Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its nice to see all the March banded people share stories. I like reading them and comparing and making sure im keeping up with everyone. I was banded March 25, and im down 23 lbs. I expected a little bit of better results, but ill take what i get. Ive had one fill which was last week (and to be quite honest i dont remember how much was inserted). Im just kinda confused because i still have no trouble with carbonated drinks, or any kind of foods. Im still able to eat without getting full with concerns me. Havent had food stuck in me or anything. Sometimes i wonder if the band is really inside me or if it was all a dream.

Hi Y&B,

I was also banded March 25th but I've already had 3 fills. So far I've lost 25 lbs. My first 2 fills didnt do anything and my last helped just a little but I can still eat 10-12oz . I was told this is normal and I wouldnt notice anything till about the 3rd or 4th fill. I go June 4th for another fill so hopefully this one will work. It's not a dream in it's in there...lol !

Hi Y&B, you may just not have enough in your band. I work with a woman who it took her almost a year to get enough Fluid in her band. One, OMG, the weight is just coming off her. You need to stop the carbonated drinks, they can cause your band to slip. I've lost 53lbs so far and I have restriction, but full now isn't the same as before for me. I know when I am satisfied and when I'm not hungry but truly full is hard. I go for satisified.

Hi Y&B, you may just not have enough in your band. I work with a woman who it took her almost a year to get enough Fluid in her band. One, OMG, the weight is just coming off her. You need to stop the carbonated drinks, they can cause your band to slip. I've lost 53lbs so far and I have restriction, but full now isn't the same as before for me. I know when I am satisfied and when I'm not hungry but truly full is hard. I go for satisified.

I know I haven't lost a ton of weight yet, but I'm wondering if I carry myself any differently? Or present myself differently? even before losing any I've always tried to walk with my head up and smile, and for some reason I seem to have more people smiling back and acknowledging me? I;ve heard this can happen when peoplelose weight. Anyone else taking notice to any such thing? I know my face has thinned out. I've gone down about 2 sizes, but I know I'm still very obese.

I did have a big NSV yesterday! I stopped at Walmart after work and took notice of their cheapie rings...I would have looked for a size 10 before, for my left ring finger and my RIGHT is almost a size larger. I saw a really pretty blingy ring so just had to try it on my right finger (I never wear anything other than my wedding ring and have used these cheap rings at my heaviest as a wedding ring stand-in but am back to fitting my real ring). Anyway on my right hand I fit into a size 8. :) Fnny how little things like that can make our day huh?

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I got into Cookies and am afraid I ate about a weeks worth of calories. :( We BBQ'd for memorial day and I was so excited to eat chicken that was super moist...and it came back up. I think it's the first time eating in front of people other than my hubby where I had to make a run for the bathroom. Since this last fill/unfill I'm really having to chew and watch what textures i eat. I might actually need another .1-.2 cc removed but I want to try to work with it first.

So, today is a new day and I'm moving on from the cookie binge. It's a sad day here, too, so I need to be really careful of stress eating. The kids left the front door open too long yesterday and one of our cats took off. Bromley is just a year old, and we're really attached to him. He has a total of 29 toenails, 7 feet, and is the neatest cat with such a great personaily. We adopted him in the short time we lived in Virginia and he drove back hoem across the country with us. We just lost another cat a few weeks back (in the country with coyotes). I know there's a chance Bromley will come home, but it's been almost 24 hours and I'm afraid he's become a snack. I'm actually not a cat person, but Bromley owns a little chunk of my heart and I'm devastated. :( I feel partly responsible because I brought home a new puppy as a house dog, and Bromley hates him. I'm afraid that's why he's been gone so long...and every minute he's out the risk of coyotes is that much bigger.

Sorry to ramble.

MarcyLoo,

Have you found your kitty?? I sure hope so! If not...just think that a nice family took him in and is spoiling him rotten instead of worrying about other things. Cats are wonderful! I have 6 indoor kitties and just adore them so I understand the stress. I hope he comes back!

So, today is a new day and I'm moving on from the cookie binge. It's a sad day here, too, so I need to be really careful of stress eating. The kids left the front door open too long yesterday and one of our cats took off. Bromley is just a year old, and we're really attached to him. He has a total of 29 toenails, 7 feet, and is the neatest cat with such a great personaily. We adopted him in the short time we lived in Virginia and he drove back hoem across the country with us. We just lost another cat a few weeks back (in the country with coyotes). I know there's a chance Bromley will come home, but it's been almost 24 hours and I'm afraid he's become a snack. I'm actually not a cat person, but Bromley owns a little chunk of my heart and I'm devastated. :( I feel partly responsible because I brought home a new puppy as a house dog, and Bromley hates him. I'm afraid that's why he's been gone so long...and every minute he's out the risk of coyotes is that much bigger.

Sorry to ramble.

Any one else struggling with working out during allergy season? I think I am just being lazy but I also feel like my allergies are just kicking my butt. I was banded march 22 and I'm only down 18 pounds. 2 fills and very little restriction.

I'm still trying though. I won't stop :(

Hi everyone!!! I know that it has been awhile, the scale at the doctors shows that I lost 5 pounds this last month. They are really happy with how things are going. I had my second fill yesterday and have had several episodes of feeling blocked with several episodes of pucking (which I absolutely hate to do). Wondering if they filled too much, should I wait it out or call and having some of the Fluid removed. This did not happen with the first fill and not sure if you wait or stick it out. Yogurt and shakes going ok-just not mushies or really well chewed foods.

On a fun note-the new bathing suit that I ordered came in-ordered a 16 and not really sure if it will last the summer-fits well now, and the scale is going down!!!! People are starting to notice that I am losing and it really feels good. Even the DH of a friend (who might wear a size 2-but very supportive) said tonight at soccer-looking good there Mrs. C. really made me feel good.

Marcy-I hope that kitty has found its way home.

Mitten Kitten-the scale is only one measurement-do you feel better? are your clothes getting looser? I too have only been to the gym 2 times each week for the last several weeks, the weather here has been kind of crummy and draining all the energy from me.

Fly-call for a little Fluid to be removed. I had this happen last fill and called about 24 hours later and was told to NEVER wait. They want you able to eat normal band diet...

No kitty. We're so heartbroken.

I bought a pair of shorts yesterday - jean shorts - size 24 and they're too big * HAPPY DANCE * I was a size 26/28.

Had my 4th fill , this time I saw an experienced Dr. He had me sit up and drink as he filled me . Now I'm up to 9cc's band holds 14. I do notice I get full faster but Im still able to eat atleast 10 oz. I dont go back for another month. But Im down 32 lbs woo-hoo!!!!!!!! I have a few pieces of clothing I can wear.... just dont want to go out and buy new clothes when Im still losing weight : )

Had my 4th fill , this time I saw an experienced Dr. He had me sit up and drink as he filled me . Now I'm up to 9cc's band holds 14. I do notice I get full faster but Im still able to eat atleast 10 oz. I dont go back for another month. But Im down 32 lbs woo-hoo!!!!!!!! I have a few pieces of clothing I can wear.... just dont want to go out and buy new clothes when Im still losing weight : )

HI THERE! I was banded March 17th 2011 by Dr. DiCicco of Pasco Surgical Associates in Tampa, FL. I have had 1 fill and 2 follow ups. So far I'm down over 70 pounds and feeling great! I LOVE THIS SURGERY! I was over 460 when I started and currently at 388 LBS! I never thought I'd see this side of 400 when I was alive! I'm here for any one who needs support. And questions. Can't recommend this highly enough. It has changed my life. And so much for the better!

Timothy Greenwood

HI THERE! I was banded March 17th 2011 by Dr. DiCicco of Pasco Surgical Associates in Tampa, FL. I have had 1 fill and 2 follow ups. So far I'm down over 70 pounds and feeling great! I LOVE THIS SURGERY! I was over 460 when I started and currently at 388 LBS! I never thought I'd see this side of 400 when I was alive! I'm here for any one who needs support. And questions. Can't recommend this highly enough. It has changed my life. And so much for the better!

Timothy Greenwood

Way to go Timothy !!!! I agree best thing I could have ever done for myself !!!

I went to the gym last night and got on the treadmill. When I was entering in my age/weight it hit me that I have lost so much weight. I havent been back to the gym since before the band and before I was entering weights between 340 and 315. To put in 247 was an awesome feeling. I was actually amazed at how easy it was to run now and how nice it was not to get so overheated and sweaty. That was truely an eye opening event.

I am 10 weeks out and I hit 30 lbs lost today!!!! Im down 2 workin on 3 pant sizes and 16+ inches!!! I am sooo freaking excited!!

May 31 I set a new goal to get to 180 by Aug 31... I started at 213 and already down 3 lbs!! I cant wait to what the other side of 200 looks like again! Its been too long since I've seen that side!! :D

Very cool!

I went to the gym last night and got on the treadmill. When I was entering in my age/weight it hit me that I have lost so much weight. I havent been back to the gym since before the band and before I was entering weights between 340 and 315. To put in 247 was an awesome feeling. I was actually amazed at how easy it was to run now and how nice it was not to get so overheated and sweaty. That was truely an eye opening event.