Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have my lap band surgery date - October 24th

Hi:

I am new to the forum. I will be having my surgery on October 24th. I am 64 years old and have dieted all of my life. I am looking forward to a new life for myself.

Exciting news! I am 64 and I was banded on June 22. I had planned to be off work about 2-1/2 weeks as everyone told me it takes longer for "older" people to heal. The only problems I had after surgery was the gas, it was the worse! My doctors office told me to take children's liquid advil and that helped. I was so bored at home I figured I could sit at work as well as sit at home. I went back to work on June 28. I've not had any problems, but must admit I was hungry for food on the 3rd day after surgery. I didn't want to give in and stayed on a liquid diet until July 3. I have lost about 20 lbs I think. I'm not into weighing myself and I'm going by how I feel and how my clothes fit me. I feel great and I wear baggy clothes smile.gif I don't want to spend $ on new clothes until I lose a little bit more weight.

Let me know how you are doing! I am looking forward to my new life as well. My biggest break through will be when I can buy in the "regular women's department"!!! What a happy day that will be!biggrin.gif

-Linda

It is nice to read a post from someone in their 60s. I, too, have reached the milestone. I've read people our age loose slower than younger band patients. My surgery was April 6. I've lost 42 pounds since then. I am happy with that, but I'd like to loose another 30.

Hi:

I am new to the forum. I will be having my surgery on October 24th. I am 64 years old and have dieted all of my life. I am looking forward to a new life for myself.

It is nice to read a post from someone in their 60s. I, too, have reached the milestone. I've read people our age loose slower than younger band patients. My surgery was April 6. I've lost 42 pounds since then. I am happy with that, but I'd like to loose another 30.

42 lbs is awesome! I hope I do as well as you. I'm having my first fill on Aug 2, right now I feel I could eat just about anything,so I don't think I've hit ghe "green" zone yet, I'm probably in the yellow zone. I'm a little worried about the fill.

Good job on your weight loss! rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the "60's" site. I was 61 when I had my surgery, nearly two years ago. I beat my 38 year old daughter in the weight loss column. I have lost 100lbs in 1 year and am maintaining now. I love shopping for clothe sin the misses and sometimes junior depts. I hope to NEVER go back to the woman's dept. I bought a new swim suit yesterday, and it was a 1 peace that fit perfectly. I picked a size 10 and love the way I look in it. (of course, still have to tighten my thighs!). Good luck and wecome to a new life! Karen

Hi:

Good Luck!! I am 60. My date is August 22 and I can't wait!! I, too, have dieted all my life and gotten no where. So, as with you, I am looking forward to a very new and excited "rest of my life!!"

Congradulations and Good Luck to you I am 62 and had my surgery in April 2011 I have lost 34 lbs its a slow go but better off than on

Hi:

I know what you mean. I go for my 2nd fill Aug 10. I hope it helps more than the first fill, since i think I can still eat as much as I did before (I don't though).

42 lbs is awesome! I hope I do as well as you. I'm having my first fill on Aug 2, right now I feel I could eat just about anything,so I don't think I've hit ghe "green" zone yet, I'm probably in the yellow zone. I'm a little worried about the fill.

Good job on your weight loss! rolleyes.gif

I turned 60 years old on July 3. My surgery was Nov 22, 2010. As others have shared, it's good to connect with those in this age range. My surgery was successful with no complaints. After 5 fills now, I am beginning to feel significant restriction. I need to get back to exercising and I know the weight will come off even faster. I do not regret one bit my choice and am happy to be feeling much healthier!!! No more high blood pressure, my knees feel better as well as my lower back!!! :)

I am 63 and still going thru all the pre-testing. The latest hang-up has been an elevated "para-thyroid intact" which has to do with my kidneys and perhaps could effect food absorbtion. It has been very frustrating but I have a multitude of health issues. I keep hearing how successful others have been and just hope and pray that I will soon be able to add my successes withall of you. Glad to hear that there were no complications. Keep up the good work. Have added some extra vit D and will have repeat lab work in Sept. I sure hope to have surg by Oct-Nov.

MommaB,

Any update on your progress and journey? Are you closer to a surgery date yet?

JaGo

I am 63 and still going thru all the pre-testing. The latest hang-up has been an elevated "para-thyroid intact" which has to do with my kidneys and perhaps could effect food absorbtion. It has been very frustrating but I have a multitude of health issues. I keep hearing how successful others have been and just hope and pray that I will soon be able to add my successes withall of you. Glad to hear that there were no complications. Keep up the good work. Have added some extra vit D and will have repeat lab work in Sept. I sure hope to have surg by Oct-Nov.

Hi:

YAY 4 U!!!!!

Hi Everyone, this is great! I turned sixty this year and I have been going through this procedure to get the lap-band since August 2010. Only because my insurance required this amount of time. However, I am schedule for surgery this Friday, November 11, 2011. I have mix feelings of excitment and confusion. It is nice to connect with people my age and comforting. Keep me in prayer as I am a great believer in Jesus Christ to all those who believe in the power of prayer!!!! :)