Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to say that each day that goes by and im closer to may 4th, i realize how much im freaking out. I had seen on here that someone had suggested to see a video of the surgery on you tube. I did that last night, and saw two very different cases. One the girl looks great now a little over a year after her surgerfy, though many complication with plastic surgery, and the other got pregnant just 5 or 6 short weeks after being banded. I have to admit that getting pregnant with the band was one of my concerns, but after seing her journey through it all that doesnt concern me as much.

There are a few things that are going through my head and i cant seem to shake it. One is the post surgery, because i am almost 300 lbs, i am afraid of extra skin. Has anyone had this problem? if not any suggestions on how to help avoid it? the other thing i keep wondering about is, i love certain types of food and drinks, for example coffee, ice cream, soda and Pasta. im afraid i wont be able to enjoy them anymore. any inputs?

i have no input really, but my surgery is also may 4th and i am freaking out right along with you. i weigh quite a bit more than you, so if there is saggy skin, i'm gonna be lugging that around. i have some of those same fears, but my main fear is what happens after this band is in me for 10 or 15 years...fears about having to have it replace, or fears of it not working.

anyway, sorry i have nothing to add, but I am definitely in the same boat with you. currently, i'm having a bunch of "last suppers", eating things i'm not going to get to eat for a while. each bite makes me feel more and more like a death row inmate. :rolleyes:

As far as skin goes, I think everyone is unique in that way. I have a friend who did lose about 150 pounds, maybe more and she has excess skin now. Another friend lost about 100 pounds and does not. Age probably plays a big role in that too--excercise as well as it helps tone.

As far as foods go, I still enjoy coffee, Pasta, all of the items you stated. There's not really anything I CAN'T eat, but some foods cause stuck episodes. Even then, it's not every time I eat that particular food, it just depends if I didn't chew enough, time of day or month, etc. But your fill maintenance can help you keep on track with that too. For most people it doesn't effect them to a point that they regret the procedure.

Hope this info helps :)

thank you. i think i actually posted on one of ur topics too... I am doing the same thing eating a bunch of stuff i prob wont be able to... Thank u for ur input either way.. i think u would agree that any suggestion, opinion at this point is a form of support. good luck :rolleyes:

i have no input really, but my surgery is also may 4th and i am freaking out right along with you. i weigh quite a bit more than you, so if there is saggy skin, i'm gonna be lugging that around. i have some of those same fears, but my main fear is what happens after this band is in me for 10 or 15 years...fears about having to have it replace, or fears of it not working.

anyway, sorry i have nothing to add, but I am definitely in the same boat with you. currently, i'm having a bunch of "last suppers", eating things i'm not going to get to eat for a while. each bite makes me feel more and more like a death row inmate. :rolleyes:

yes, thank you. at this point every little bit counts. its good to know that i may not be as restricted as i thought

As far as skin goes, I think veryone is unique in that way. I have a friend who did lose about 150 pounds, maybe more and she has excess skin now. Another friend lost about 100 pounds and does not. Age probably plays a big role in that too--excercise as well as it helps tone.

As far as foods go, I still enjoy coffee, Pasta, all of the items you stated. There's not really anything I CAN'T eat, but some foods cause stuck episodes. Even then, it's not every time I eat that particular food, it just depends if I didn't chew enough, time of day or month, etc. But your fill maintenance can help you keep on track with that too. For most people it doesn't effect them to a point that they regret the procedure.

Hope this info helps :)

It's completely normal to freak out! I know I did. Good luck with everything!!

thank you... and how are you feeling post op?

It's completely normal to freak out! I know I did. Good luck with everything!!

Everyone is different right? Well the younger you are, the better chance your elasticity is still there in your skin. Which means with a lot of exercise it might get into shape. If not,,, and your Dr. says it is Medically Necessary, Ins. should cover it..

I am older, and elasticity is shot. Gravity long took over. So I guess it will be Medically Necessary for me.

I was banded on 4-12-11. I had to do a 3 week liquid diet I was 80% true to the liquid diet. I was also freaking out as well. I never ate anything but meat, bread and tators. I have lost 41lbs in the last 4 weeks. Dont look back just look at the out come in 12 months. I have always had the the little saying ( You have to give a little to get a little) I took it I would rather have a little extra skin and be healthy than not to be. Im still alittle sore but nothing to bad. I feel it is going to be the best thing I have ever done for my self. Keep your head up its not that bad. But everyone is different.

BG

thank you... and how are you feeling post op?

I feel great!! I had surgery on a Tuesday and by I'd say Friday I was feeling 85% normal. As of today I am well over a month banded and feeling great! You're going to do fine, good luck!!