Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disappointment and Confusion creeping in...HELP.

Hey everyone -

Hope you are well and healthy first and foremost.

So here I am - 17 days after my surgery and I have lost 6 lbs - Im totally getting freaked out that Im doing something wrong.

I am not getting this "i took two bites and full" feeling - that others seem to have. When Its time for me to eat - im eating all my food and sometimes thinking whats next or how to make it better.

Im currently on Phase 2 of the diet - mushy/puree's : which has me freaked out that i wont lose anymore weight on.

Im starting to feel helpless - especially with my cycle around the corner , im craving everything and disappointed im not losing weight..

im praying that a fill will fix this..

so my thing is : What was the avg weight loss for you guys during the post op diets and how did you keep from the cravings?

I haven't been banded yet, but here is what everyone else has been saying:

you are only 17 days post op, this time isn't really for losing weight, it's a time for your body to heal. you might even gain weight if you have gone from a liquids diet to a mushy and then solid stage. just use this time to really chew things and heal up. you won't get that "full" feeling until after your 1st fill. most people say they don't get it until their 3rd fill. so just keep doing what you are doing, keep a food journal, walk as much as you can until cleared for exercise and keep trucking. you are doing what you should be doing.

17 pounds is good to me - they say a pound or 2 a week is perfect. As far as not being "full" remember you haven't been filled yet so getting to that spot may be more difficult. Make sure you are having plenty of Protein, that will help (I drank slim-fast shakes) - I know that even when I was on mushy's (I lived on mashed potato) I had a lot of trouble with the full part - it usually took me 1/4 to 1/2 cup to be full. I have had 3 fills now and I do get full

Also, I have found that sticking to that not drinking for an hour (or as close as you can) after you eat is KEY!! Drinking pushes the food through your band and you will be hungrier faster...

Hope this helps...

I lost 4 pounds between my surgery and post op visit 4 weeks later. I was prepared and aware that it was not going to be a huge loss because they had already told me that. I am glad I did not find this website until a couple of months after my surgery because it would have been a big disappointment seeing a few people that was losing major pounds right after surgery. Then, after I did a little research I noticed that some people didn't do the liquid diet until they had the surgery; so their Water weight didn't come off until then which made it look like they was losing more after surgery but me on the other hand lost 13 pounds in 4 days right before my surgery so my body had already had it's shock of liquids. You are doing just fine and keep up the good work!

As long as you are following the regulated diet by your doctor and nutritionist I would not worry about the weight loss after just 17 days. The first 4 weeks are generally all about healing. The more Protein and Water you intake the faster you will heal and flush out the bad stuff.

Everyone is different and will lose at different levels so there is no way to say how much you should lose or expect to lose. The doctor says an average of 2lbs a week is ideal. If you lost 6lbs already you are doing better than 2lbs a week. Congratulations.

weight.png

I suggest using an online tool or app to track your calories and Protein intake every day. It'll confirm with you that you're doing the right thing and you need to just keep going. I'm where you are- on mushies and getting hungry pretty quickly. It SUCKS! Please know that others feel your pain!

Follow the diet that your Dr. gave you. The weight loss is right in there at 1-2 lbs. a week. Protein kills hunger.

Remember that. So the more protein you eat the less you should be hungry 60-80. a day for a woman is recommended.

So in your Mushie stage, eat Proteins, including shakes.< /p>

Your doing fine.

I found the mushie stage to be extremely hard to continue dropping lbs after the liquid phase. I realized quickly I needed low calorie Snacks like yogurt and string cheese. Otherwise the mushies are very carb or calorie heavy. I also reincorporated my Protein Shakes back in. Def get an app for your phone. I use tap and track on the iPhone. If I stay between 1200 - 1400 calories a day, the scale goes down. Losing weight is like snowflakes... no two people are alike.

I think you are doing great. I agree with the others, be certain you are getting at least 60 grams of Protein daily. I didn't start losing much until I reached the right fill amount which took 3 fills.

Hang in there, Joan

I lost 4 pounds between my surgery and post op visit 4 weeks later. I was prepared and aware that it was not going to be a huge loss because they had already told me that. I am glad I did not find this website until a couple of months after my surgery because it would have been a big disappointment seeing a few people that was losing major pounds right after surgery. Then, after I did a little research I noticed that some people didn't do the liquid diet until they had the surgery; so their Water weight didn't come off until then which made it look like they was losing more after surgery but me on the other hand lost 13 pounds in 4 days right before my surgery so my body had already had it's shock of liquids. You are doing just fine and keep up the good work!

Oh it is so good to finally hear someone who said they had a small weigh loss from surgery to first fill. I lost around 19 lbs preop, 10 day liquid diet, and none since. I'm 3 weeks out. Thank goodness I haven't gained anyback though.

/weight-loss-[link=http://www.weight-loss-center.nettools.html]Weight Loss Calculator[/link] and Diet Tools at Weight Loss Center

[link=http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers.html][image noborder]http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers/uploads/tickers/c13104af23b9307.png[/image][/link]

Hey everyone -

Hope you are well and healthy first and foremost.

So here I am - 17 days after my surgery and I have lost 6 lbs - Im totally getting freaked out that Im doing something wrong.

I am not getting this "i took two bites and full" feeling - that others seem to have. When Its time for me to eat - im eating all my food and sometimes thinking whats next or how to make it better.

Im currently on Phase 2 of the diet - mushy/puree's : which has me freaked out that i wont lose anymore weight on.

Im starting to feel helpless - especially with my cycle around the corner , im craving everything and disappointed im not losing weight..

im praying that a fill will fix this..

so my thing is : What was the avg weight loss for you guys during the post op diets and how did you keep from the cravings?

myfitnespal.com is a good site, and it's free !

It will look up your foods and you put them in your daily log. Your calories, Protein, and more are calculated.

It helps keep you in check as to where you are with calories, and Protein.< /p>

It keeps your journal in the computer.

I now use this site.

Calorie King is a calorie counter site, so you can look up your foods and find the calories and protein, then Journal it on paper.

I used that for almost 5 years. It's still a good site.