Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

girdle / corset / shapeware after the band

Anyone knows if it is OK to wear girdle / corset / shapeware or something like that after the banding while losing weight?

Wondering if it is squeezing pouch/port and should not be used after surgery...

And if it helps skin to shrink.

Any input?

I have worn some form of spandex for a long time and think it does help to remind me to have good posture and suck it in

Try things on: try the discount stores such as ross's TJ maxx and Marshalls and sample what you like

it does run small so Spanx was not my friend

I love flexees and they sell at costco

Avoid the dryer as it will weaken over time, don't buy too much of anything as hopefully you will shrink too.

Good luck

I have heard NOT to wear that type of stuff. I am not sure why, but I read it here somewhere. Maybe do a search within the site and you can find it.

My concern would be that it let's your stomach muscles get lazy. The more you are holding yourself in the stronger your muscles will be. If you are wearing shapeware it's doing all the work.

I've read that too - that you need to rely on your own core to support yourself and that Shapewear does weaken the core if worn all the time. Not really sure that any garment could provide THAT much support, I think its probably a bit of a myth.

However, it is also a myth, or really complete fantasy that anything you wear could prevent loose skin. That has already happened by the time you're fat, weight loss just exposes it. There is absolutely nothing you can do about that - you will either have it or you wont. Exercise helps you look more toned though.

I love Spanx. Started wearing them about a month after I had my surgery. I feel I don't jiggle as much with them on. And they kind of smooth your thighs, stomach and back out. I know that exercise will tone you up, but spanx also help. They are expensive, but not as expensive as some of the other stuff i have seen. And they last a long time.

Spanx (and other like brands.. flexees, sweet nothings, tummytanks, etc. ) are sorta like compression wear that athletes & others wear to workout, but spanx are made to wear under other things instead of on the outside.

I work out 5 or 6 days a week and wear compression shorts and tank tops (with a t-shirt over) while exercising. I find that the snug fitting shorts are supportive of my muscles and they feel better when I wear them.

I wouldn't recommend wearing spanx 100% of the time, but in my limited experience and knowledge, don't see a problem wearing them when appropriate.

And what kind to buy that sells bug sizes?

Plus size shapewear