Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any february bandsters out there?

Any fellow February bandsters there? How is your journey going? I was banded on 2-10. In San Antonio at true results. Am on all reg foods now, just way smaller portions then before. I am down 15 pounds since surgery, 35 lbs total with pre op diet included. I feel great. Haven't had ant major issues so far. Have gotten stuck a couple times but I think it was bc I ate too fast not bc of what I am eating.

Hey There!

I was banded on 2/10/11 as well! Only in Massachusetts! I have also lost 35lbs total thus far! :) I am feeling really great. Getting ready to start the whole "gym" thing :) My 2nd post-op appointment is this coming Friday. I haven't had any issues at all either! :) Congratulations on your weight loss!!! :lol:

I was banded on 2-28. Just got my staples taken out yesterday. What a relief! On mushies now. Lost about 20lbs so far!

I was banded on the 28th too :). I was banded in Jacksonville, FL. Last week was a little challenging. I had a lot of discomfort! But I am feeling MUCH better now. Started walking last night (20 minutes--it's a start). Ive only lost 5 pounds since surgery but about 25 since I started my journey. Had my first post op appt with the surgeon yesterday and everything is healing well! :).

I was banded on 2/23 in Burlington, MA. I had lost 21 pounds before surgery and am down an additional 10. I have had some minor complications. One of my incisions did not close entirely and looks funky so I am currently on antibiotics to prevent infection. I have also had some pain on my side where my port sits. Pretty sure I overdid it and caused a small tear or pull. I am starting to add soft foods now (eggs and mashed potatoes). Overall I have felt great. The worst I felt was the day after surgery but that was due to the gas moving out of my body. My pain has been nonexistent up until the pain in my side, but even that is minimal now. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to hearing your updates...

hey guys! i was banded on 2/16/2011. i feel AMAZING!!! im down about 27lbs! the first 2 weeks were deathly! at least it felt like i was gonna die. but now im on mushy foods. i can start the gym as of next weeek. I am sooo excited! I can't imagine the weight I am going to lose once my butt gets on that stair master!

good luck to all of you!

<3<3<3

Hi fabulous Feb banders! I was banded one montha ago today on Feb 9th. I am doing well lost 28 lbs & 10.5 inches. No complaints & on reg food now.

Keep up the great work all!

Cheers,

Kristi

Banded 2/16/11, I have lost about 25 lbs since I started the process and about 13 since surgery, still on purees per doc's orders and hope to start solids in a week, 2nd post op visit tommorow, not sure if i need a fill since i get full so easily, but trying to figure out how many calories i should get a day since im doing about 600-800 and even thought i dont feel it my body is probably starving, i also think i have lost a lot of inches, people who dont see me everyday say its very noticeable. Since surgery i have been sooo much more happier and positive, I will succeed in this!

Hi Everyone!! I was banded on 2/23/11 in Erie, PA. I have lost 40 lbs so far. (20 on the 6 month work up, 10 on the pre-op diet and 10 since banded) So things have been going ok....I think I am in bandster hell as they call it....I am so hungry despite eating soft foods now. I am sticking to the rules and getting my protien, but it sure is tough. Definately happy that I got my band and wouldn't change it for the world. Hoping for a fill in the next 2 to 4 wks. I love to read about how everyone else is doing...it helps to keep me motivated.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!:rolleyes:

HI I was banded 2/24/11 in San Antonio with TRUE RESULTS aslo. I have been doing great no real problems. Just going to my 2week followup tomarrow in Austin. I have lost 11.9lb since surgery and 18lbs since went on the preop diet. Wish me luck on the mushies!

Hi Everyone!

I was banded on 2/7 and I'm feeling great. I am down 25lbs so far. Yeah!!! :D I had my first fill yesterday and not sure if I am feeling any restriction. The dr added 5cc's. Seems like a lot but I feel fine. I am back on liquids for the next few days.

So far so good...thrilled that I made the commitment to do this!

Oh and I have yet to start going to the gym...not sure whats holding me back. I need to get motivated...

Congrats to all!!!

ally

We are all amazing! :) Keep up the excellent work fellow February Bandsters :lol:

I was banded 2/22 and doing great! My pain was extremely minimal, only gas pain. I was on full liquids w/ purees for 10 days then soft foods for 4 days and now regular. I have lost 16 pounds so far and can't wait to get the ok to work out! My first fill is scheduled for 4/1.

Good luck everyone!