Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all March Bansters

I have finally got my surgery date of March 21st and am getting more nervous as it approaches. My husband was recently banded and has done GREAT! Just wondering if anyone is feeling a little anxious, but excited about our new beginnings?

My surgery date is March 21, too. I have the same feelings. Anxiety, nervous, scared, excited. I have been going through the process since Nov 2009 due to insurance regulations. I was soo excited to get approved. The quick approval even surprised my surgeon. :)

I'm getting banded March 16th. I started the process in August, so it's been a longggggg wait! I'm also nervous...nervous about the surgery, nervous about the results (or lack thereof), nervous about people's reactions, and nervous about the potential side effects. Ultimately, though, the risk of not having this surgery and not losing weight far outweighs the risk and anxiety of having this surgery.

I'm getting banded March 16th. I started the process in August, so it's been a longggggg wait! I'm also nervous...nervous about the surgery, nervous about the results (or lack thereof), nervous about people's reactions, and nervous about the potential side effects. Ultimately, though, the risk of not having this surgery and not losing weight far outweighs the risk and anxiety of having this surgery.

I too started this process in August and should have my surgery date by now. My problem is my Drs. Office. They say my chart is in storage and they don't have time to get it to get my passed 3yrs weights for the ins. co. I am getting so frustrated. I know I can do the pictures but it would be alot better if I could get my weights from the Dr. Congrats on your date and good luck. Praying everything goes great for ya.

It's crazy to think 7 months ago I was so sad I had to wait 6 months to get a surgery date. Now that the surgery is two weeks away I'm like "am I ready for this?"!! My surgery date is also March 16th and I'm super excited to start my new life but I'm really nervous too. Just picked up my Optifast shakes and bars for my pre-op diet that I'll be starting on Wednesday!! Yay surgery is right around the corner! :)

I am getting banded on March 18th so I am nervous/excited too. I came down with a stupid sinus infection but emailed and the surgeon said I should still be fine. I started medicine. I have never had surgery before so this is a completely new experience. Reading everyone's surgery story helps tremendously.

I am getting banded on the 8th! I started trying to get this done in February of last year but I was transferring with my husband so my doctor said to wait until I got to my new duty station. Then I got here and the new doc blew me off with excuses about all the things that I would need to do to get the surgery. I eventually got a different doctor and asked her, she put it in right away and within a month I was approved for surgery.

I didn't have to do all the jumping through hoops that alot of other do, so I got really paranoid that I thought my doctor was just rushing me to surgery. I have researched him and the band as much as I think possible at this point!

My doctor didn't put me on an all liquid diet, and I found this forum where EVERYONE is on a liquid diet almost two weeks prior to surgery. So I started the diet with you guys it only seemed fair. Apparently at my weight I don't have to do it. I have to say that this is a challenge. I am the person that wakes up at midnight to eat. I know it's bad but I just couldn't control myself, learning to stop it now for sure. If I can't do this liquid diet how am I going to do the right things after I am banded? It's so close now I am seriously nervous to say the least, but excited as well. I hope that all these horror stories bypass me!

March 7th for me, had to go today for clearance from PCP and did labs and chest x-rays at the same time. I go Wednesday for hospital pre-op. It seems like it's all happening quickly now. My family is supporting me 100% which makes it much easier. My wife has plans to modify the way she eats and cooks for us all which is a big deal for me. It will definitely be a great benefit for me to have the right foods prepared and not be tempted by the carb rich foods I have craved in the past. Good luck to all of the March Bandsters.

Rhino

My surgery is this Friday, the 4th and I am a nervous wreck. I know this is the best decision for me but it still doesn't calm all the doubts floating in my head. I guess that is only natural.

We CAN do this... congrats to everyone!!!

I have finally got my surgery date of March 21st and am getting more nervous as it approaches. My husband was recently banded and has done GREAT! Just wondering if anyone is feeling a little anxious, but excited about our new beginnings?

My surgery date is mar 11. my emotions are all over. I think i am more worried about things going wrong..band slippeage, flipped port. because i am a self pay and i can't just keep going in to fix if something goes wrong.

I'm new to the group and just got my surgery date. March 31st- so just squeaking into the March group. I am feeling hopeful, which is a nice way to feel, since i have spent a lot of time feeling hopeless. Sending everyone good thoughts.

ps- how do i add a signature at the bottom? and a weight thing?

My surgery date is mar 11. my emotions are all over. I think i am more worried about things going wrong..band slippeage, flipped port. because i am a self pay and i can't just keep going in to fix if something goes wrong.

Im super nervous and excited at the same time.

im set for the 24th March so i start my pre-op diet on the 7th.

good luck :P