Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am like 6 weeks post opp . no fill yet but, i feel like i am not doing something wrong. 29 pounds total and only 7 of that in the last 2-3 weeks. what am i doing wrong

You seem to be doing great. I've been losing 5-7 pounds a month since my surgery in December and my doctors are very happy with it, they say I'm right on track. Slow weight loss is the way to go! Of course I would love to lose much faster but weightloss is weightloss and I'm happy with things so far. Some of us are just a little faster than others. From snooping around the site it seems those that have alot more weight (100lbs+) to lose seem to be the ones losing the fastest, that's just what I've noticed, but that's not everyone. Every Body is different and the rate you are losing is right on point, you are doing better than I am! Good luck to you!

I dont know how you could think that losing almost 30 pounds in 6 weeks could possibly be bad.....THATS AWESOME!!!

I am 4 weeks out and have only lost 17 lbs. I lost those the first three weeks then nothing. I guess that's over 3 lb per week, but the last week of nothing has been hard.

I think the frustration and questions come up after the initial rush of rapid weight lost after getting banded, only to have things slow down to a crawl after that. For me, it was when I went back on solid foods, at the three week post-op mark. (I did three full weeks of liquids post-op.) It took awhile for my system to finish healing up, and my metabolism to decide I wasn't trying to starve it. Once it did that, the weight loss started moving again. It's been pretty steady since then.

The trick for me was deciding how my body reacts to diet changes and exercise. I've learned SO MUCH about my own metabolism through this, and it sure makes sense to me. Now I think i understand how I gained all that weight, a pound or two at a time over all those years, and now i'm seeing it all go away, a pound or two at a time. No complaints from me, just wish I could control the speed of my weight loss.

Hang in there, follow your surgeon's advice, and give yourself time to adjust to things. You'll continue to lose, just like everyone else. Just be aware that periodic plateaus are a normal part of your system adjusting to your new life.

Good luck!

Dave

Sounds to me like you are doing fine. We all think we need to do more than we are. I was averaging 5-10 lbs per month (1-2 a week) for quite awhile so it sounds to me like you are doing great. If you want to increase your weight loss, drop your calories down - but remember to take in enough Protein or you can start to lose hair (it happened to me). I average around 800 calories a day and have lost 80 lbs since being banded June 8, 2010.

Dave, I think you are right on target with my slowing corresponding to going on solid foods. I'm just feel like I have made such a commitment with the surgery, and I want results yesterday. I know they will come but it's hard to wait :)

muaraclegg - you are right, too. I need to drop my calories and get to the gym. I can do the eliptical for a whole 30 minuites without feeling near death. That is a feat for me!

I need to adopt the snail attitude...steady and slow.

Thanks folks.

muaraclegg - you are right, too. I need to drop my calories and get to the gym. I can do the eliptical for a whole 30 minuites without feeling near death. That is a feat for me!

bel;e - I am envious that you can do the elliptical that long. I tried the gym and even have a treadmill in my basement, but I get BORED!! I walk 3 miles as many times a week as I can, plus I do some exercise vids I found OnDemand. But I am in a slow spot in my weight loss now and it is annoying to me... I need to boost my metabolism.... someone recommended I try and fool it by upping my calories for a day or too and then dropping then back down (prob not the healthiest), I am trying that today.. going to drop back down on Sunday to my normal 600-800. Also drink plenty of Water - I think I lose more when I drink more Water. Unfortunately I am a diet coke - aholic. I can't drink it from a can or bottle anymore so I allow myself a fountain soda every day - if I don't have it in the house I freak, if it's here I can drink water all day and it won't bother me,

I've lost the same amount as you in the same time period. My doctor was very pleased with my progress even though I haven't been, so that was encouraging. You're doing great!