Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All~

Look for some fellow JRZ folks :rolleyes: on this road with me. Also curious if anyone has used my surgeon. Please reply to the post if you are from NJ and I would love to chat!

Thanks again!

New Jersey's in the house! Welcome!! Who is your surgeon and when is your surgery date? I am from Central Jersey, but I chose a doctor in North Jersey-Dr. Storm. I had my surgery May 25th - still sore but I am back to work today! You will LOVE this site! Everyone is super helpful and friendly. What part of Jersey are you from? Good luck!

Hi All~

Look for some fellow JRZ folks :rolleyes: on this road with me. Also curious if anyone has used my surgeon. Please reply to the post if you are from NJ and I would love to chat!

Thanks again!

Hi I'm from Jersey too! South Jersey. I was on here alot in the begining. I was banded in Sept of 08.

Have had a really bad experience with the band this far. I actually just came back to work today because for 8-10 months I have been having horrible pain. 3 CT scans and 2 US's later we saw that my port was not attached anymore and was flipping over in my belly. I also had an exploratory surgery at the same time and my tubing and intestines were wrapped around each other and scar tissued together, yeah fun stuff!! Oh well, It's fixed and time to get back to loosing. Hopefully you have a much better experience than me.

I am in North Jersey. My doctor is Dr. Vadim Gritsus in Paramus, he also has an office in Pequannock. He does his surgery out of Chilton Hospital and Valley Hospital. All adjustments/fills are done at the Paramus office since he does each with the flourscopy machine. I had my surgery Sept. 22, 2010 and have lost 80 lbs. so far. Very nice Doctor and staff.

Hi,

I lived in New Jersey, South Jersey for 17 years, just relocated to NC 3 years ago, so I still consider myself a Jerseyite :) When I was there, I was going to use a Philadelphia doctor named Dr. Wernsing, out of Pennsylvania Hospital. A few years ago when I was there there was only one or 2 guys performing in South Jersey. Hopefully that has changed now. Would like to hear who you guys are using now in that area. Best of luck to all of us. I am scheduled for 7/12 down here. Looking forward to the new me laugh.gif,,

HEY JRZ;)

I am in North Jersey. Dr. Edward Mclean in Morristown is my surgeon. My date is 6-17 and I am SO nervous. Mostly about the complications. Someone else posted on this thread about their complications. Sore how? Where....by the port? Any nausea? What are you eating? Did you have a post-op diet? I do not, and so many people here do!

Enough ?'s for you? LOL Get back to me when you can and THANKS!

New Jersey's in the house! Welcome!! Who is your surgeon and when is your surgery date? I am from Central Jersey, but I chose a doctor in North Jersey-Dr. Storm. I had my surgery May 25th - still sore but I am back to work today! You will LOVE this site! Everyone is super helpful and friendly. What part of Jersey are you from? Good luck!

HEY JRZ;)

I am in North Jersey. Dr. Edward Mclean in Morristown is my surgeon. My date is 6-17 and I am SO nervous. Mostly about the complications. Someone else posted on this thread about their complications. Sore how? Where....by the port? Any nausea? What are you eating? Did you have a post-op diet? I do not, and so many people here do!

Enough ?'s for you? LOL Get back to me when you can and THANKS!

i am in NJ too central jersey I went to SOCH in Manahawkin my dr is dr pasquarella (sp?) They are awesome there! and i've had no complications so far... I'm here if you wanna talk any time :)

Got approval letter yesterday from insurance co. Pre-Opt exam and appointment to sign papers is scheduled for this Friday with Dr. Goldstein. I am so excited!!!!!! Is a June surgery date realistic, or do you think its more likely to be scheduled for July? No date is too soon as far as I'm concerned. I'm ready to get this show on the road. Started this process January 4, 2011, 6 months later I'm more than anxious. Jerseygirl is it true Goldstein only requires a 1 day liquid, and day of surgery fast? I'm 264 lbs. I'm a little nervous about only losing 4 of the recommended 10 lbs pre-surgery. Hope it is not a problem when I see him Friday. My goal weight is 135, but depending on how I look and what size clothes I wear, I can be happy at 150 lbs. I'm 5'8" and dont want to look like a bobble head.

Just went to dr goldsteins seminar today, but yes he only does one day pre op liquid diet, 7-10 post op liquid, another week of mush, and then he said by one month out you're on whole foods.

I was really impressed by him at the seminar, feeling very good about choosing him! First appt is the 14th, got a journey ahead of me, at least 3 months!

Hello Jersey,

My Surgeon is Marc Neff, he is wonderful. Awesome bedside manner and actually listens to me and my issues and really works with me to find the solution. He is in Cherry Hill, SJ.

My pre-op diet was normal then nothing after midnight the day before surgery. Post-op was liquid for at least 24-48 hours then soft food like applesauce, mashed potatoes you get the idea. Then I was making dinner for the family and putting mine in the food processor so it looked like it was already chewed(sorry to be so gross). He told me to progress as tolerated. The reason for the liquid into soft food was so that your stomach can get used to having something around it right after surgery(healing). Mine was NOT filled during surgery.

I went back 4 weeks after for post-op visit then we filled it a week after that. Then 6 weeks after I went back for another fill(3 days before Christmas) and didnt have another fill for 2 years. I only lost 35-40lbs then for 2 years I was stuck at the same weight. Since my 3rd fill(march of this year) I gained 4lbs and then we found out about my port not being connected to my body anymore so we replaced it and unfilled my completely. I go back June 16th for a post-op visit and will schedule my 1st fill all over again and pray that my troubled days are behind me. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm very discouraged.

Hi All~

Thanks again!

Hi! I'm from North Jersey (Morris County) and my surgeon was Dr. Robert Barbalinardo. He has an office in Lk. Hopatcong, but my surgery was done at Mountainside Hospital in Montclair -- his main office is right next to the hospital -- everyone on staff is awesome and they helped me so much with insurance issues (there were many). I would recommend them. I think someone else on this thread said their doctor was Dr. Strom...he is in the same practice as Dr. Rob (Montclair Surgical Associates).

I was banded on 4/26/11 and I'm going for my first fill tomorrow at Mountainside. Dr. Strom will be doing my fill. I'm totally happy with my decision to get banded and I'm looking forward to a healthier future! I'm down 15 lbs. and I know it could be more...so I'm hoping this fill helps me to find my "sweet spot"!

Welcome to the site...all of your questions will be answered here...everyone is friendly and eager to share their experiences (good and bad).

Good luck to you!!

Do any of you JRZ peeps go to a support group you like?

3 more days and soooooo NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Oamrm4.png