Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats been the hardest thing for you to give up

Wow u guys are strong lol i will admit atleast once a week i enjoy one of my old meals of course alot less of an amount lol i wouldnt do it if the scale was going back up but it hasnt hurt me yet ive just kept losing and now im at a point where i just mantain the weight lol but i dnt no if u guys have experienced this but when someone opens a new soda and u smell it i wanna cry i miss it so much lolol

I miss Subway! Oh, I wanna cry now from just thinking about it! The smell of that place just give me a rush! LOL! I love bread! It doesn't love me though!

bread. I loved sandwiched, rolls, biscuits, any type of bread. I still have a teeny bit of other things, chip, candy, Cookies. I can't totally deprive myself all the time! I am down 35 pounds and exercise regularly so I think it's ok. But damn I would love a big ole sandwich!

So, I know everyone is different and I have drastically changed my eating habits in the past year. I just got approved for my surgery today! I'm so excited, but reading this post the biggest question I have is...these foods you miss, are they ones you cannot tolerate with the band or are they foods that you just don't eat now because it's a better choice? I was just curious. Mostly because the thought of not tolerating potatoes really make me want to cry!! lol, I know that everyone has different tolerances but just curious! Congrats on your weight loss ladies!!!

Well, for me I can eat anything if I take my time and make sure there is plenty of dipping sauces or something to help liquify it. I just choose not to eat a lot of things because those dipping sauces can add up in calories. 2 tb of ranch got like 120 calories in it! I would have to use a lot of it to help break down a subway sandwich. I know they got reduced cal and fat sauces but why waste my time with those.

So, I know everyone is different and I have drastically changed my eating habits in the past year. I just got approved for my surgery today! I'm so excited, but reading this post the biggest question I have is...these foods you miss, are they ones you cannot tolerate with the band or are they foods that you just don't eat now because it's a better choice? I was just curious. Mostly because the thought of not tolerating potatoes really make me want to cry!! lol, I know that everyone has different tolerances but just curious! Congrats on your weight loss ladies!!!

I'm not sure if there is one thing that has been the hardest to give up, because I don't truly deprive myself of things, I just limit it. But I do miss a chicken quesadillia from taco bell and the pizza hut personal pizza. I would love to have them but after looking at the nutrition info, it is not worth it. I always thought my diet coke would be difficult to give up, but it wasn't. I did try some a little bit ago and OT honestly didn't taste that good anymore

I miss Subway! Oh, I wanna cry now from just thinking about it! The smell of that place just give me a rush! LOL! I love bread! It doesn't love me though!

Gosh. You and me both. I loved eating a 6 in. turkey/cheese/bacon sandwich from Subway, but bread isn't my friend at all. Maybe one day way down the road we will be able to eat a Subway again. Hehe.

I don't really have too many things I cannot eat. bread is the biggest one that I cannot eat. I LOVE bread (bisquits, rolls, cornbread, etc.), and I may be able to eat a few bites if that was the only item I ate, but I don't want to try it. Pasta, potatoes, chicken, eggs, etc. goes down fine most of the time. I have never had a problem getting potatoes down, but I don't eat them often.

Also, I don't know if others experienced this, but I am 13 months out from surgery, and my taste has changed dramatically. Most food just doesn't taste good to me anymore. It's strange.

I cant say there is one food I really miss but what i miss is a good chow down of lots of food. Honestly I miss that totally over stuffed full feeling. I miss bulk.

I am 4 weks out and haven't found anything I can't eat yet. I get my first fill tomorrow so maybe that will change.

Seltzer Water.

I drank about 12 cans a day.

-sigh-