Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is Anyone Else Tired All The Time?

I was banded on 2-11-11 and I have lost 31 pounds! While I am super-excited about the success I have experienced so far, I am puzzled about my energy level. When people ask me how much weight I have lost, their response is usually..."You must feel great and have so much energy". But.....I don't. I am actually more tired and lethargic than I was when I was carrying the extra weight. It is usually worse right after I eat a meal. I just feel like I need to lay down. I have been exercising regularly and sticking to all of the dietary rules, taking my Vitamins, etc.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced or is experiencing this. Thanks for your help!

I was banded on 2-11-11 and I have lost 31 pounds! While I am super-excited about the success I have experienced so far, I am puzzled about my energy level. When people ask me how much weight I have lost, their response is usually..."You must feel great and have so much energy". But.....I don't. I am actually more tired and lethargic than I was when I was carrying the extra weight. It is usually worse right after I eat a meal. I just feel like I need to lay down. I have been exercising regularly and sticking to all of the dietary rules, taking my Vitamins, etc.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced or is experiencing this. Thanks for your help!

I'm not even banded and it sounds like me! Get a blood test. I had a Vitamin deficiency. Never had a problem before but out of no where it hit me and persisted for like 6 mos. Recently found out about the deficiency, got a B12 shot, some pills and a Vit D prescription for 50,000UIs. check with your doc, u should be climbing the walls with energy IMO.

I was the exact same way after surgery, but it does get better. Your body is recovering and going through a lot of changes; hang in there! Exercise and time will give you your energy back. :)

I have been banded for quite some time and sometimes felt a ltitle tired but it never lasted long ( usually after a surgery).

However this last month I have been extremely tired, sleeping all the time etc. I thought it was because i was recovering from surgery but I happened to need a blood test done for a working visa and it turns out my Iron level was super low! 2 months ago it was at 12 ( healthy range 10-16) and right now it is 8.9! So thats why I am tired.

Maybe you are having the same problem with your Iron level?

Yep! Me too...I recommend the blood tests too...I just had mine taken on Friday, waiting for results. Hopefully something not to serious is found so I can get some energy back!!

am due to be banded in 5 days.very excited. i have been so so tired and put it down to being over weight and the heat.i started taking Iron tablets.within a few days i feel so much better.may be worth a check:-))

Yes I'm tired all the time but my excuse on top of being banded is I'm up everyday at 5:30am and usually not inot bed til 10:30pm some times later cuz I have 2

teenagers!! lol Hopefully life will settle down some in the future.

I'd visit your doc and ask for some general bloodwork to be done. I know that after six years of restricted diet - and I eat from all food groups with my band but just small amounts - and granted, cancer surgery and chemo, my Iron levels are rock bottom. And I feel like they are!

But you need to know if you've got deficiences so you can treat them specifically, not just go throwing money at every supplement under the sun.

I feel the same way, but as soon as I exercise, my energy is back! I had my Iron levels checked and they are good. I have my yearly physical in a week or so. I will see what he has to say

Been there too.. I am tired all the time... Got blood work everything looked good other then Iron. Been taking iron.. Isnt helping... PCP wants another sleep study done..