Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fellow Bandmates,

I love food and at one time food was my friend and for the last month I feel that I have not been loyal to this friend that is also my enemy. I have used and abused food in the past and it has taunted me. Any way, it has been one week since my surgery and I am not hungry, I have to force myself to drink and today I had my first taste of Tomato Soup. I have found my self thinking of recipes and just dreaming of food. My DH is very supportive and he dreams along with me. I can't explain the sadness that comes over me when I go by my favorite restaurant and just trying to imagine, "what will I eat the next time I go back?" I day dream about the flavors of food. I am not hungry at all but it seems that food is always on my mind. I am happy to say that I have thought of ways to make my diet alot more healthy and I am anxious to start over with food. To restart this brand new relationship with food and recognize my hunger and fullness. No more chili cheese fries, Cheesburgers, and double/triple portions. Food Fantasies? I just know I am not the only one.

FeFe

The only food I really truly miss so far is big burgers from Jack in the Box & Wendy's ... and I know the bun would be a no-go. My substitute so far has been well seasoned turkey burger patties using crisp lettuce as the "bun." also the occasional boca burger ("chicken" substitute or mushroom burger patty with some cheese melted on top)

I know in time I can still have very small portions of my favorites but mentally it's too soon for me to do too much fantasizing :(

And on that note I think I'll make turkey burger patties for dinner.

I'm one month shy from being 1 year post-op. The first week post-op all I could do was think boutfood, watch the food network and look at recipes online! I was obsessed - I think it was the liquid diet that got me going mad! Good news is that it went away! Hang in there!

Rebecca

Bless your heart! I've been banded for five months and know exactly how you feel. food was once my best friend too. Many a days were spent on this computer searching for recipes that I could eat when I went to solids. I even copied them and altered them as needed. Ugh! Now, I try to keep my mind off of food by exercising or doing housework. Since the weather has been nice, I've worked in the yard a lot.

Regardless, I do dream about food. There are so many tasty meals that I miss. So many, that I'm really not sure what I would eat first if I was able!

Hello Fellow Bandmates,

I love food and at one time food was my friend and for the last month I feel that I have not been loyal to this friend that is also my enemy. I have used and abused food in the past and it has taunted me. Any way, it has been one week since my surgery and I am not hungry, I have to force myself to drink and today I had my first taste of Tomato Soup. I have found my self thinking of recipes and just dreaming of food. My DH is very supportive and he dreams along with me. I can't explain the sadness that comes over me when I go by my favorite restaurant and just trying to imagine, "what will I eat the next time I go back?" I day dream about the flavors of food. I am not hungry at all but it seems that food is always on my mind. I am happy to say that I have thought of ways to make my diet alot more healthy and I am anxious to start over with food. To restart this brand new relationship with food and recognize my hunger and fullness. No more chili cheese fries, Cheesburgers, and double/triple portions. Food Fantasies? I just know I am not the only one.

FeFe

I MISS DOUGHNUTS, banana SPLITS, CAKE, NOW HAMBURGERS ,FRENCH FRIES

YEAH I HAVE A ADDICTION. food NEVER TELLS ME I AM FAT. food THERE WHEN MY HUSBAND IS DEPLOYED,

DAMN YOU FOOD FOR TASTING SO DAMN GOOD

:DThanks everybody for making me laugh and also know that I am not the only one who has food fantasies. This week I am missing Taco Bell, the Grilled stuft burrito. And from Moes Southwest Grill, the big bowl of nachos and cheese. But you know what, I dont feel compelled to cheat and sabatoge my weight loss. I made a decision and I am sticking to it!

Happy Weight loss everyone.

FeFe

:Banane03: absolutely not, ever watched 4 hours or more in a row of the cooking channel?

i used to wath it everyday all day i <3 the food channel

:Banane03: absolutely not, ever watched 4 hours or more in a row of the cooking channel?