Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fizzled Out

I dont know why it happens, but it happens to me with every diet/weight loss program/exercise program I have ever been on. I am all sorts of gung ho about things, and I get amazing results then once I hit the same mark with a weight loss of 50 pounds or more, I fizzle out...the enthusisim and ambition that I started out with is gone....And this holds true still. I had surgery, was very fortunate to get it.....I was making awesome progress, keeping on tract with everything and sticking to the letter. I lost 55 pounds and now....ththththththup...(thats me giving a raspberry) I get very passay about my diet, I dont exercise...I dont know if I just figure AHH I lost enough....or AHHH I dont have to do this any more....or what the deal is....but I am at one of them fizzled out spots, and I still have a way to go till I meet my goal. I am just soooo not into a food jouranl, and exercising and water.....its passed its glory with me....and I dont know how to get that enthusism back....I can say Im tired, or I have been thru sooo much that I am overwhelmed...blah blah blah....but I am my first priority and I just dont know how to rediscover that committment once its gone. Anyone else feel that way? I use to be faithful with my weigh ins...I was soo proud of my accomplishments....I would call my father every Sunday with the weigh in, now ~ Not so much.....I find myself sneeking more and more of the things I can't/shouldn't have~~~ I have just lost it. Wheres my spark?

:)

Porclindoll I deffinatly know how you feel...seems like latley my spark is gone too!!! :faint: I keep looking for it and trying too snap out of it .. It seemed to start back at the holidays I got careless and unconserned with my weight loss and kept saying oh well after the holidays I'll do better.. I did better for a few days and seemed to have fell off the band wagon again. My weight is going up a pound down a pound... the yoyo has returned!!! I'll just sit here with ya porclindoll and see if someone can wack:frusty: us both up side the head and snap us out of this viscous cycle:bowl: of self distruction!!!:angry

Moral support, here! I am with you on the complacency angle...it started for me, like Jamie, during the holidays. I'm just now starting to get my spark back, and it goes out with the first puff of an obstacle. Isn't that the beauty of the band, though? While we are stuck in a rut, it's still there, guarding us and protecting us from ourselves. So, porclndoll, Nana, Jammin' and Losin'....since we're all in the same boat, let's row it together! We've seen this foe before...we know what to do! Thanks for posting about it! Cindy

Ladies, I am right there with you. I can't seem to get back into my "zone". I was exercising everyday, doing something and it is like...gone. Luckily I haven't gained anything, but I haven't lost anything either. I am trying to get back on track with my next meal. Ok...so I am going to go put my tennys on and go do an exercise video and drink 24 oz of Water before bed. Ready...set...go!

This was my biggest problem preband, for me the limit I could reach was about 8kg lost, I would feel better, feel thin (even though I'd been horrified when I hit that particular weight on the way up) and lose my mojo.

I love love love exercise, but I'd let it slide, start putting the weight back on.

I've gotten past that previous limit with the band but I still expect the same thing will hit me somewhere down the track.

Perhaps try something different exercise wise? Something that you'll have a bit of excitement and enthusiasm for for a while. It's not great for you to do the same old same old for ages anyway.

Ladies I'm here with you and I'm giving my self a swift kick in the rear!!!! Maybe this week will be the week I get that SPARK Back!!!! Here ...sparky...here ....sparky!!!! LOL!!! Excersise and Water for me maybe that will be helpful!!!

Git yer self down to that Sci-fi convention in February, and I give ya an old-fashioned kick in the rear!

We just need to figure out what inspires you, and that'll get ya goin' again!

I had the frumpies last week and seem to have gotten over that, but nope, I don't have my spark. Where'd it go? I suppose I'll get it back. I swear it's the winter months. Spring will come and it will stay daylight longer. That will help me loads. I'm riding this out. I'll get my spark back. For now I'm resorting to baby steps. Drinking Water, just maintaining for now. Quit beating myself up. I get so tired of doing that.

Wow, thanks guys. Its "nice" to know I am not in the boat alone...Humm what inspires me, what inspires me......Happy Boots, Halloween, Shopping for nice clothes, not having pain in feet/legs/knees/back any more, longer life with my son, ~Italy~ Maybe thats the reward, right there...I can not go to Italy until I learn the language enough to survive there and until I loose my weight.........hummmm theres an idea....I "ONLY" have about 50 pounds to go.......If I lose 2 pounds a week, it will take me 25 weeks to loose that 50 pounds. However, its going to take me two years to save enough money for the trip...:) sooo maybe the reward will be learn the language, loose the weight and maintain the weight loss till a certain date, after I save the money for the trip.....hey, that maybe a plan~~~~ Sooo I can go to Italy, lookin all sexy in the Happy Boots~~~well, I all ready look sexy in the happy boots.....:thankyou:

Well, I did it...I went and did a step video...my 3 year old made sure I did it to. At one point, there was just stepping up and down on my step and everytime I would go to step up, my son would push on my rear to "help" me up on my step. I guess he knew I needed the extra push...lol. I even drank my water..yea!!! C'mon Doll...let's find that spark and get our butt in gear to go discover Italy...those Italian studs are looking for the sexy new you!!!! ;-)

EWE I COULD USE A HOT ITALAIN RIGHT BOUT NOW TOO!!! eeeewe now there is some inspiration!~~ Okay, well its 10:30 at night...way too late for me to exercise now...so I will see what I can do about some exercise tomorrow .. Its supose to ice and snow and blah blah blah, but maybe i can do one of my exercise videos that I have just sitting here....

Keri your baby sounds absolutely adorable!!! My son wouldn't push me up the step at all...he would jump on my back for a piggy back ride~~~

Come' on Doll!!! Today is a great day to do inside videos. It is sunny here, so when I get home, I think I go for a 6 mile ride on my bike. You get one of those videos out and get to sweatin"!!!! :-)

Okay guys....I think I beat the frizzies....And Im not talking hair here~~~ I bought an exercise "machine" I guess you would call it. One of them Gazelles that Tony Little is always jumping around on the late night infomercials. Course half of the work out was putting the damn thing together...but I am a chick with a tool box, so within about 1/2 hour it was all done, ground up!!! I broke out my resistance bands too~ (those are just huge rubber bands of different tightnesses used for pilaties and streaching exercise) My goal for tomorrow is to wake up a little earlier, like 1/2 hour earlier and do my Gazelle for about 15-20 minutes, then get ready for work. Im gonna see how I can incorporate my resistance bands with the Gazelle. I was on the Gazelle for about 8 minutes after I set it up...had to make sure the screws were in tight enough and what better way than to actually jump on and go right??? And lemme tell ya, in that 8 minutes, I worked up a little sweat. So tomorrow morning Rob Zombie and I have a date in the walk man and the Gazelle can watch~~ eheheheheh

Well, I havn't been on the gazelle since that first day. "Aunt Flo" came to town and she was a real pain! ah! I didnt feel like breathing let along exercising. How ever she has packed up and left town, so hopefully tomorrow I can get up and get on it. I look foward to it. My mom has even sparked a curiosity in it. My mental attitude towards a lot of things have changed and hopefully that will be enough to get me up and exercising. I have been walking alot more than usual. I walk on my lunch break at work, and every chance I get...Maybe that will make a difference too~