Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have Lab Band scheduled for March 8th, was supposed to be today but the schedule filled up before they got my insurance letter. I didn't think I would get approved, so I lost 10 lbs and then had to gain it back before the insurance would approve me. After a week of eating crap, my body was hating me, had horrible stomach pains, throwing up was the only thing that made me feel better. All of my life, I've fought with weight loss. I finally found HCG, which was the only thing that seemed to work for me, but the last 2 years, I've lost it and then once I started eating carbs and sugar again I gain it all back plus 20 lbs more. I'm now at my heaviest, sitting around 240 lbs and I've had enough. I know that it will just be a tool, but I'm hoping that It'll be just enough to help me lose the weight and be able to keep it off for good. After my few weeks of liquids, I'm considering going back on the HCG to boost my weight loss. Has anyone tried the HCG diet after LB and did it work for you? I hate that they are pushing low fat after surgery. I know that eating low fat is bad for me and not healthy. Anything low or no fat has sugar and carbs to make up for the fat, and carbs are my #1 enemy. They want me to drink 2 glasses of skim milk a day, would rather take a calcium supplement or drink 2%. If you're still reading, thank you, and any help, suggestions, support is appreciated. smile.gif

About Dairy Queen vanilla shake.....would it be so bad? I mean...it is mostly milk Protein. I am now finishing my 4th day of ten day preop liquid diet. It's been going well so far...but oh, would I love to have a vanilla shake from Dairy Queen! Hope I don;t get kicked out of this group for such blasphemy...I'm just asking.... Novena

I have heard some bad things about the HCG diet but then again you'll hear "Bad things" about anything this days. I have a friend that started taking diet pills now after 6 months post op and 50 lbs down. She also has had a month long battle with Constipation due to not eating healthy enough. Guess what her daily splurge was? Vanilla shakes....you are 10 days post op? I'd highly recommend you wait until you are healed up a bit more and think a lot on this one splurge. If you can justify this, what else can you justify? Oreo Cookies w/ milk? Shoot I did pre-op...made since to me, the equalled each other out haha. Just remember why you did this surgery and if a milk shake is something your body needs for fuel.

Best of luck to you both.

Oh and OP I would suggest asking your doctor if the HCG diet is a health diet to start post op...good luck =)

I would say anyone that would decide to splurge on Vanilla shakes after surgery wouldnt be very serious about losing weight and being healthy. I've always had great luck on HCG before (the real stuff, not the homeopathic), helps me not to be hungry and I was able to continue to lose weight for 30-45 days and still have energy. I mentioned it to my Dr and he got really upset, saying it was just a placebo, but I can tell the difference and completely disagree.

This is what I ordered last time:

http://www.yourhcgdiet.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=48&category_id=40&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

One of the best prices for real HCG and supplies.

I've always did the injections but they have a sublingual kit too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/22/hcg-diet-controversy_n_826837.html I think that article says it all, along with many other references to this fad diet. Sure you lose weight on the scale, but at 500 calories a day I can assure you you're also killing your metabolism and dropping muscle mass; not pure fat.

Just my opinion.

I've tried about everything in the book, including low calorie diets, the homeopathic hcg and the real stuff, and can tell you that HCG isn't just a placebo. If you tried to eat 500 calories without the HCG you would be starving and tired, your body would go into starvation mode and hold on to every bit of fat it could. When I do HCG I'm not hungry, have lots of energy and continue seeing an average of .5-1 lb loss every day. I've tried a few variations of the diet, experimenting with what works, and still continued to loose the weight. Of course everyone can have their own opinions but don't believe everything that the government studies tell you. Kind of like the low fat, high carb line they've been feeding us and yet the country keeps getting fatter and fatter.

I've tried about everything in the book, including low calorie diets, the homeopathic hcg and the real stuff, and can tell you that HCG isn't just a placebo. If you tried to eat 500 calories without the HCG you would be starving and tired, your body would go into starvation mode and hold on to every bit of fat it could. When I do HCG I'm not hungry, have lots of energy and continue seeing an average of .5-1 lb loss every day. I've tried a few variations of the diet, experimenting with what works, and still continued to loose the weight. Of course everyone can have their own opinions but don't believe everything that the government studies tell you. Kind of like the low fat, high carb line they've been feeding us and yet the country keeps getting fatter and fatter.

False. Starvation mode isn't real, but anyway.

I lived off of 600 calories for the first 4-5 months after being banded. I exercised. Did Slim in 6 along with P90 and P90M. I didn't feel extremely tired at all. I lost amazingly, and yes it was all done with a low carb high Protein diet. I don't believe everything the government says or puts out for the public to read, but I also know that HCG and other diets are mere fads. If you want to take HCG for the rest of your life, go for it, I guess it's what works for you. I can't judge what works for another.

The country doesn't feed anyone anything. Grocery stores are full of healthful low carb foods; you choose what you put into your shopping cart. Carbs don't make you fat; excess calories do. The only people who really suffer from eating carbs are those who are insulin resistant. If you are, I understand carbs being the "enemy." If you aren't...it's more than the carbs.

I should have made a disclaimer that this was pre-lap band. Your right, the reason I choice lap-band is because you can eat low calories, continue to loose weight and not go into starvation mode. You have did a fantastic job. =) I still need to find my groove, when I dont eat solid food I'm hungry and when I do it gets stuck. I was able to eat 2400 calories, full fat, low carb and didn't gain weight, but when I added in carbs I had to really watch my calories.

Well I am looking to re start my band I have the same proplem good food gets stuck...then I am hungry and crap food always goes down....... I lost weight then put it all back on need a quick fix to get me back in to it again :D I know it is my own fault cause I quit working out after my honeymoon....so gotta get back to me

http://www.huffingto...y_n_826837.html I think that article says it all, along with many other references to this fad diet. Sure you lose weight on the scale, but at 500 calories a day I can assure you you're also killing your metabolism and dropping muscle mass; not pure fat.

Just my opinion.

I have read many threads and have asked the same question again and again. I will ask you since I see that you have had amazing weight loss success. Could you give me a few examples of what you eat on a daily basis? Im asking because I had my surgery in Mexico, I dont have a nutritionist and my weight loss has been extremely slow. I currently have my 3rd fill and I have restriction but im completely lost on what i should concentrate on eating. I just dont understand why im not losing weight. This is my daily diet, B-coffee with sugar free hazelnut Creamer and I throw in a scoop of my whey Protein shake which has 26g of Protein and 140 calories, L-either a small amt of tuna with relish or a small piece of tilapia fish, S-smoked almonds at work because im starving because i cant get much food down when im actually trying to eat, D-small piece of grilled chicken if I could get it down. I drink lots of Water at work, I work out at least 3-4 times a week. As you can see I dont know what to cut out or what im doing wrong. The worse I might do from time to time is have some wine with my husband but that cannot possibly be slowing my weight loss that much. Should I maybe drink some more Protein shakes? Im losing 1 to 2 lbs A MONTH! How is that possible?? Im totally lost and confused , please please give me some examples of what you eat throughout the day.

This is my daily diet, B-coffee with sugar free hazelnut creamer and I throw in a scoop of my whey Protein shake which has 26g of Protein and 140 calories, L-either a small amt of tuna with relish or a small piece of tilapia fish, S-smoked almonds at work because im starving because i cant get much food down when im actually trying to eat, D-small piece of grilled chicken if I could get it down. I drink lots of Water at work, I work out at least 3-4 times a week. As you can see I dont know what to cut out or what im doing wrong. The worse I might do from time to time is have some wine with my husband but that cannot possibly be slowing my weight loss that much. Should I maybe drink some more protein shakes? Im losing 1 to 2 lbs A MONTH! How is that possible?? Im totally lost and confused , please please give me some examples of what you eat throughout the day.

If that's all you eat I'm going to say you're not eating enough, at all. Do you weigh the food you eat? If not look into buying a food scale, mine has been god sent as I'm not good at eyeballing things, my eyes will always be bigger than my stomach.

In any case I don't think you're eating enough. Do you log your food? Again, if you don't, try it, but from what you typed I'm sure you're barely eating 1000 calories. If you're exercising you're going to want to eat more. If you want to do that in the form of a Protein Shake, go for it, though you'd probably appreciate whole foods better. When I was really "on the wagon" so to speak I generally ate this:

Breakfast: 2 eggs or 2 servings of egg beaters with low fat cheese and turkey bacon/sausage

Snack: Protein Bar, some sort of fruit, or cottage cheese

Lunch: Usually 4oz of protein + veggies (I used to do chicken + Beans + cheese + salsa + sour cream)

Snack: Similar to my first snack

Dinner: Similar to lunch

I have always kept my protein high (never gone below 110g protein a day) and in the beginning I did keep my carbs low but have since stopped doing anything low-carb. Maybe it's something you can look into but in the end its calories in vs. calories out.

Let me know if you need more help! Good luck :)

If that's all you eat I'm going to say you're not eating enough, at all. Do you weigh the food you eat? If not look into buying a food scale, mine has been god sent as I'm not good at eyeballing things, my eyes will always be bigger than my stomach.

In any case I don't think you're eating enough. Do you log your food? Again, if you don't, try it, but from what you typed I'm sure you're barely eating 1000 calories. If you're exercising you're going to want to eat more. If you want to do that in the form of a Protein shake, go for it, though you'd probably appreciate whole foods better. When I was really "on the wagon" so to speak I generally ate this:

Breakfast: 2 eggs or 2 servings of egg beaters with low fat cheese and turkey bacon/sausage

Lunch: Usually 4oz of Protein + veggies (I used to do chicken + Beans + cheese + salsa + sour cream)

I have always kept my protein high (never gone below 110g protein a day) and in the beginning I did keep my carbs low but have since stopped doing anything low-carb. Maybe it's something you can look into but in the end its calories in vs. calories out.

See I cant eat that much even if i wanted to. I get this horrible presurre at the very back of my throat at the 2 or 3 spoonfull of fish, meat or chicken. So I stop eating. At first I was keeping a log of everything i put in my mouth and i was still not losing weight so when i went to the dr for my fill he told me im stressing out too much and to stop with the log. Well i was less stressed out because i wasnt using the journal but still no weight loss. I will start the journal again, however I really dont have a clue as to what amt of anything i should be eating. How many calories a day do you think i should start with and protein per day? I was thinking of consuming more protein shakes and getting some Protein Bars, any you recommend?

In any case I don't think you're eating enough. Do you log your food? Again, if you don't, try it, but from what you typed I'm sure you're barely eating 1000 calories. If you're exercising you're going to want to eat more. If you want to do that in the form of a Protein shake, go for it, though you'd probably appreciate whole foods better. When I was really "on the wagon" so to speak I generally ate this:

Lunch: Usually 4oz of Protein + veggies (I used to do chicken + Beans + cheese + salsa + sour cream)