Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, yes!!! I had my surgery on 5th December performed by him. He was really lovely!!! But I am still waiting on my adjustment by a surgeon in Glasgow, Scotland which is taking too long!!!So am considering going back to see Dr Focquet when he comes to London!!

What have you heard??

Justine

Hi

I have not heard anything. I just looked on a website and it said he was the surgeon. When i looked on his references and testimonials they all looked great. I was just concerned about going to another country to get it done in case it didn't work. especially if I am paying all that money. Would you recommend him?? Is it painful?? Have you lost any weight yet??

Hi

yes I would recommend him, he was really lovely and really put me at ease. I wasn't in any pain at all, there were 3 of us getting it done the same day, and we were all up and walking about after it. I have not felt any pain at all since the op, all I can feel is the portal which he placed just under my breast bone. It's not pain as such, I just am aware it's there, if it makes any sense. In 2 weeks liquid diet I lost about 1 stone, but since waiting for a fill I have put on about 5 lbs of it and am getting worried as not heard from the surgeon in Glasgow, that dr Focquet said I could use.

I also seen the Tv programme, but the woman did not seem that committed to me, and I don't know why she was going to Belgium for the fills anyway, as he performs them all in London.

If you want my advice, I would say go for it. All you have to lose is weight!!!

Where are you from, by the way?

Justine

Hi

Am from Bradford in West Yorkshire, just near Leeds.

Can I ask where you heard about him from, and who if anyone you went through. I heard about it through ezylea (think you spell it like that)

Hi,

yes I did quite a lot of investigating first and went for a consultation through Transform medical in Manchester, but the prices were double!! I found Elyzea on the web, and got in touch with them as their prices were so much cheaper. They were also really nice to talk to and arranged everything. They sent me a few Hotel names and I contacted and arranged this. I stayed at the Irma De Vos Hotel which is apparently quite a popular place to stay in Belgium when coming for surgery, as I said all 3 of us were staying there, and we all got driven to the Hospital and collected by the staff. It was overall a really good experience, I just desperately need my fills now!!!!

Justine

do you need a fill after about 4-5 weeks then?? i think i am definately going to go for it. Do they tell you to take Vitamins. I already have a really poor diet. However looking on the website it says about meat and fish, but i have been a vegetarian (who doesnt like vegetables) for 11 years. When you need a fill does that mean you can eat more??. Have you been waiting a long time??. Do they provide you with people near who can do the fills??

I will ask all these questions at the consultation, however I think if you ask someone who has been through it you will get more of an honest answer

Hiya,

they say you should have a fill about 4-6 weeks after your surgery, generally you can begin to eat more, and i definitely think my swelling subsided after the 2 weeks too. I had my surgery on 5th December, and Dr Focquet gave me a list of local surgeons in Britain, so naturally I contacted the Glasgow one as I live in Scotland. I have been chasing him up but have had no word yet!! I think there were other ones in Sheffield and Manchester too, as well as London.

Dr Focquet told me you could begin to take Vitamins after about the 2 weeks post op when your swelling should subside, I have been taking Omega 3, Vitamin C and a Multi-Vit.

They say the Protein is the best to eat, but you being a vegetarian could get this from Protein Drinks, you get them in the Health food shops.

Does this help at all?

Hi, No, of course not, please do!!! It is good to talk to someone about it.

You can always e-mail me if you don't want to go through the forum.

Good luck tomorrow, it's a really positive step, so go for it!!!!

Let me know how you get on.

Hi

Can anyone tell me does the price you pay Elyzea include everything. They are offering the band for 3700 does this include the pre op blood test and then the follow up fills or are each fill paid seperately and if so how much are they?

Many Thanks

Hi,

the price of 3700 by Elyzea includes the the operation but not the fills. If done by Dr Focquet they are about £50 - £80, but if done by another local surgeon to you, they can be anything up to £250.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I've just booked a consultation with Dr Focquet. He is registered with the British GMC and also does consultations in London. This is a big plus as it means i will meet the surgeon & talk it over before travelling/ effectively committing myself.

Dr Focquet comes to London once or twice a month for fills and post=op care, wich is another huge boon. He is now independent of Elyzea (but clcilling his commitments by operating htrough them until May, i believe). I contacted him through www.gastricband.org - they run the London side of things and seem nice so far.

Has anyone heard of Dr Focquet from Brussels/ Belgium.

I am seriously considering having my procedure done with him. Any feedback PLEASE.

i hope you went through with the surgery,i have just come back from belguim after having my band fitted on 22nd march 06,dr focquet was lovely,the only pain is a ache feeling in my side as i had mine put through the flack(dont know what that means really but all is ok) just started on liquids ie freshly squeezed oranges,slimfast, mulli lights,40 cal hot chocolate,will let you know how i lose in the next few months.

25/03/06