Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

confession- I ate a mini cupcake :-(

I'm in the "mushies" phase and ate a mini cupcake :-( They were for the kids and I just HAD to have one! ugh... now I feel awful. The guilt. I've been doing so good! Why won't the sweet tooth go away!? Some say you lose interest in sweets...... I don't know if I ever will. Its going to be such a challenge!!! Any suggestions on how to get rid of this desire for sweets???

Oh my goodness! I could have written this post. Before being banded I was not much of a sweet tooth. But, I have found I can get almost any sweet down! At least it was a mini cupcake! That in itself it self control! :lol: Oh, someone on here posted to get rid of any beverages like Crystal Light as they have some sweetener that makes you crave sweets. Since giving that up and drinking only Water, I have kept cravings to a minimum. Also, I log EVERYTHING I eat on myfitnesspal.com even if it is a bite so I will hold myself accountable.

I did the same thing I got my surgery on the 20th of April and have already eaten a thin crust slice of pizza not once but twice. Tonight for dinner I had a chicken breast w/sauce and fat free ricotta cheese. I was full but 3 hours later ready to snack. I needed to put myself in check.

I didnt do this surgery for nothing. So no more pizza at least for a while.

But I did feel the guilt and was reminded buy friends to get back on the train.

Keep your chin up :)

For me, the sweet tooth has never gone away! I battle it every day. But at least I am not fighting hunger at the same time.

Forgive yourself, but be mindful, the calories can quickly add up. This journey is a marathon, not a sprint, you will make mistakes along the way. Learn from them. Don't just give up. Become stronger. You can win the war.

My sweet tooth went away. I was really surprised because my family is big on sweets.

However my sweet head has not gone away. I don't live in a place were certain sweets ( "western" sweets like cadbury) are around so when I go to places that have these sweets ( Canada, US, South Africa etc) my sweet "head" takes over and I just eat and eat the sweets! They don't even taste as good as I remember but in my head I "want" them because I can't get them where I live....

*sigh* we just cant win.

Don't feel guilty though, you have realized your mistakes, admitted it and now its time to move on and eat right :)

thank you all so much for you input and encouraging words. I don't know why but its been a rough few days. I think ....no... I know I'm sad because the rapid weight loss has come to a screeching halt all of the sudden. I'm walking between 2 and 5 miles a day but that saps up most of my energy so I struggle the rest of the day just to make it w/ 2 young kids, etc.... I think exhaustion and feelings of depression kind of spark that NEED for sugar. I know there's a certain hormone or chemical that is produced in the brain when we eat sugar that gives us that temporary "feel good" kind of feeling and so we seek it when we're tired, sad, stressed..... basically what I am every day! ha ha I just wish I could turn it OFF. I've GOT to get my energy back and out of the house so I'm not staring at the fridge and cabinets thinking about food! When I go go go I dont' think about it at all...in fact I have to REMEMBER to eat. grrrrrr I just need to tell the family (kids) sorry... all treats must remain OUT of the house for a while until mommy gets stronger.

You don't say how old your kids are, but you can look at it as being a good example to them. Treats have their place, but they don't need to be a part of their every day diet. It can start as you asking them to help support you in being healthier by getting them out of your house. Then perhaps you can all work on not needing them around at all!

As you heal from the surgery your energy will get better. If you are on mushies, your surgery had to have been fairly recent. Perhaps 5 miles a day is too much? Healing takes time!

My sweet tooth is much better than it used to be. I don't have to run into a convenience store on my way home to buy candy anymore. I still do have sweets on occasion and I'm fine with that decision. The lap band is a lifestyle change, not a permanent diet, so if I feel like having a sliver of cake at a birthday party or something, I'm going to. I just don't crave it like I used to. There are bags of Peanut Butter candy in the pantry that have been there for over a month along with boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. I haven't touched them and don't really care to. Pre-banding I would have demolished them in a few days.

The lap band has taught me that food is fuel, and I need to put the right stuff in my body to nourish it and keep healthy. The more you focus on getting in Protein rich foods to meet your daily goal, the less room there is for sugar. I never thought I would be saying that but for me it's true now. It will get better for you too!

Jeeze....a mini cupcake...seriously nothing to get crazy over.

My sweet tooth is much better than it used to be. I don't have to run into a convenience store on my way home to buy candy anymore. I still do have sweets on occasion and I'm fine with that decision. The lap band is a lifestyle change, not a permanent diet, so if I feel like having a sliver of cake at a birthday party or something, I'm going to. I just don't crave it like I used to. There are bags of Peanut Butter candy in the pantry that have been there for over a month along with boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. I haven't touched them and don't really care to. Pre-banding I would have demolished them in a few days.

The lap band has taught me that food is fuel, and I need to put the right stuff in my body to nourish it and keep healthy. The more you focus on getting in Protein rich foods to meet your daily goal, the less room there is for sugar. I never thought I would be saying that but for me it's true now. It will get better for you too!

I'm lucky, no children so I don't have the stuff in the house. I'm fine as long as it is not there. My little nephew (5) spent the weekend. Cheeto's and mini cupcakes. Uff... sometimes I am so dumb. Sad thing is he loves good Snacks too, oranges, strawberry's. I think I just gave myself an excuse to eat cupcakes!!! But... Monday was a new day, I forget about it and move on.

I don't have a sweet tooth I have sweet TEETH!

Ditto what Denise said...move past it, be mindful, and remember we CAN have occasional treats. Just try to be aware of when it's a choice so you don't feel guilty. ;) Denise worded it way better than me. :lol: