Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

am I in a size 22 when I've lost 80 lbs.?!?!? When I started this journey, I was wearing a 28 in pants and a 3x/4x top. Now, I am in a 22 pant and an XL top. It is so frustrating to work so hard and still have this belly in my way. Does anyone else have this problem?

Be patient..just because you're losing weight doesn't mean the fat is going to immediately diminish from your stomach area. Fat loss occurs wherever it wants. My stomach has been the last to go and I'm wearing size 2s down from size 20s. You'll get there. Be proud that you're wearing much smaller clothes already!

Oh how I hate my belly! For me it's my tops that are not going down in size like I want them to because of my "top" belly that just sits there all poochy and muffin-toppy even when I'm not wearing anything to cause a muffin top (lol).

I don't know about you, but when I was at my highest weight, I was wearing pants that were a size too small because I didn't want to go up to the next size (this was even more true of my tops). Plus, plus size pants are cut very generously so that it takes a long time to go from one size to the next in terms of pounds. I've found that as I've gotten smaller, I'm going through pants sizes quicker-- I practically skipped 14's into 12's and the other day I had a pair of 10's fit me out of the blue.

You will get there! Congratulations on your awesome loss of 80lbs gone!

Oh how I hate my belly! For me it's my tops that are not going down in size like I want them to because of my "top" belly that just sits there all poochy and muffin-toppy even when I'm not wearing anything to cause a muffin top (lol).

That cracked me up!

Yea I have bottom tummy problems too. :( It will go or at least get smaller in my next 30 pounds or so. I HOPE! Lol My upper body and legs look awesome! Wish my tummy and butt matched!

Hang in there we will get there some day!

I was just saying today to my sister that plus sizes have a huge jump between sizes. My sister can fit an 8 and a 10 in the same pant without much difference but when I was in a 22, a 24 was huge on me and a 20 was impossibly small.

Don't despair. You will start flying through sizes in no time.

when we have a lot of weight to lose it takes a LOT of weight lost to show... an average sized person can lose 10 lbs and everyone notices, clothes don't fit etc... with me it's about 40 lbs before people notice and I notice in my clothes...

I wear Spanx, it holds in your stomach very good. Also smoothes out your thighs and your back. Make sure you get the high waisted kind. I wear them all the time. I don't feel I jiggle as much.

I wear my Ardyss Body Magic - it smooths everything out, while reshaping the fat (like Jello in a mold) to give me the hourglass figure I never had. You can't buy them in stores, but there are folks that are distributors all over....or you can buy them on ebay! (I became a dealer so I could buy mine at cost) They are priceless - definately worth the money as they make your clothes fit better and support your back and improve your posture. I tell people wearing it makes me feel like a rock star LOL :lol: Sounds silly, but it is true. I don't leave home without it!

Kim

you need to concentrate on something besides your clothes.. you have lost 80 pounds be happy for that. I know its discouraging.. but you are doing a great job keep up the good work..

Oh yes... I hate that.. I have the thinnest legs now but still have a gut.. I image it will be the last thing to go.. We are about at t the same point size wise so I hope it will go soon.,. I could easily drop another size or 2 if it was not for my stomach in the way.,

am I in a size 22 when I've lost 80 lbs.?!?!? When I started this journey, I was wearing a 28 in pants and a 3x/4x top. Now, I am in a 22 pant and an XL top. It is so frustrating to work so hard and still have this belly in my way. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have lost about the same amount of weight and started in a size 30 pants and now in a size 20 but I mostly do leg work at the gym (elliptical and bike). My tops are still very large compared to my lower body. I went from a 34/36 top to a 26/28 now. Like your belly getting in the way my arms prevent me from getting in shirts that I could wear if I had normal size arms because the shirt fits everywhere else but the arms! I know its frustrating but eventually we will get there. I am getting my arms reduced when I get close to my goal though.

Depends on exercise and your body shape. I weigh 252 pounds and I wear a size 18 pants.. I've lost about 2-3 sizes on the top and bottom at 46 pounds down. I saw someone post just now they wear a size 22 pants and weigh 200 lbs.. so who knows!

Thank you all for your responses. It helps to hear what everyone is experiencing along the way. I do a hard core boot camp 3 times a week. It reminds me of the workouts they do on Biggest Loser. Then, I try to walk/jog on my off days. I've come to the conclusion that this belly is going to be the last to go. Unfortunately, it is what is keeping me in a larger size pants. Also, my pannus is terrible from my weight and three C-Sections......grr!

I would think you would be happy with that kind of weight loss??? Not far from 100LBS. Congratulations on a awesome job.

Fat Belly ! Well I have one too. But my arms are huge, legs are huge A** is huge, (I HATE THAT THE MOST) and face is fat.

I will take it off where ever I can get it, as long as it comes off.

I have noticed with surgery on the stomach, (LIKE GALLBLADER) you will forever be puffy there. Even my surgeon who did my Gallbladder told me when scar tissue sets in, it will always still be there as a belly.

If that's true, then I guess a Tummy Tuck is in my life somewhere.

Trust me your not alone on this,,,,, but just keep plugging along. Your doing a Wonderful job.:D

Shirley.

I too have the gut/ belly. I have lost 42 lb and am smaller all over, but could priv go down another pant size if my belly was smaller. But I just try to look at the positives of the weight loss and I do feel good all over in general. And I too wear Spanx to control the jiggle in certain clothes