Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is strange...

Hi Everyone,

I dont post often, but check in when I can. I have something really strange happening. I was banded 12/04 and have had 3 fills. The last fill was late last spring, and my band seems to be getting tighter. Is this normal? I can still eat, but its tight!

Staci

Orlando FL

banded in TJ on 12/16/04

HMMMM?? Interesting.

well i certainly don't have an answer for you but I do have a few questions.

How long has it felt tighter? a day- a week?

Is it that time of the month?

Are you on any new meds?

have you changed you exercise routine?

possible salt intake?

It could be a swelling sitaution in your stomach due to something? what I don't know, but may go away over a period of time.

it is very interesting though- usually you hear of someone losing restriction over time.

I can say that some days throughout a mnth I am very very tight & others I am wide open, so go figure.

interesting-very interesting:0)

I meet a lady that was 180 or 190 and she is now 120 and she became real tight and could not keep anything down. She was checked under floro and had a total unfill. She was fine. Dont know why it happened.

Hi Guys,

Yes, it has been tight for a few months now and does not appear to be letting up at all. I have lost about 35lbs from 220lbs to 185lbs. No big lifestyle changes, no certain time of the month. Sometimes very tight! Guess I should be glad and just wait.

Thanks all.

Staci

Orlando FL

banded in TJ 12/16/04

That happened to me. My last fill was November of '04, and it was perfect at the time, but for some reason around March or so it tightened up. In June I went and had .3cc's taken out and I've been fine since. Dunno what to tell you about a cause though..

Yes it can happen, I had it happen to me with my last fill I had in July and by October I was much tighter..had the best weight loss in October then I had had in 19 months but I also found out I was eroded in November:(..Other people here have said the same thing that their fills got tighter over time..others lose restirction over time..

So I guess maybe a slight unfill may be in order. Too tight isn't the way to go through life. I don't think you have any alarm to start thinking about erosions but it always better safe than sorry. I mean the 4cm band is meant to hold close to 3+ cc's. You would never use a total of 4cc b/c you'd be closed up completly.

As long as your feeling good & not losing too much too fast & able to get the proper nutrients, well I say great for you. But if your at all uncomfortable, than have a slight unfill. Great job on your weightloss!

Thanks everyone for all the input, I feel a little better. I think I will make a follow up appointment just to be safe. The thought of erosion is very scary...

Staci

Orlando FL

banded in TJ 12/16/04

220/185