Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello,

I am 4 months post banding & I was massaging my abdomen today (yes, I have IBS it helps sometime) and I felt this hard lump about the size of a ping pong ball maybe...it is not as defined as a ping pong ball though....

I was really worried so I asked my mom to feel it cuz she is a nurse & she said she could feel it...but then she noticed that it was directly under one of my laproscopic incisions, which led her to strongly believe it was scar tissue and not something "bad", then again she did admit that is what she wanted to belieive, but that she did really think that was what it was....& if it had not been right under the incsision she would have been way more concerned...

just curious....has anyone (esp. with sensitive skin) had a buildup of scar tissue below an incision post op? I dont know if it has been there all along & I just didn't notice it, or if it just "appeared"

thanks in advance!!

Are you sure this isn't your port?

hello,

I am 4 months post banding & I was massaging my abdomen today (yes, I have IBS it helps sometime) and I felt this hard lump about the size of a ping pong ball maybe...it is not as defined as a ping pong ball though....

I was really worried so I asked my mom to feel it cuz she is a nurse & she said she could feel it...but then she noticed that it was directly under one of my laproscopic incisions, which led her to strongly believe it was scar tissue and not something "bad", then again she did admit that is what she wanted to belieive, but that she did really think that was what it was....& if it had not been right under the incsision she would have been way more concerned...

just curious....has anyone (esp. with sensitive skin) had a buildup of scar tissue below an incision post op? I dont know if it has been there all along & I just didn't notice it, or if it just "appeared"

thanks in advance!!

Sounds like your port to me.

It's your port..lol

Once I got a fill, my port was round like a ping pong ball, too! Mine, also, sticks out when I am in the swimming pool. Its kinda funny.

It sounds like your port to me as well. Mine is right above my belly-button and I can feel it and it is round and hardish. Next time you see your surgeon ask him where your port is

I have had my band a year and fell that "ball" sometimes more then others. Seems like when I vomit it sticks out more. I now feel a puinching sensation for the 1st time Any one else who can identify?

A pinching where? At your port? I only know mine is there when one of my kids jams it with their knee by accident. But I can easily feel it now that I have lost some weight

That's your PORT ! I have scar tissue over my Port (IT'S ALMOST 5 YRS. OLD THOUGH), but still it can be accessed for a fill or unfill.

If you really want to know, go in for FLUORSCOPE, and it will show the entire band, and PORT.

Also very easy for them to fill this way.

It's def not my port..... I can feel my port also though...it is a good inch and a half above my port...I can still see the mark from the needle where she filled me on Monday.

It's def not my port..... I can feel my port also though...it is a good inch and a half above my port...I can still see the mark from the needle where she filled me on Monday.

Then for sure go in for fluoroscope, (like a x-ray for band)

They will see what it is, and you will see your whole band on screen.

did u ask when you were getting your fill what it was? the port is pretty big - even when I get a fill the needle mark is prob in the middle of my port so there is room on either side that is still the port. I would call and ask the dr