Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just banded and need a friend

Hello, my name is brittani and im 22 yrs old. I was just banded on 03.10.11 and i feel i need to start off with a little help im really worried about making wrong decisions or doing something wrong. Im hoping someone out there can go along with me if im in need of some question answering because i dont know anyone else that has been banded. Im not in too much pain the worst for me was the gas bubble and trying to lay down, but im feeling alot better now. I would appreciate someone willing to email me or even talk on the phone to help me through this. Yes i have doctors but i feel if you dont have the band you dont really know what the feelings are. I do have a great support system but again i need someone thats been banded.

Thanks

Britt

Hello, my name is brittani and im 22 yrs old. I was just banded on 03.10.11 and i feel i need to start off with a little help im really worried about making wrong decisions or doing something wrong. Im hoping someone out there can go along with me if im in need of some question answering because i dont know anyone else that has been banded. Im not in too much pain the worst for me was the gas bubble and trying to lay down, but im feeling alot better now. I would appreciate someone willing to email me or even talk on the phone to help me through this. Yes i have doctors but i feel if you dont have the band you dont really know what the feelings are. I do have a great support system but again i need someone thats been banded.

Thanks

Britt

Im still fairly new at this as well. Banded on 2/7, but I have had my first fill. Also, Im 21 so were similar in age. Im willing to talk.

Congrats on your surgery. I have been banded about 16 months- 42 years old. I am happy to answer any questions you might have- to the best of my ability anyway lol. Feel free to private message me if you want.

Veronica

Just wanted to say congrats on your surgery and hope you're on the path to healing quickly! You can always private message anyone here with questions or make a new thread. That way you get more answers.

Good luck and welcome!

Hi I'm Shirley 56 yrs. young. Hope the age difference doesn't bother you.

I been banded almost 5 yrs. this year. Do to a Dr.'s paperwork screw up I had to find a new surgeon, well, to cut it short someone did take me on and fill me, and there was nothing wrong all along... So I am starting from square 1 all over again. So been there done it ya know ! I''m around. So message me if you want, or will just talk if I see your posts. That's up to you.

But be in touch if you want.

Shirley.

:)Hey Brittani,

I am 37 yrs old and was just banded 3/8/11. So not even a week ago also.....

I have just started reading blogs and found it has been usefull!

I am mostly tired of not feeling well, feeling tired, and hungry! I know this will get easier! Can't wait!

My first couple days I had the worst pain from the gas in my shoulders and neck area. I have been using the gas-x strips and taking little walks. That helped me with that issue. (I felt like I was going to die!) lol

I have also felt pretty scared about the changes and not being familiar with them.....

I am here for ya!!

KRN

Hello Brittani,

I also just got banded on March 10 2011. It's going to be a difficult journey but now we have a tool that will help us defeat our food craving demons! Let me know how I can be of help. I am 33 years old, and I just exhausted of being that yo yo dieter all of my life. I am glad you made this decision at an earlier age. I wish I would have made my decision a long time ago!

Claudia

Thanks

Britt

Thanks

Britt

Hi Britt!

Welcome to the family! :D

I am 32 and was banded 8/24/10. I am still learning a lot of new things from this website myself, but anything I can help you with would be my pleasure. I know how unnerving it is to sometimes ask questions of your doctor or on this website...because I still get unnerved. But ask anything and everything here! There are a lot of really nice people here who will go to a lot of trouble to answer questions and share their experiences.

The main advice I have as a LapBand patient is...if something really hurts or just seems "wrong", call your doctor. Your doctor is your #1 expert. I have seen people say they haven't contacted their doctor but have come here instead to ask for advice about extreme pains or even blood or oozing incisions, and that scares me for them. So, while we are your #1 supporters, your doctor is the expert!

Good luck!!! And private message me anytime!

Kelley

Guys,

Thank you all for your eagerness to support me its soo comforting to know i have help if i need it i really do appreciate it and fyi age does not matter to me at all friends are friends. Today has been actually a little bit better i took the top layer of bandages off and i just have the steri strips now im anxious to take a shower though, the gas bubbles still are driving me nuts im lucky i guess to say its not PAIN but its very uncomfortable. im not really sure how to IM people yet or send private messages lol so bear with me. The only thing i can say right now is its wonderful that i havent eaten anything solid now for 4 days and im NOT hungry. So...so far so good. Is there anyone in Mesa, or close that has been banded? That would be awesome but im soo thankful for you all for being here :)

Thanks

Britt

Britt, My name is marc, and I was banded on 03/08/2011. I had problems after my surgery with inflamation and gas. The best releif I found was to walk, walk, walk! Wait until a wall mart calms down and make it like a shopping trip. Walk around the store pushng a basket. WOW gas releif, exersise and shopping all in one package. LIFES GOOD! Le me know if it works for you, or if I can help you. wishes, Marc

Guys,

Thank you all for your eagerness to support me its soo comforting to know i have help if i need it i really do appreciate it and fyi age does not matter to me at all friends are friends. Today has been actually a little bit better i took the top layer of bandages off and i just have the steri strips now im anxious to take a shower though, the gas bubbles still are driving me nuts im lucky i guess to say its not PAIN but its very uncomfortable. im not really sure how to IM people yet or send private messages lol so bear with me. The only thing i can say right now is its wonderful that i havent eaten anything solid now for 4 days and im NOT hungry. So...so far so good. Is there anyone in Mesa, or close that has been banded? That would be awesome but im soo thankful for you all for being here :)

Hi, I'm not in Mesa but I am in Lake Havasu City, AZ and I drive through somtimes. I just got banded on the 8th and am also looking for someone to share in my journey. IM, emails, or phone calls... I'm available most of the time. I don't know how to IM either, lol. I actually got banded there in Phoenix by Dr. Simpson. I don't know about you but I am ravenous, I'm on all liquids for the first 3 weeks and I am starving all the time. I don't think that I ever really experienced true "hunger" the way that I am at this moment. Anyway, let me know if you want a friend.

Lee Ann

Hey Britt - just wanted to add another gas relief tip. Someone recommended the gas x strips to me and they seemed to help. Walking helps as well. Hang in there though, the gas doesn't last forever. I was banded on 12/27/10. I've still got a long way on my journey but it gets easier. You learn what you can and can't do. You learn to work with your band. You learn to eat until you're not hungry anymore - NOT until you're full. It's a weird concept because I think as "fat" people, we don't understand that. I'm not addicted to food. I never have been. My weight was always a defense mechanism gone wrong. But I did have a lot of bad habits - not eating but 1-2 times a day and when I did they were large meals. So despite my activity levels, my metabolism was non-existant lol. The band is truly a tool. The more you learn about it - the better it will work for you. You will have frustrating weeks, plateaus, stuck episodes... all part of learning. Everyone here is here to help. It's great to hear from another perspective. I didn't know anyone that was banded going into this and now I have made friends locally. Check to see if your doctor/surgery center participates in support groups of meetings. Sometimes it's just nice to have someone to call and ask a question. Been there. You can email me anytime if you'd like sanderson_laura@yahoo.com

Best of luck to you! :D

hey brittani i am 25 i was just banded on 3/11/11 so i am new at this too i have some of the same concerns but i am opened to talk whenever i'll private msg you soon take care my friend

Thanks

Britt

Hi< I live in Avondale Az, it's nice to see some Az people on here. Who was your Dr.? Mine was Dr. Simpson, he's wonderful!!! I was banded Nov 16, and on my third fill. The third fill was amazing, I don't feel hungry and I lost 15 lbs in three weeks, so i'm down now 58 llb. Brittani if you have any questions or want to chat let me know, were all here for you. And walking is the best thing for the gas pains. Good Luck!!! This is the beginning of the new you. :)