Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well...Surgery is at 7:30 AM tomorrow morning....Got to be there at 5:30....I'm just having surgical anxiety...not nervous about the band AT ALL....nervous about surgery...never had surgery before IN MY LIFE...Hospital is about an hour away so I'm not looking forward to the drive there (maybe I'll sleep on the way there)

Good luck Freddy! I feel nervous the same way you do, not the band but the actual surgery. Surgery will be over before you know it! You wouldn't be human if you weren't nervous. Will be thinking of you :)

I feel ya! My surgery is this Friday. I couldn't be happier about having the band, but the only surgery I've ever had was when I was 5. I have a good hour or so drive to my hospital too. I plan on listening to my favorite "booty shake" music. lol. Dancing_wub.gif

Maybe listening to your favorite music and singing along will help ease your nerves on the way to the hospital. Just think, it will all happen so fast...just picture yourself waking up in recovery and think about how accomplished you'll feel. Good luck man!

-Amber

I'm with ya! I check in tomorrow at 5:45am! I also live about an hour away, so not looking forward to the drive... I'm excited but also nervous also! I'm glad this pre-op is over though, that was rough! I know after being banded won't be easy, but at least I'll have more variety to drink, and eventually eat!!

Good Luck!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches