Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DO YOU TAKE DIET pills? IF SO WHAT KIND ARE YOU TAKING?

If pills worked would we have gotten WLS? :blink:

:( Family doctor prescribed some, no weight loss.

some people try several methods at a time not just one. so i am asking to see if people do

If pills worked would we have gotten WLS? :blink:

some people try several methods at a time not just one. so i am asking to see if people do

Using any kind of diet "pills" or appetite suppressant supplementation is a very bad idea.

Some of them are able to supress the appetite in SOME people, for a short period of time. Then they lose their effectiveness.

They can mess with your metabolism. They can alter your mood (and often not in a GOOD way).

Stay away from the diet pills or anything like them. You need to devote all of your time and energy into making the Lap band work for you, in the RIGHT way. There is NO long term (or even short-term) beneft that can be derived from using appetite suppressants. And, they could possibly create some problems with your metabolism that will make losing weight difficult, even with the Lap band.

S.

Right now I am taking Phentermine as an additional tool. I take them under my Drs care and so far it has been very helpful for me.I have taken them in the past and fortunatly never had any side effects. It gives me the extra control I need as I practice new eating techniques.

Good luck getting all the help you need during your weight loss journey. :D

Ally

I USED TO TAKE THAT AND IT WORKED WONDERFUL FOR ME BUT MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS UP SO THEY TOOK ME OFF THEM MY MIND ALWAYS THINKS OF food AND THAT WAS THE ONLY PILL EVER TO STOP ME THINKING OF food

Right now I am taking Phentermine as an additional tool. I take them under my Drs care and so far it has been very helpful for me.I have taken them in the past and fortunatly never had any side effects. It gives me the extra control I need as I practice new eating techniques.

Good luck getting all the help you need during your weight loss journey. :D

Ally

Please, Don't take them!!!!! I was on phentermine on and off for over 17 years! and I am 36 yrs. old. Sure, I kept my weight down while I was taking them, I had a ton of energy, and they supressed my appetite, but they are REALLY REALLY bad for you. Once you stop taking them, you feel like a bus hit you, then your metabolIism is completely screwed up, you are really hungry, and you gain a ton of weight. I know from 1st hand expierence. I decided last year that I needed to stop being a slave to the diet pills (also my blood pressure was getting worse) and I decided to stop taking them, Well I gained over 50lbs in about 4 months. Seriously. and i felt like crap because I didn't have the kick from the pills anymore and my metabolism is so messed up. They are so not worth the little bit of weight loss that you might get in the beginning, becuase in the long haul, you will wish you never ever took them! Phentermine is the crack of all diet pills!

My doc gave ne Adiphex to get more pounds off. I only take 1/2 a day. Gives me a boost (small) and helps me tons

I USED TO TAKE THAT AND IT WORKED WONDERFUL FOR ME BUT MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS UP SO THEY TOOK ME OFF THEM MY MIND ALWAYS THINKS OF food AND THAT WAS THE ONLY PILL EVER TO STOP ME THINKING OF food

Have you ever tried Welbutrin? It's not a diet pill, it is a depression med but it controlled my appetite well. It also is sometimes used to help people quit smoking. I can't remember the details but something about the mind/mouth connection is dulled and oral sensations like smoking kind of become forgotten. I forgot to eat many times when I was on Welbutrin.

YEAH I AM ON WELLBUTRIN NOW IT DOES GIVE ME ENERGY NOT TOO MUCH ON THE APPETITE THING THOUGH

Have you ever tried Welbutrin? It's not a diet pill, it is a depression med but it controlled my appetite well. It also is sometimes used to help people quit smoking. I can't remember the details but something about the mind/mouth connection is dulled and oral sensations like smoking kind of become forgotten. I forgot to eat many times when I was on Welbutrin.

I take a supplement called 5-HTP. It's a precursor to serotonnin and is thought to help with mood and is a very mild appetite suppressant. I think it helps a little. I take it three times a day.

I found that by getting the carbs out of my system, the hunger went away...but the desire didn't. I was still counting down the minutes until my next meal. So, based on Dr. Bernstein's "Diabetic Solution", I found a reputable supplier of Hoodia since he said it works to suppress this desire in 65% of his patients. Skeptically, I ordered a 2 month supply (wanting to give it plenty of time). After taking it for about a week or more, I have to say it really works for me but I'm still going to hold judgment for another 2 months since this may just be a fluke.

As many have said before, it's too bad we can't get our brains banded. Talk to normal weight people and they aren't thinking about food 24/7. There's something going on in some of our brains...faulty wiring?...and the band doesn't help with that. I know because it didn't help with mine.

I don't know much about all the appetite suppressants out there, so I'll only say that before you take one, research it...thoroughly. Some have some serious side effects.

I work in Radio and about 2 months before my surgery was offered an endorsement of a new diet pill... it would have been good money and potential weight loss, but my surgeon said NO. I left it at that. I'd ask your surgeon about it, if they're ok with pills they'll either prescribe them for you or suggest one they have seen results with.

I'm not sure if other people are against this or not, while I don't take it for dieting, I take an ephedra pill right before I work out. Just to get my heart rate up a little more to burn more calories. The bottle says take 2-3 a day, like I said I only take one rightbefore I work out and it gets my HR up a little higher. I had tried a different one prior to thif