Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Excessive Belching

No matter how much I eat or what I eat, I have excessive belching afterwards.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have went thru 3 boxes of gas-x in the past week and a half.

LOL. Yeah, my kids think it is funny. Specially when I get the hiccups with it. My hubby also thinks it is funny. I have always prided myself on being one that did not belch or pass gas infront of anyone. LOL. That pride went out the window. LOL. Just starts to hurt after about an hour of constant belching. Just wondering if this is normal or does it mean something.

Omg YESSSS!! I was banded on March 24, and i swear i burp all day long.. when i wake up, if i have a sip of Water, if im watching tv.. honestly i think its really annoying... ive talked to some other bandsters and they say goes away.. but im almost 2 weeks out and im starting to give up hope

OMG me too!!!!! I have NEVER burped like this. It comes from way down deep!!! I was banded on March 25. I hope it goes away soon but I think we may have it forever!:(

OMG me too!!!!! I have NEVER burped like this. It comes from way down deep!!! I was banded on March 25. I hope it goes away soon but I think we may have it forever!:(

SERIOUSLY!!!! Im kind of getting embarressed because im at work and my co workers can even hear me now, even though im burping with my mouth closed... I dont know what else to do... Are you still on liquids??? I switch to mushy foods tomorrow so hopefully that helps

I am still belching. Getting better, but it still happens.

I had my 2nd fill a week ago and since fill have been belching a lot, not sure why all the belching now. What I've read says it is due to eating too fast, swallowing air, drinking too much tea, coffee.

I wasn't hungry at all after surgery, but as soon as I had the 1st fill it was like a switch went off and I was hungry and have had no problem eating anything I want. Yes, I can't eat as much without getting uncomfortable, thank goodness. I asked the P.A. who does my fill to give me a bigger fill but he said they don't like to do more than 1 1/2 cc on 1st and 2nd fill. I hope my 3rd fill helps more. I know it has to be in my head and that if I eat carbs, I'll crave carbs. I don't think I'm drinking enough Water so maybe that is my problem. I need to get myself back on track. I haven't really started working out either. I need to tell myself that I like to work out, that I have to work out if I want to win this war with myself. All I've done so far is buy a pair of sneakers. I'm sure they fit, if I would just put them on.

Sorry to tell you this but I had my surgery 15 months ago and I STILL belch.

Sorry to tell you this but I had my surgery 15 months ago and I STILL belch.

I had my surgery 3 yrs. ago and still belch. My gallbladder was removed due to belching and nothing,I still do!

Bella.

I had my 2nd fill a week ago and since fill have been belching a lot, not sure why all the belching now. What I've read says it is due to eating too fast, swallowing air, drinking too much tea, coffee.

I wasn't hungry at all after surgery, but as soon as I had the 1st fill it was like a switch went off and I was hungry and have had no problem eating anything I want. Yes, I can't eat as much without getting uncomfortable, thank goodness. I asked the P.A. who does my fill to give me a bigger fill but he said they don't like to do more than 1 1/2 cc on 1st and 2nd fill. I hope my 3rd fill helps more. I know it has to be in my head and that if I eat carbs, I'll crave carbs. I don't think I'm drinking enough Water so maybe that is my problem. I need to get myself back on track. I haven't really started working out either. I need to tell myself that I like to work out, that I have to work out if I want to win this war with myself. All I've done so far is buy a pair of sneakers. I'm sure they fit, if I would just put them on.

That is exactly how I am. I have been soooo hungry the past two weeks. I hate it. The scale goes down two pounds and up two pounds. I am not getting anywhere.

Reading your post, I had to double check and make sure I was not reading my own. LOL.

I do walk, not as much as I would like. I have a treadclimber but everytime I get on it my little ones start asking for stuff.

I go for my 2nd fill today. I hope they make it tighter. I had no problems the week before my first fill. It is like they took too much out.

I need to find someone close by that I can team up with.

I would like to go to the support groups, but they only have them once a month and it is not convienent. My husband works evening and I have 3 kids.

Looking for another group.

I wish you luck.