Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Day Tomorrow!!!

I am so excited that my surgery is tomorrow! I am a little concerned about the gas pain, but have plenty of pain medication and plenty of advise. Some words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated :-)

My advice to you would be to get walking as soon as you can and drink as much as you can. I was up and moving in about 45 minutes after I woke up from surgery. If you do get gas pains, (if ok'ed by your Doc, use Gas-X strips) this along with the walking will help loosen it up and get it moving on out. The worst part of my surgery was the gas, the pain was terrible for about a week but I'd go through it all again in a heart beat. I survived lol. The only other pain I had was what felt like I did a million sits ups, just ab muscle pain. For me, recovery was alot easier and faster than I thought it would be. I hope it goes well and keep us posted!

BTW I was so scared and nervous for the last 3 days before surgery, but once I was out on the table, it was easy breezy lol.. Good luck! You'll do great!

That's so exciting!! I can imagine that you would feel happy and nervous, but this will be the start of a new you!!!!! Anytime your thoughts stray to something negative just keep staying "I deserve to look and feel better." Make sure you let us know how it goes!! Good Luck-you''ve got this!!;)

I am so excited that my surgery is tomorrow! I am a little concerned about the gas pain, but have plenty of pain medication and plenty of advise. Some words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated :-)

I am Having my surgery tomorrow too! I'm very nervous..especially about intubation..had problem with that last surgery. but that's because of my jaw--that's not typical of other people getting banded. I'm so hungry that all the stuff in my cupboards that i've ignored because it looks boring suddenly looks like the most delicious thing you could ever eat.

It's been a long time---a year of testing...an unexpected surgery when they found something that had to be taken care of before lapband. I'm SO glad this journey is almost over...and my new banded life is beginning.

Good luck to you tomorrow---I'm sending good thoughts!

BandedKitten

I was banded yesterday May 11th around 9 in the morning. This was my first surgery and let me just say you have nothing to worry about. I actually don't have any gas pain. The only times I have gotten up is to use the bathroom because they have me on an IV. I can't eat or drink until they take an X-ray of my band which is at 7am today. It basically just lime my stomach area is sore. I have morphine As my pain medicine which I control and I am taking advantage of it because I don't want to have pain. I use it maybe once every half hour and obviously longer if I don't need it. Good luck and don't worry about a thing.

Hi Banded Kitten

How did your day go? I am sorry for the delay in respondin....I can't figure out how to use this website and I need a lesson.

Hope all is well.

slimj

I am Having my surgery tomorrow too! I'm very nervous..especially about intubation..had problem with that last surgery. but that's because of my jaw--that's not typical of other people getting banded. I'm so hungry that all the stuff in my cupboards that i've ignored because it looks boring suddenly looks like the most delicious thing you could ever eat.

It's been a long time---a year of testing...an unexpected surgery when they found something that had to be taken care of before lapband. I'm SO glad this journey is almost over...and my new banded life is beginning.

Good luck to you tomorrow---I'm sending good thoughts!

BandedKitten

Awwww...thanks for the kind words. It really was not much at all. I feel like a new woman.

That's so exciting!! I can imagine that you would feel happy and nervous, but this will be the start of a new you!!!!! Anytime your thoughts stray to something negative just keep staying "I deserve to look and feel better." Make sure you let us know how it goes!! Good Luck-you''ve got this!!;)

Thanks Victoria...everything went well. Did have gas pain....still do at the end of the day...but able to move it out quickly ;-)

My advice to you would be to get walking as soon as you can and drink as much as you can. I was up and moving in about 45 minutes after I woke up from surgery. If you do get gas pains, (if ok'ed by your Doc, use Gas-X strips) this along with the walking will help loosen it up and get it moving on out. The worst part of my surgery was the gas, the pain was terrible for about a week but I'd go through it all again in a heart beat. I survived lol. The only other pain I had was what felt like I did a million sits ups, just ab muscle pain. For me, recovery was alot easier and faster than I thought it would be. I hope it goes well and keep us posted!

BTW I was so scared and nervous for the last 3 days before surgery, but once I was out on the table, it was easy breezy lol.. Good luck! You'll do great!