Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Feb bandster gotten a fill yet?

Doing well today... Not overly hungry... The nurse that did my fill said I could go back for another one next week already and I probably will... Going to see how this week goes first... They are aggressive with fills so we start getting the benefits of the band and don't get discouraged, which I'm good with!

That's great groovy! Had you lost any weight from surgery to your fill??

I lost about 10lbs between surgery and 1st fill...

I was bad and ate too much for dinner just now...I'm feeling pretty ill...uuuggghhh :( :( :(:angry: :angry: :angry:

Went for my first fill today and all went well. The doctor said I am right on track and then reaffirmed the 1-2 ound per week loss goal.

Blood pressure was the lowest its been in quite a while and he said that I appeared to be more energetic than any other time he has seen me. He advised against hard core abdominal exercises until he sees me in a month for the second fill.

Back to todays event, the fill needle was installed under local anethesia and I didn't even feel that being given. He put in 3.5 cc's and had me drink 4 oz of cold Water. I confirmed that the cold Water flowed through the pouch opening and we were done. The needle was taken out and now I have to eat 2 days Fluid, 1 day of mushies before going back to regular food. After leaving the office I noted a tight feeling in mid chest under the diaphragm and the ol' left shoulder gas type pain most of us are all too familiar with. Both of those issues are fading as time passes.

He said that I should expect the band to be much tighter tomorrow before it settles down again, hence the restricted diet. .

My next fill will be 4/12/2011 and I hope to loose at least 8 lbs by then.

So fellow bandsters not to worry the fill process is very minor and should be tollerated well be even the most pain averse of us (that includes me :) )

I had my 1st fill 3/08/11 and I don't fill much of a difference yet. The process itself wasn't as bad as I expected. The worst part was the numbing shot, but it is over quickly. I go in for my 2nd fill next week 3/22/11 and I hope to feel a difference after that rolleyes.gif

I went for a follow up yesterday after work on March 15 that was 2 days shy of 4 weeks out for me and they gave me my first fill. I had not lost any weight in the last 2 weeks and was hungry between meals. Unknown to me I had 2 cc's in the band from the surgery (they said that was for buoyancy and did not count that as a fill because it did not put any pressure on the stomach) and they added 1 cc for my fill. So I have 3 ccs now. Those of you that will be getting a fill soon, relax It did not hurt to get the fill at all. It is a funny feeling to drink Water and have it sit there a moment and then trickle down. I am on liquids for 24 hrs then back to soild foods. I had a protien shake for dinner last night. I weighed myself this morning and had already lost 1 pound.

Banded 2/22 and get my first fill April 1st. The swelling has gone away because what restriction I had after surgery has gone away 2 days ago. I can't wait to get a fill and hopefully have that restricted feeling again!

I went today for my first post op visit. I was banded Feb. 25th. My dr. told me they won't do a fill for 6 more weeks because he wants to make sure all the stitches he made around the band stay put while I heal. He did say he put some in when he placed the band but not much. I asked him how much I should be eating because I've been so scared I'm eating too much. He said to eat slowly, take small bites, and eat until I feel satisfied but not overly full. He said I didn't need to measure out a cup or anything like that. I don't know if it's a good thing or not to see what everyone elses dr's say because then you just second guess everything! :blink:

Sophinator ~ My doctor told me about the same as yours concerning portion sizes -- eat until you are satisfied, but not full -- and to try to distinguish between head hunger and actual physical hunger. The only other guidelines he gave me for between now and my first fill are to eat at least 65 grams of Protein a day, drink a minimum of 80 ounces of Water, and have no more than 1200 calories. He also said to walk for 30 minutes each day and maybe add in another aerobic activity a couple of times a week (no crunches, sit-ups, or weights for now to allow for healing).

For those of you fellow February bandsters that have gotten your fills -- I'm glad they have gone smoothly. Have you guys had restriction? How are you feeling? This board has been quiet lately -- I hope everyone is doing well. :)

For those of us waiting to get our first fills -- how are you feeling? I'm a little nervous and a little excited. I have some restriction now, but I'm kind of in scale limbo this week.

I went for a follow up yesterday after work on March 15 that was 2 days shy of 4 weeks out for me and they gave me my first fill. I had not lost any weight in the last 2 weeks and was hungry between meals. Unknown to me I had 2 cc's in the band from the surgery (they said that was for buoyancy and did not count that as a fill because it did not put any pressure on the stomach) and they added 1 cc for my fill. So I have 3 ccs now. Those of you that will be getting a fill soon, relax It did not hurt to get the fill at all. It is a funny feeling to drink Water and have it sit there a moment and then trickle down. I am on liquids for 24 hrs then back to soild foods. I had a protien shake for dinner last night. I weighed myself this morning and had already lost 1 pound.

I got my first fill on the 9th of March and the PA only found .5 in my band. WHAT?! I can't believe I've been losing weight with little restriction. Anyway, she gave me 1 cc and during the time I felt no discomfort when she inserted the needle. She was a pro and we had established if I needed the next fill sooner I could go back two weeks early - before my second fill is due (April 6th).

It was awful I tell Ya! I have had my first bout of sliming and PB'ed to boot, YUK! This was soon after my first fill and the first time it's happened to me and I didn't like it one little bit thats for sure. I will do my best to not do that again.... I was having a bit of chicken breast that was a tad dry I chewed the heck outa it and swallowed it down. I knew I was in trouble almost immediatly Pain mid chest, sliming, eyes watering and hiccups. Then off to the bathroom to expell the culpret. Now I will go to extreme measures to avoid Yakking up my meal but this was force of nature a tsunami (with due respect to the events in Japan) and unstoppable. Oh the relief was almost instantanious and after a few moments I returned to the table and finished my meal with much more respect for the humble dry chicken, I slathered on some low cal mayo and had no repeat of that awful experience. To you folks that have had this fairly often I extend my deepest sympathies. As for myself a vow to be more careful. Small bites, chewed to a pulp and swalloed with care. My final thought on sliming and PB's = YUK!:(

Oh Tom, I am so sorry. I don't know what sliming is, thank goodness, but I know what it is like getting stuck. It has happened to me twice now, and it was HORRIBLE. The first time I was here at the house and it wasn't so bad, but the last time was at Kona Grill, on a piece of chicken that I KNEW as it was going down I didn't chew it enough (too focused on the kiddos).

I go to get my fill on the 29th. I sure hope I start losing after that. I've been sitting at only 14 lbs lost the first two weeks, and NONE for the past two weeks and it's sucking wind. I'm starving all the time!

Oh Tom, I am so sorry. I don't know what sliming is, thank goodness, but I know what it is like getting stuck. It has happened to me twice now, and it was HORRIBLE. The first time I was here at the house and it wasn't so bad, but the last time was at Kona Grill, on a piece of chicken that I KNEW as it was going down I didn't chew it enough (too focused on the kiddos).

I go to get my fill on the 29th. I sure hope I start losing after that. I've been sitting at only 14 lbs lost the first two weeks, and NONE for the past two weeks and it's sucking wind. I'm starving all the time!

Thanks for the sympathy, I was begging for it :) . Sliming is when you overproduce syliva (lots of it) to hush through the blockage. The more you swallow the sooner the urge to vomit, not very pleasant.

I feel your pain cause i'm sitting at about the same weight for almost two weeks myself. I understand that its fairly common but gosh it would be good to see the scale start to move again. Well I didn't get fat overnight so I assume it will take awhile to go away. Hope your scale starts to move again real soon...:D

Hi All,

I go on Tuesday to be filled, the 22nd. I am looking forward to it although lately I've been losing again. I had about a 10 day or more lull and I was frustrated but then things started moving along again scale wise. I guess it is part of that starvation/holding onto fat mode or something. I dunno.

I haven't been on the site too much lately because this past Monday I had to rush my dear Mom to the ER. She had to get surgery the next day for a ruptured intestine due to diverticulitis. She has been on a ventillator since and I'm scared to death that she won't come off. I am not ready to lose my mother yet and I'm so terribly sad.

Interestingly enough, my lap band surgeon is the same one who did Mom's surgery this week. Who woulda thought?

JPT

Thanks for the sympathy, I was begging for it :) . Sliming is when you overproduce syliva (lots of it) to hush through the blockage. The more you swallow the sooner the urge to vomit, not very pleasant.

I feel your pain cause i'm sitting at about the same weight for almost two weeks myself. I understand that its fairly common but gosh it would be good to see the scale start to move again. Well I didn't get fat overnight so I assume it will take awhile to go away. Hope your scale starts to move again real soon...:D

Hi All,

I go on Tuesday to be filled, the 22nd. I am looking forward to it although lately I've been losing again. I had about a 10 day or more lull and I was frustrated but then things started moving along again scale wise. I guess it is part of that starvation/holding onto fat mode or something. I dunno.

I haven't been on the site too much lately because this past Monday I had to rush my dear Mom to the ER. She had to get surgery the next day for a ruptured intestine due to diverticulitis. She has been on a ventillator since and I'm scared to death that she won't come off. I am not ready to lose my mother yet and I'm so terribly sad.

Interestingly enough, my lap band surgeon is the same one who did Mom's surgery this week. Who woulda thought?

JPT

Wow, I hope your mom recovers fully. You and her are in my thoughts and I pray that you get to be with her a bit longer.

I am 6 weeks pre-op and going for my first fill this Wednesday, Mar 23. I am down 32 lbs.