Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dont know if I should go back n remove fluid

Went to the doc on Monday...already have had 2cc put in, doc decided to put 2 cc more in, drank Water as they did it, felt fine, went to lunch 2 hrs later, took 3 bites and was in pain, vomitted 3x and had to go back. Doctor took out 1cc and i thought that was good, felt good but now when im eating solids im having issues, feels like its stuck and takes awhile to go down, not as painful as Monday but im worried, is it cuz im swollen possibly or should i go back and just have the 1cc taken out. My doc decided to fill me again cuz i been stuck at this weight for 3 months already. Any suggestions or anyone experience this!

Why are you eating solid food 2 hours after a fill? You should be on liquids for at least 12 hours.

it was mushy food and i just ate very slowly and chewed very well and no problem.....

Why are you eating solid food 2 hours after a fill? You should be on liquids for at least 12 hours.

Also Cindy...all surgeons have different protocols...son't jump on the poster without first asking what their instructions were...common courtesy as everyone's medical instructions are different

it was mushy food and i just ate very slowly and chewed very well and no problem.....

I guess each doctor is different because after I get a fill I have to be on liquids for 24 hrs and then mushies for 24 hrs after that and then I can go back to solid as tolerated. You could be swollen from the initial stuck food and you swell after a fill. I hope you feel better soon.

No problem? But you said you got stuck and vomited 3 times. Am I missing something here? Anyway I'd wait and see if the swelling goes down. I always feel tighter the first few days after a fill but then the swelling goes down. HTH!

Also Cindy...all surgeons have different protocols...son't jump on the poster without first asking what their instructions were...common courtesy as everyone's medical instructions are different

Didn't jump on anyone. Simply asked a question.

You stated that after 3 bites you were in pain and vomited 3 times. Doesn't sound like no problem to me. When you get a fill it causes swelling. I've never heard of a doctor saying it was ok to eat that soon after.

Hi sorry to hear of your problem. I am 2 years out and spent the last 6 months being too tight. My Dr. now does fills only under lap band fluoroscopy. So they can see how the band is working etc. Being too tight has caused me some issues with reflux etc. So had to do some additional testing to make sure things are ok. Lap bands are still relatively new and I was told by my Dr that they are learning many new things One thing is risk of cancer by being too tight over time. He said they no longer fill people as tightly as they used to. Anyway with this said my Dr. says only liquids for 2 days than go back to mushier food for a day. This seems like overkill but you are probably swolen. So try liquids for a day and don't hesitate to get some more taken out.

because I was too tight I had a complete un-fill about 2 months ago. I was told that I would prob gain 5 lbs or so. During that time my weight did go up and down. when I went back I was the same and since than had just 1 CC put back in. So I still don't have much restriction. but that is ok, I never want to go back to being too tight and PB at least daily.

SO take it easy, this is still a slow process. I am told that I am close to their goal but still think I have a lot more to loose. But will deal with that later.

Take Care

ROSS

I also thought that being in pain and vomiting 3 x indicated a problem.

Thank you, maybe i am just very swollen, i did not have this issue the first time i got filled, i will stick with liquids for a few days and then progress...my surgeon is 2 hrs away and i cant just afford to drive there so im hoping this gets better

Hi sorry to hear of your problem. I am 2 years out and spent the last 6 months being too tight. My Dr. now does fills only under lap band fluoroscopy. So they can see how the band is working etc. Being too tight has caused me some issues with reflux etc. So had to do some additional testing to make sure things are ok. Lap bands are still relatively new and I was told by my Dr that they are learning many new things One thing is risk of cancer by being too tight over time. He said they no longer fill people as tightly as they used to. Anyway with this said my Dr. says only liquids for 2 days than go back to mushier food for a day. This seems like overkill but you are probably swolen. So try liquids for a day and don't hesitate to get some more taken out.

because I was too tight I had a complete un-fill about 2 months ago. I was told that I would prob gain 5 lbs or so. During that time my weight did go up and down. when I went back I was the same and since than had just 1 CC put back in. So I still don't have much restriction. but that is ok, I never want to go back to being too tight and PB at least daily.

SO take it easy, this is still a slow process. I am told that I am close to their goal but still think I have a lot more to loose. But will deal with that later.

Take Care

ROSS

Thank you, maybe i am just very swollen, i did not have this issue the first time i got filled, i will stick with liquids for a few days and then progress...my surgeon is 2 hrs away and i cant just afford to drive there so im hoping this gets better

Just wanted to know how u are doing? I had fill last week and I can drink very slowly and no solid except couple of crackers. I am thirsty all the time and hoping it get better. I do have a reflux and taking med. My Dr is 4 hrs away and hate to drive and unfill please let me know if by time will get better or not.

I'm in the same boat now. Reflux and pbing when I eat solids. I got a fill Monday and am doing liquids now since they go down fine. Soup, oatmeal, yogurt, and Protein Shakes for this chic. I have 8.5 ccs in my 11 cc band and am losing my insurance at the end of the month. My Surgeon was aggressive with this fill and boy can I tell! Gonna allow a few days for swelling to go down and reassess. I literally can't afford another fill so I may have to live tight until I lose enough weight that things loosen up on their own.