track of the calories that I burn during the day. But it does so much more than that. tI really is a cool little tool.

My hubby is spoiling me because he is living and working out of state right now and he feels really bad about that. I told him he needs to save some money and spoil me in about 6 months or so with some new clothes :D

I've been debating getting one for months, in fact I was just searching eBay to see if they had good priced ones. I can't justify it's retail cost right now. I've been using my polar heart rate monitor for years now for workouts, but lately the more I look at it the more I see HR 00. So obviously it is not trustworthy anymore. I'd Also like to see my daily calories burned. But I don't know if I'd be comfortable wearing it on my arm all the time. Ive also considered the fit bit, but I can't see how it'd be accurate.

Ive been wearing it all day and it isnt to bad. Kinda forget about it throughout the day.

I have been wearing mine 24/7 for a month and a half. I luv it! I also have the sp, connects to cell phone, it helps keep me on track. I think it is accurate... But I don't use their program to track food, I like my fitness pal better. I was hoping people wouldn't notice it on my arm but I was wrong! Everyone seems to notice it, so I bought the zebra cover so it @ least looks cute :)

I've been wearing mine since January. It works very well, but you may need to tweak the settings on it to get the most accurate results. (You do that from the Bodymedia website under the Settings tab at the bottom of the screen.) I find mine is pretty good about recording what I'm doing, if I'm honest about what I'm eating. If your diet is out of balance, and you eat more calories than you think you are, your results will be skewed. You'll quickly get the hang of it, and learn how to interpret what it tells you.

I have mine set to lose two pounds a week, but I find as I get more active (as I lose more weight) I actually burn more calories than it predicts. If I check the graph under the weight section, my actual weight loss is ahead of their graph. By that scenario, I'll hit my goal weight long before they say I will.

Also, be aware that weight loss is not a linear thing. Even if you do everything perfectly, you will not lose exactly 2 pounds every seven days (or whatever you have it set to.) Your body will play tricks on you, and hang onto weight for awhile, then drop several pounds all at once. Recent case in point: I was at the same weight for 16 days a few weeks ago, but I've dropped six pounds since last Monday. So instead of the graph being a steady sloping line downward, like a ramp, it's more like the zig-zag shape of the side view of a staircase.

Does it work? Yes. I like that it does the bookkeeping for me, so I don't have to. Is it perfect? Not totally. Would I give mine up? Not for a second. :)

Dave

I love love my bodybugg SP. It connects to my phone, so I just enter what I eat into the program (on my phone) and it figures everything out. If having a lapband is a "tool" for weight loss, having a bodybugg is another "tool". Together, I'm on my way!

Thanks for the input. Im really liking it so far. Easy to understand. The only thing I havent found is where to input my weight lose. Need to play around the website some more.

I also took mine off to sleep. It says it calculates your sleep, so I dont think I need to wear it then. Pretty cool little tool. I think it will keep me in check. I was almost going to skip walking last night, but I was short in steps, so I made myself go walking.

I really like the idea of the BodyBugg, but worry how many comments I will get at work. I'm not so concerned about the people I see everyday. I am more concerned with all the meetings I have outside the company. How have you guys dealt with the questions? I am tall ( 6'-1"), so none of my summer shirts will cover the arm band.

Heatherbbb, can you wear a light weight sweater over your shirt during your meetings? I work in a daycare center all day, so I wear t-shirts, so not a problem there...:lol:

I really like the idea of the BodyBugg, but worry how many comments I will get at work. I'm not so concerned about the people I see everyday. I am more concerned with all the meetings I have outside the company. How have you guys dealt with the questions? I am tall ( 6'-1"), so none of my summer shirts will cover the arm band.

I simply tell people what it is... They all seem very intrigued :) Get a cool cover to put on it!

Bodybugg only lets you update your weight once a week, but it's under the body measurements tab. When it's been a week, it will ask you if you'd like to update your weight.

Thanks bella bear!

Wow! I had never heard of this before, but I totally want one now. I think I'll check it out. Thanks for this thread!

Wow! I had never heard of this before, but I totally want one now. I think I'll check it out. Thanks for this thread!

While youre checking out the Bodybugg, go to Bodymedia.com and compare options with the Bodymedia armband. They're both made by the same people. The Bodybugg is the black armband worn by contestants on The Biggest Loser.

Dave

I have a Bodymedia Fit and looove it. I was at a stall for a few months (still am, I think) and couldn't figure out why. According to the BMF I'm burning 2300+ calories a day, and I was only eating roughly 1700 calories, so my deficit was way too big.

Nothing like buying a device that tells you to eat more. :D

Per the original post, a 1300 calorie deficit a day is not ideal. Since you have less than 50lbs to lose, you need to stick to no more than a 500 calorie deficit per day, 600 if you really want to push it.

Bigger deficits do NOT promise weight-loss, trust me. I started off eating 800 calories and gradually upped them to 1800 (now) and I will say yes I lost all of my weight eating 600-1200 calories but my metabolism is MAJORLY screwed up, as are my hormone levels. It's not worth it.

Stick to a 500 calorie deficit a day. At a 1300 deficit you're going to slow your metabolism even more and off-set your cortisol levels, which can make you see a gain on the scale (not fat gain, water-gain usually).

Just my 2 cents.