Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else obsessed with the scale after surgery?

I force myself only to weigh myself about twice a week. I'm focusing on how my clothes fit (very loose now, almost time to go shopping!).

Guilty as well.... :( I weigh myself at least once a day (usually two or three times). I had my surgery three weeks ago and I'm suppose to just now be introducing solid foods, but I'm eating pretty much everything. Nothing has given me any problems (so far) and I feel like I am eating WAY to much!!! I know I'm not eating as much as I use to, but I thought lap band patients weren't suppose to be able to eat much, and I am! I never really FEEL hungry, but I never feel full either. Yesterday I ate a whole grilled cheese sandwich. And I know I shouldn't have ate the whole thing, but I actually felt full (and a little uncomfortable) but it still didn't make me sick or anything. Since surgery I have lost about 15 lbs and I am happy with that, but since I started eating "normal food" I haven't lost anything. I'm just feeling a little discouraged because I am able to eat so much.... I don't know. I go on July 22nd for my first fill. I guess I will just wait and see!!!

Until you start getting fills and reach restriction (which will probably take more than one), then you will be able to eat normal quantities of food. Right now, food just passes right through the band. It isn't providing any assistance at all.

I am three months out and weigh daily after I go potty and before I eat. And I weigh naked. But, I only record my weight on Monday. I am obsessed. Right now I haven't list all week and it is frustrating me, but I haven't gained either. Down 61 lb total!

I use to be on the scale a dozen times a day. Now I have cut back to about every other morning. But I like to keep track of how I am doing and hold myself responsible. I know that if the scale is up a little, I need to work harder.

Hi everyone,

I dont know about you but since I've been banded (8 days ago) , Ive been stepping on the scale daily.

I know its not good to do, but I cant help it !! LOL

Am I crazy ?? I dont wanna get hung up on the number instead of the overall success !!

Yep I weigh daily. 6 months ago I only stepped on a scale at the Doctor's office.

I weigh morning and at night. It is not a problem for me and I don't agree with the logic that should not weigh everyday. When I am weighing everyday, I am losing. When I am on the upswing, I am not weighing. As long as you can manage your expectations that you are not going to lose everyday and some days you will gain even when following your program to a t. If you can do that, you should be fine!!!

BTW I had my surgery Thurs, 19 May and I have lost 10 pounds. Certainly, I did not expect to lose that much that fast. I know it is Water and I will certainly not be losing at that rate going forward. Best wishes!!!

Yep I weigh daily. 6 months ago I only stepped on a scale at the Doctor's office.

I weigh morning a night. It is not a problem for and don't agree with the logic that should not weigh everyday. When I am weighing everyday, I am losing. When I am on the upswing, I am not weighing. As long as you can manage your expectations that you are not going to lose everyday and some days you will gain even when following your program to a t. If you can do that, you should be fine!!!

BTW I had my surgery Thurs, 19 May and I have lost 10 pounds. Certainly did not expect to lose that much that fast. I know it is Water and I will certainly not be losing at that rate going forward. Best wishes!!!

I do it too! ... I think it's a motivator for me. I see the pounds coming off and it keeps me going on the days that are difficult. I was banded on May 10th, so I'm almost 2 weeks out. So far 20lbs are gone, and it makes me so happy! That would not have been possible for me any other way! I look at everyone's weight loose tickers, and see everyone's success and it makes me so excited that in a couple months that will be me!

I'm still obsessed. It works for me. I know when I stop weighing all the time it's because I'm scared of what it might say!