Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will u throw out your "big" clothes

I hadn't even thought about getting rid of my clothes as I have been a yo-yo dieter for decades. Thanks for the inspirtation! I will donate my clothes and I will make sure I never need the big sizes again.

Some stuff I had taken in. It was cheaper than buying new work clothes. The rest....OUT! It wasn't easy, but out it went. Interim clothes I got at Target and Walmart. I used skirts and stretch shirts. In fact, I just got rid of one of my transition skirts. I loved it, but it was falling off me, it was so big. I'd wear it at the risk of tripping over it if it fell around my ankles!

Funny thing now, I am actually wearing out stuff. Something I never did before, my size was always changing upwards too rapidly.

Im most bummed about some of my sweaters. Some I love so much. But they might work as big ones for around the house on cold days.

I imagine I'll keep one shirt and one pair of pants, just to compare down the road. The rest I will for sure donate.

I have been in size 18+ for the last 15 years or so. Now that my clothes are starting to get big, I am debating on what to do with the stuff after I cant fit into at anymore.

Are u donating them or storing them away? If I store them, is that my head thinking I might need them again someday?

I kept the outfit I wore to the hospital and put it on over my clothes at my year date, wore them to a meeting I was in, with people who had helped support me in this journey and took them off, of course had smaller clothes underneath:) wish I still had them for my three year date, I did give them away as I went form a 24-26 to a 12:) will NEVER need them again and neither will you if you do what your suppose to do to stay healthy, nothing taste as good as skinny/healthy feels:) good luck

I'm a little more than 5 years post-op and still have the majority of my fat clothes. I think they're playing the role of security blanket... "just in case." And oddly enough, I'm NEVER reluctant to get rid of things I don't see an immediate or known value in keeping (much to my packrat DH's chagrin).

I went from a size 30/32 (and higher, but 32 was the last labeled size I could wear) at my largest pre-op, to a combination of 14s, 16s and 18s at my smallest post-op, and I pretty much indulged in a complete wardrobe for each size I was wearing long enough to go shopping.

DH has been bugging me to ditch the clothes and it has really ramped up in the last few weeks. They're taking up a good chunk of our unfinished basement that he would like to have finished. So I did some inventory the other night, grouped everything by size, and bagged them accordingly. I have 74 bags (55 gallon bags! That's like 150 lawn & leaf bags! Geez!) of clothes that are too big. He wants me to drop them off at a donation center, but I still have that little voice in the back of my head telling me that if I ever return to that size, I'm going to be sorry I don't have those clothes.

Even though I'd probably starve myself before I'd let myself see a size 32 again.

I've been nervous about getting rid of clothes and because I'm a slow loser it has made me even more cautious. But I just went through some winter clothes this weekend and pulled out clothes that I was hanging on to. There is something mentally rewarding about letting go. It will reaffirm your commitment to this journey!

:second: :welldoneclap: That is really Great ! I know that's hard to do, I did it once before. EVERYTHING OUT ! ! !

You are going to make a lot of People VERY HAPPY !

I can't see myself getting rid of my BETTY BOOP collection of Leather Jackets. Some are still Brand New.

Also I REFUSE TO GET RID OF MY MINK JACKET !

Keep up the Great work.

Shirley.

A friend of mine has just got a job in a ASSISTED living Home, and she doesn't have anything to wear. We worked in a factory together, so she has nothing,,, here in Michigan.

If you want to get rid of them, I know someone who could use them.

Or if you want, list them in a yard sale with size, and I'm sure you'll sell.

Let me know, and I will have to get her address.

Shirley.

I wish I had seen this sooner. I had a yard sale last month and had tons of fat clothes including scrubs. I posted on here if anyone wanted them and then donated them all to the local charity. I do live in Michigan but nowhere near St. Helen, I'm NE of Detroit. If I happen to find any more around here I will hold onto them and let you know.

Are u donating them or storing them away? If I store them, is that my head thinking I might need them again someday?

Giving them away..... I have no use for them any longer. This band will be a permenant solution..... so I just gave a friend 4 big trash bags of clothes which are too big for me to get away with wearing any longer. She has 3 daughters and a Mom who could really use them....

I of course I have been trying to make things last as long as possble but my choices are limited.... I am not buying more than the basics until I get to my goal.... seems sensle to waaste money on stuff I will be too small for in a few months. I am trying to buy stuff that can shrink with me like elastic waists and forgiving fabrics....

I ride the trolley to and from work and at the stop after mine they have a place where you can trade clothes . I think its what they do I'd like to do that trade down and down and down I pulled out a box of clothes the other day and there were clothes in there from before I was pregnant and even they were too big I cried . I feel so good about everyday now . It took me over 20 lbs to see it in myself tho.

I have gotten rid of all my big cloths. Keeping them was just a reminder for me, I donated some to Good Will and Salvation Army. There are also a large group of women at my work who have had the surgery so we have been handing down some of our cloths, this has helped cut down on purchasing a bunch of summer out fits for some of us. I did keep one pair of jeans that I want to take my picture with when I reach my goal. A reminder of how far I will have come. Good Luck!:)

I've always hung onto my big clothes in the past because I've always gained it back PLUS some.

Not this time.

They're being tossed as soon as they're too big... weeding out the closet is fun!

I wish I had seen this sooner. I had a yard sale last month and had tons of fat clothes including scrubs. I posted on here if anyone wanted them and then donated them all to the local charity. I do live in Michigan but nowhere near St. Helen, I'm NE of Detroit. If I happen to find any more around here I will hold onto them and let you know.

She's in Sterling Hgts., Mich. She's out of luck !

I tried..... I hope your sale went really well. I know there are a lot of Big Girls out their looking for Bigger sizes.

Thanks for the reply, Shirley.

She's in Sterling Hgts., Mich. She's out of luck !

I tried..... I hope your sale went really well. I know there are a lot of Big Girls out their looking for Bigger sizes.

Thanks for the reply, Shirley.

Actually, Sterling Hts is a hop, skip and a jump from me. I go there alot. My favorite shoe store is in Lakeside Mall! What size is she? I think I still have some scrubs.