Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After nearly 4 years, I want to quit

So sorry to hear your story. Have they done an x-ray lately? I had my band put in eight years ago and have done very well. I lost and total of ninety pounds and have kept it off. A few months ago I was feeling a lot of discomfort and vomiting a lot. My surgeon took an x-ray and my band had slipped :o. I was so upset! On April 28th of this year I had it removed and a new one was put in. SO its important to make sure your band is still in place. I wish you the very best and good luck!

Ayme

I got my band in October 2007. Lost 40 pounds in 6 months, and then it all stopped. Couldn't get a good fill. Tight enough to diminish hunger, and too many things got stuck. Loose enough to eat comfortably (the bandster way - small well chewed bites), and I didn't have the dimmed appetite. I stayed away from the clinic for a year, gained back all 40 pounds. Recently went back 3 months ago, and still just cannot get it right. I don't want to quit, but can't see continuing to put the time and energy into something that is obviously not working for me.

Hope you are finding things improved with the slight unfil! You're right, too tight is just as bad as too loose!

Cheering you on also.......don't give up - the band works!

Glad to hear you are giving things another try - Don't give up!

We are all with you!

I pray that God will grant you the strength and determination you need for the long run.

Have you ever had it checked under Fluoroscope? This way they will take a look at it, and you will see it to. They can tell you if anything is wrong with the Band, and get you right at your fill line, while they watch it going in, and see where to stop,

Results a perfect fill. In time maybe a little tweak, but before you go under the knife, maybe you can have this done, and you will know if it's not good, or needs complete adjustment.. It is painless, so you know.

It's worth the shot.

I was going to say the same thing Shirley....get a fill under fluoroscopy....it is the best way!! I have been banded for over a year and have had only 2 fills...I love my band and couldn't even imagine not having it now....good luck!

I hope you will try again. I don't have any advice for you but don't give up!

Yep ! Me too.... Two fills, and I'm good to go.

I did it the OLD WAY before !

I'll take Fluoroscopy any day.

It's the only way to go....

Good Health to you, Shirley.

You think four years is a long time try five long years ago. I have a really really long story but in short I had a couple of really bad blind fills. I too had given up. I had just decided maybe I made a huge mistake. But my dh said to me don't give up, what you have is an investment in yourself. It seems like something else always comes up and you may not be able to put yourself first, but what you have to do is recommit to taking care of you. I am at a slow go now. But I will take this over the slumb I were in. Start looking at the before and after pictures of others and that always reminds me that hey this really does work! You just have to reinvent yourself, read a couple of other post and you 'll find their are a lot of people in worser shape. Look down on the floor and pick yourself up and realize that you can do better today than yesterday.

And one other thing that is really important is try to get your fills done under fluoroscopy. In my opinion that helps a lot.