Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Caesarian section

I have had three caesarian operations although some time ago as children now teens

I have a bicornuate uterus and involved alot more cutting than normal ( using all the wrong words)

After looking up the surgery, I am bit anxious about the blowing up with air bit, as C section scar is always tender and red. And don't want to blow up.

Consultants know of c section, forgot to mention bicornuate.

Any one out there able to advise or had the same type of fears

I have had three caesarian operations although some time ago as children now teens

I have a bicornuate uterus and involved alot more cutting than normal ( using all the wrong words)

After looking up the surgery, I am bit anxious about the blowing up with air bit, as C section scar is always tender and red. And don't want to blow up.

I had three c-sections as well. The last one was in 1999. I had my lapband surgery in August 2008. I had no problems what-so-ever with the c-section scar. My C-Section scar is bikini lined and my lapband scars are up in my belly area. They are very small and almost invisible with the exception of the "big' one (about 2.5 inches). I think you should talk to your surgeon about this but I never mentioned mine to my surgeon. Of course, they asked if I'd ever had surgery before and I disclosed this information. But, I had no complications. I believe yours will be without incident as well. All the best to you.

I've had three c-sections and the last was 18 months ago. I was really worried about the air and gas pains because they were terrible after c-sections, but it was fine. Good luck!

I have only had one C-section but a pretty serious larger incision one in 2005. I since had my gallbladder removed (lap 5 small incisions) and now my lapband this past Jan. (lap 1 small incision and one 2 inch at my belly button for the port.) No problems at all releted to the section scar. I think it is due to the incisions for the other surgery being nowhere near the bikini cut. (Not that I would wear one!)

I had c/sections long ago.. 86 & 89. Yes, my c/sec scar did get red and irritated prior to weight loss.

I also had a DaVinci Hyst. 18 months before banding. They did have trouble inflating my abdomen for the DaVinci, but no trouble with inflating abd. for my banding.

And since I lost weight...my section scar no longer gets irritated.

You will likely do fine, but discuss your fears with the doctor and/or nurses.

I had two c-sections, 1995 and 1996. My incision runs from my bellybutton on down. Had no problem with the Lapband surgery and the inflating of the abdomen. Good Luck.

I

I have had 4 c-sections, gall bladder removd and two cancer operations. So needless to say my belly looks like a road map. The only thing they are worried about is the scar tissue, which could cause the lap band surgery to take a little longer. They would not do it to you if they thought there would be a problems. Fears are normal, but we are strong women who are taking control of our lifes and making our futures better