Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Messed up first day of liquid diet.

I'm not supposed to have solids but I ate a can of chunk white tuna. Still just Protein and 900 calories instead of 800. How bad should I feel about it?

I'm not supposed to have solids but I ate a can of chunk white tuna. Still just Protein and 900 calories instead of 800. How bad should I feel about it?

Don't sweat the small stuff. Tomorrow is another day!!! Good luck!!!!

I cheated a couple times, and had the same thing--tuna. Don't sweat it, but try not to do it again. In addition to shrinking the liver, the diet is also so your stomach and bowels are quiet the day of surgery and they have to be emptied for that to happen :)

There are much worse things you could have cheated with than a can of tuna. :) Some people don't have to follow a liquid diet, just a low carb one which also shrinks the liver. So you didn't really do any damage, but try to keep to your doc's instructions!

I would nto feel bad about it all. My doctor told me to stick as close to the diet as possible but if I really needed to eat something, to keep it high in Protein and healthy like fruits and vegetables, no sugar. tuna is high in protein, so I would say you are just fine.

I'm not supposed to have solids but I ate a can of chunk white tuna. Still just protein and 900 calories instead of 800. How bad should I feel about it?

Thanks for the feedback. I lost 2 lbs. on that first day, so I guess the mess up wasn't that bad.

Just make sure you get right back on that liquid diet. No harm done, today is a new day! Good luck.

I have been doing really well and got so mad at myself last night because I wasn't really "hungry" but still added egg-drop into my chicken broth for dinner. Only one egg but still, did I really need it? I think it was psychological that "oh my gosh, I haven't eaten solid food for 48 hours...you have to eat something" - - I wasn't really hungry yet I did it! However, I think if you are within your calories, you should be fine. I'm probably putting myself into starvation mode because I don't even want to drink my Protein Shakes because the "hunger" has worn off and I really don't even want to drink anything ....which I know is bad. I wouldn't stress about eating though as long as you are within calories and not eating fast food hamburgers or something. I'd try to get back on track but wouldn't worry about the little stuff.....good luck.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I wish I could say that it was my only screw up. It seems like I end up having 1 meal of solid low carb food a day. Even with these lapses, i keep dropping the weight. I have to dial in some cardio and buckle down on this diet to meet my goal of going from 349 to 330 in the next 12 days.

I didn't have to do a liquid diet. That would have been soooooo hard. Good Work!

Yesterday was the first day that I didn't lose a lb. or more. I'm not having any hunger issues just habit issues. It is becoming clear that food is central to my entire social life. Every day of my 2 week liquid diet has included 1 low carb meal. Today I've had two including a large ceaser salad. But I did find a killer crossfit move called a "burpee" that I did a modified version of 20 times yesterday. Look it up on YouTube. It is intense. I felt so clear headed after doing as many as I could in a minute. Today I rode my bike for an hour and forty minutes on the beach. It was he'll but I felt better (though very achey after). Hope to make it the rest of the way on liquids and get the pounds dropping again.