Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Lap Band Slipped

Just wanted to update everyone, I did have surgery to fix the band, I feel really really good now. Come to think of it , may band must have been slipped for quite some time. I feel completly different than I did before, I was never able to eat solid food and now I can eat solid food just small portions. I am so happy that I decided not to remove the band, I know that in a month or so, I would have gained back all the weight. I never want to go back to being so overweight. If anyone is debating to remove the band or leave it in, I would advise them to seriously think about the consequences of removing the band, just remember how you felt being overweight, cause I am sure that with the removal of the band comes back all the weight issues. By the way the surgery to fix the slip was very easy and I recovery was very quick. If anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer them. Good Luck to everyone dealing with a slip, it is not easy.

Just thought I would post an update as well in case anyone was looking around for info. I had surgery a month ago to fix my slipped band and it has made all the difference in the world! Wow, I feel like a new person. I am pretty sure my band slipped early on and I just thought getting sick was part of having the band. It has been over 4 weeks and I have not gotten sick one time. I currently don't have any Fluid in my band and I am kind of scared to add it that I might get sick and then cause the band to slip again, but I am eating more than I should. Still not what I could eat prior to lap-band, but more than I should to lose the additional 25 lbs to get to my goal weight. After vacation next week, I will make an appointment to get a small adjustment and ease back to a point that I feel has good restriction. I am glad I did not have to have the band removed and do not regreat for one second having the surgery to begin with.

Just wanted to update everyone, I did have surgery to fix the band, I feel really really good now. Come to think of it , may band must have been slipped for quite some time. I feel completly different than I did before, I was never able to eat solid food and now I can eat solid food just small portions. I am so happy that I decided not to remove the band, I know that in a month or so, I would have gained back all the weight. I never want to go back to being so overweight. If anyone is debating to remove the band or leave it in, I would advise them to seriously think about the consequences of removing the band, just remember how you felt being overweight, cause I am sure that with the removal of the band comes back all the weight issues. By the way the surgery to fix the slip was very easy and I recovery was very quick. If anyone has any questions I would be glad to answer them. Good Luck to everyone dealing with a slip, it is not easy.

I'm glad to hear that all is well now. I had a GI swallow this morning due to pain,weight gain and reflux. Doc said that I was entirely too tight but my surgeon will talk to me about it on my next visit. I'm afraid he will tell me that it's also a slippage. It's nice to hear that someone else has gone through this also and with a good outcome. Nevertheless; I still don't know what my outcome is. I guess I'll know next week. And you are right, I really dont want to lose my band and gain the weight back. Pray that all goes well.

Hi everyone. I got banded in Feb 09 have always had issues of food getting stuck so I'd cough it up, didn't make it down past the band so I don't considering it vomiting. Do any of you have the same issue? Even Water gets stuck if I drink too fast or eat solid food too early in the morning. I start with water then diet gatorade then a diet shake. I can start to eat potatoes & eggs or Soup or soft foods then by dinner can finally have a small piece of toasted bread & small chicken breast or another type of meat or fish. My band seems to be really tight when I first wake up even after a nap, seems weird but true. Until last night no real problems, but now nausea, pain in stomach & heartburn. I'm afraid something is wrong, I will hopefully be able to find out tues when I see the lapband dr. I have no insurane & was a cash patient back in 2009 but now unemployed & cannot afford expensive tests or Anyone have any of same issues? I actually started having acid reflux lil bit ago but seemed mild so I didn't go to the doctor. Before the lapband surgery in 2009 I had horrible acid reflux which seemed to go away after the surgery but suddenly it's returning. Any advice apprectiated, Thanks Kim