Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2011 Banders?

I am scheduled for May 2.

I'm also scheduled for May 6th. It's coming so soon! I'm excited and nervous all at once!

Hi, I'm May also. My date is May 6th, assuming nothing comes up. I already have insurance approval and I have to go to the hospital on April 12th for pre admission testing. If everything is OK then May 6th is the day!!! I am scared, they better sedate me when I enter the building or they will have a crying, babbling baby on their hands !!!!

So I wanted to tell someone this on the boards but I don't want everyone to hate me! I do not have to do a pre-op diet!!! I was so shocked! I even asked multiple people and checked and rechecked all my paperwork! Crazy!

Hi Everyone:

I had my pre-op testing on yesterday. If everything is ok, I am scheduled for surgery on May 4th. I've already started the 2 week pre-op diet.

Best wishes and much succes for all of you May Bandsters.

Skhsbst

Is anyone else having all of their pre-op testing done the day before their surgery? My doctor makes you check into the hospital the day before placing the lap-band so you can have all of the pre-op tests done then. It's kind of nice to have it all done at once, but I hate being in the hospital. My doctor will also make me stay in the hospital for at least a day after the surgery to place the lap-band. He said he'd like me to stay five days after, but it's my choice. I guess they do it a little differently in Germany ;)

I'm scheduled for May 2nd.. and I am definetly the same.. anxious, scared and excited.. Good luck!!

My surgery is scheduled for May 12th 2011. I am so anxious and scared and excited

I had my pre-op testing on April 22nd, but my surgery is May 4th.

Is anyone else having all of their pre-op testing done the day before their surgery? My doctor makes you check into the hospital the day before placing the lap-band so you can have all of the pre-op tests done then. It's kind of nice to have it all done at once, but I hate being in the hospital. My doctor will also make me stay in the hospital for at least a day after the surgery to place the lap-band. He said he'd like me to stay five days after, but it's my choice. I guess they do it a little differently in Germany ;)

My pre-op is on Wednesday the 27th :) no hospital for me, my surgeon does everything right in their office :)

Www.nwwls.com

Dr. Robert Michaelson

So I wanted to tell someone this on the boards but I don't want everyone to hate me! I do not have to do a pre-op diet!!! I was so shocked! I even asked multiple people and checked and rechecked all my paperwork! Crazy!

Lucky you... I have two weeks of 2 small meals 2 Protein Shakes and no less then 60 grams of Protein and no more then 80. I been hard since am a picky eater....:) Good luck

Lucky you... I have two weeks of 2 small meals 2 Protein Shakes and no less then 60 grams of Protein and no more then 80. I been hard since am a picky eater....:) Good luck

I bet it is! good luck to you too! I thought about doing some type of plan anyway just to get my into the grove. I think working on getting all that protein in now is a great idea so you already have a handle on what you are doing!

I am May 12th , I start my pre op diet on Thursday I'm scared lol I am wondering do they realize if I can make it two whole weeks on this diet why am I in for this surgery wouldn't I have been successfull on any other ? :rolleyes:

I'm afraid :( Im gonna mess up and not get through this esp at work glad I found this site and will be sure to add to my favorites so I can talk and survive lol.

I am on day 6 out of 14, and it really is easier than i thought it would be. i mean, it still SUCKS, don't get me wrong, but i'm not starving or anything. the liquid has kept me plenty full and i sooo look forward to my jell-o, popsicle, and vegetables when i get home. yummmy can't wait.