Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why does it seem like i'm always munching?

I feel like i'm always muching on something and it kind of sucks

i feel like i can't even stick to something

and i'm completely going down hill.

I have 6cc's in my band right now and sometimes its hard to eat some things and most of i time i know i'm not chewing well

i feel like i'm letting myself down terribly.

i haven't lost weight if anything i gained and i've been depressed for over a year

I feel like i'm always muching on something and it kind of sucks

i feel like i can't even stick to something

and i'm completely going down hill.

I have 6cc's in my band right now and sometimes its hard to eat some things and most of i time i know i'm not chewing well

i feel like i'm letting myself down terribly.

i haven't lost weight if anything i gained and i've been depressed for over a year

Erin, I'm sorry you're having trouble. If you've been at this more than a year, you definitely need to schedule a visit to your doctor, and discuss things. Maybe you need more in your band? If you had success in the beginning, what's different? Maybe you need to evaluate how it was vs. how it is now, and go back to basics? Start with the "pouch test" (search the forums for posts about that), to make sure your band is working right. Then decide how best to proceed. Check your nutrition, because if you're not eating right, it's easy to find yourself snacking. Eat more nutritious meals on schedule, so you won't be hungry in between times. Up your activity level, so you burn more calories. It sounds cliche to say "Weight loss is mathematics - calories in have to be less than calories out" but it's pretty much true. Other things come into play, certainly, but if you go back to the things you did in the beginning, it's a good place to start. Your doctor will have some great advice, I'm sure.

The other thing I highly recommend is to try and find a local support group. Seeing people face to face can be an enormous boost, since you'll see you're not in this alone. Others have been where you are, and their experiences will help get things back on track. If you're alone, it's easy to fall into a rut. The trick is getting yourself out of it. :)

Wishing you only the best success,

Dave

Why're you munching? Boredom? Emotional eating? Figure out why you are first. If it's because you're bored, keep yourself busy. Stay away from the kitchen and away from the food you snack on. If you're stomach is growling, it's never a bad thing to eat a snack, but make sure it's a sensible one. I usually find myself grazing on Sundays, but that's because Sundays are my off day from working out and I am usually in the kitchen with my laptop, near food.< /span>

If it's emotional, why? Why're you depressed? Maybe speak to a therapist or a close friend?

Dave_NW- I am too and yeah. it's been over a year. I only started out good at first cause I was terribly nauseous at the begining of this. I feel I need to talk to my doctor too but I have no way there, my mom doesn't seem like she want to bring me there. I don't think I need more in the band atm cause its working right because sometimes i eat too fast and it comes back up. Ohhhh I definitely know that's the problem (not eating right) and I haven't been motivated to do ANYTHING. That's also my problem, I don't know how to eat healthy or right. I haven't been the same since the begining of last year it's like my whole mind changed and i don't like it at all.

That is for sure, I fell in the rut and I can't get out and I feel all alone.

reverie- I think is both of those, emotional and out of boredom. Its winter and there is nothing I can think of that I would enjoy around here. Everything costs money...fun costs money. I try to stay away from the kitchen but somehow I find myself in there. I try finding things to do and then I say "nah, I don't want to do that" and watch tv or something. I feel like a loner with noone...I feel lost in the darkness

I try talking to friends but it only lasts for a while. I feel depressed cause of the way I am, overweight, single, two friends stopped being my friend and I feel like I have no friends, but I do. The times I go out with them the fun only lasts for a little while. I feel like I'm hiding from the world.

Erin: are u able to talk to your mom about all of these feelings? If not is there a counselor or teacher you trust at school to talk with? I really hope you reach out to someone you can trust b/c noone should feel lost in darkness like you were explaining. You sound lonely and sad and it sounds like the lapband/eating issues may just be a part of it. Please reach out to share what's going on :)

Erin,

You have been around about the same time as I have on this message board, You are much too young and beautiful to be full of darkness or thought of darkness. Even if you still have more weight to lose you need to get out and do things with your friends, you can do stuff that does not involved money. If you need some money see if you can find a part-time job or babysit for someone or try volunteering somewhere, nothing helps you as much as it does when you are helping others, Hospitals need people to vist with people who have no family or to read to them. Nursing homes would love to have someone like you to come in and vist with the people there and all of these things will fill your time and make you feelings not standout like they do now.

Start over on Protein shakes for 3 day to get your focus off of food and then it should get better. Find you someone to talk to. Find a church and get involved in the youth group now days they do a lot of activities and maybe you need some some church family to help you out.

Also just my opinion the best person to talk to is Jesus He is there 24/7 and cares so much about you. He hears everything you say and He cares and loves you. He is who I talk to.

Take care and do not feel alone,

Cheri

I'm not an expert by any means but if you're feeling depressed, maybe seeing a doctor would help? Maybe there's more to your depression that "the blues" or being in a rut.

Totally agree with the above post

Cheri

Erin,

Just my .02...this may not be about your band at all. You sound like you're suffering from depression and it needs to be treated. If your mom won't take you to see your regular doctor (not the band doctor) to get help, ask another friend or relative. Therapy helps, but I also know that when my doctor temporarily put me on anti-depressants after my son was born (years ago), it was like someone turned on the light. I had no idea just how dark my world was until it wasn't.

If you're not covered by insurance and have no money, there are usually free clinics or agencies that will help. Please...seek it out. You're worth it.